Moz on Dermot O'Leary, Radio 2: 30/4/11 3pm

I don't really think Moz makes enough effort to get in and really get signed to a label. Look at The Fall, they're constantly changing labels but manage to bang out an ace album every year!
Come on Moz get your finger out and get that album sorted I'll do the artwork for free!

I don't really think Moz makes enough effort to get in and really get signed to a label. Look at The Fall, they're constantly changing labels but manage to bang out an ace album every year!
Come on Moz get your finger out and get that album sorted I'll do the artwork for free!

I admire The Fall, but Morrissey and The Fall are not in the same league.

Morrissey's solo studio albums all managed in the top 10 album chart, 4 of them got No.1 which makes Morrissey rather diva-like.

You could've listened live, many forum users were logging on BBC website when the programme started.

Unfortunately BBC is funded by residents of UK, unable to provide the service outside the country.

I wasn't online. I'm gonna try mozmic dancer's mp3. Thanks.

Beyond fascinating. :p

He picked the girl least likely to. :tears:

I kinda love hearing him flirt.

Yeah I know that but I think The Fall have remained so fresh and on the ball the past 30 years, I wish Morrissey had a bit more balls to him and had a bit more of a hard graft business head on, if he believes in his music and that he should be fighting for labels to sign him not just sitting back and waiting for people to come to him and moan in the process. He needs a rocket up his arse sometimes, I do think he's become somewhat of a diva too. No need for all that.

so I followed the link and was afraid I would have to wade through 3 hours of it to find the interview parts :cool:
then I saw a link to a 20 some odd minute file which I assumed was just the interview :confused:
I could not listen to that one, of course :rolleyes:, when I clicked on it, the screen suddenly said:
"not available in your area" :eek:
I guess thats what I get for living in the good old USofA :squiffy:
still, thx 4 the link Bennie :thumb: at least we tried :o

your mate Crystal got it.

Last edited:
I really liked that interview, a bit of banter on both parts and challenging each other, being a bit cheeky, Moz said some good things too, he still makes me chuckle and Dermot was quite likable considering how mainstream he is, I actually prefer him on the radio. Good interview!

AND A NEW ALBUM TOO!

Surely someone at EMI would have anticipated this? I mean, do they really expect to reel in THAT much from the remasters?

I would probably say 'yes' because I think there is a misconception out there that most Morrissey fans are rabid devotees who'll buy anything his name appears on.

I don't know I have always assumed Moz's bemoaning of not being signed while still being signed is some sort of way to get more promotion from his labels by downplaying them. I think this is especially true if he has a entire album ready

He said the same thing about Refusal...I'm sure you won't see any news about the album being recorded until late this year.

More complaints on the main page about this than in the forums, but still, it seems a lot of us don't like this "type" of Morrissey interview.
I actually prefer it when the interviewer busts Morrissey's balls a bit and he gets back at them. Sure there wasn't much substance but the banter was enjoyable.
Dermot complimented when he needed to and tried his best to keep up with Morrissey's snark.
Good to hear such a clear rendition of Girl Least Likely To...

I've always been interested in Morrissey's feelings about record labels. On one had he hates them but on the other refuses to go DIY, still wanting the "legitimacy" of a label's backing. Would like an interviewer to go into this a bit more.

Mr O'Leary didnt know who Damien Demspey is. His guest certainly did and raved a bit in ways he only he can. Good banter between them though... Damien's playing Edinburgh 5th Aug Queens Hall and Glasgow Oran Mor Sat 6th Aug. 2011

Back
Top Bottom