Moz sings 'duet' with Kristeen Young - not really

Re: Moz sings 'duet' with Kristeen Young

I've studied Latin for some time. 'Domine' is usually meant as 'Lord' but not in this context. In this case it, in fact, is for lady. And the 'fimus' is not for 'shit' but for 'dirt'. And when put together it's simply 'Filthy Lady' or 'Dirty Lady' whichever you prefer.

as excited as i will be for another tour, i shake in cold shivers with the nightmarish fear of having to hear ky open again, i will have to pray for seated venues so i can turn up after her set.:p

ooh me too, i could never stand through that again,
2 pairs of earplugs, my coat and my arms pressed tightly over my ears could not block it out... :tears: :tears:

Young was already asked by Morrissey to open for him on the 'Tour of Refusal' when the album was still sheduled for a September 15th release. At the time, she accepted. However, Morrissey and Decca kept delaying the release of the album and a definite start for the tour was not known. Kristeen Young has committed show dates of her own so it is unknown whether she is 'still on' as the opening act or not on the upcoming Morrissey tour.

2 pairs of earplugs, my coat and my arms pressed tightly over my ears could not block it out... :tears: :tears:

Hey! I will never understand why no one captures the beauty of her art. :confused: Even my friends, I can't have her CDs in when I have people in my car. "David, what the f*** are you listening to?" or "Is this bitch dying or what? Turn this shit off."

One day, they'll understand. Hahah yeah right.:rolleyes:

Hey! I will never understand why no one captures the beauty of her art. :confused: Even my friends, I can't have her CDs in when I have people in my car. "David, what the f*** are you listening to?" or "Is this bitch dying or what? Turn this shit off."

One day, they'll understand. Hahah yeah right.:rolleyes:

"is this bitch dying or what?"
ROFLMAO, i can agree with that...
i dont find it tooo terrible, the worst thing is the VOLUME and the OTT screeching that ruins it.

I've studied Latin for some time. 'Domine' is usually meant as 'Lord' but not in this context. In this case it, in fact, is for lady. And the 'fimus' is not for 'shit' but for 'dirt'. And when put together it's simply 'Filthy Lady' or 'Dirty Lady' whichever you prefer.

Your Latin teacher should be shot. It means nothing of the sort grammatically.

Your Latin teacher should be shot. It means nothing of the sort grammatically.

Yeah you're right. But I'm pretty sure that's what she meant. I think that heart of the issue here is what she's trying to say in her song.

it was so painful.i remember especially the hammerstein shows, standing there for hours then she came on, so bad.i have heard cats in heat run over by trucks sound better.:p

sometimes i wonder if moz knows how bad she really is and has her open just to torture us a little more before he hits the stage.:D

Yeah you're right. But I'm pretty sure that's what she meant. I think that heart of the issue here is what she's trying to say in her song.

Why use Latin to say something, only to f*** it up so horribly?

it was so painful.i remember especially the hammerstein shows, standing there for hours then she came on, so bad.i have heard cats in heat run over by trucks sound better.:p

sometimes i wonder if moz knows how bad she really is and has her open just to torture us a little more before he hits the stage.:D

It's not as if Girl in a Coma were any better. We hid down in the basement of the Hammerstein and stuffed paper towels in our ears. Unbelievably, hideously bad.

It isn't real ...

It has been brought to my attention that there is a demo of a song I wrote (for
our forthcoming album) circulating. This demo I, personally, have not posted ANYWHERE.
Whoever is posting it, has no right to...but, that's life. The demo went by
the working title of "Duet", but this is not the title of the finished
song. Because the working title was "Duet", a few people have assumed
the song is a duet with Morrissey. This is not the case. The song IS a duet, but
not with Morrissey. So, rejoice, cry...let the truth ring out...but, please no more
messages of ill will. I only like to be chastised for things that are true.

-Kristeen

It isn't real ...

It has been brought to my attention that there is a demo of a song I wrote (for
our forthcoming album) circulating. This demo I, personally, have not posted ANYWHERE.
Whoever is posting it, has no right to...but, that's life. The demo went by
the working title of "Duet", but this is not the title of the finished
song. Because the working title was "Duet", a few people have assumed
the song is a duet with Morrissey. This is not the case. The song IS a duet, but
not with Morrissey. So, rejoice, cry...let the truth ring out...but, please no more
messages of ill will. I only like to be chastised for things that are true.

-Kristeen

This makes me angry. Kristeen was forced to write this blurb and invite speculation into her artistry (some of you don't like her music but it's still art) as to who she sang the song with, old Morrissey gossip, etc, and why? Because of a prank? This was thought out.

This makes me angry. Kristeen was forced to write this blurb and invite speculation into her artistry (some of you don't like her music but it's still art) as to who she sang the song with, old Morrissey gossip, etc, and why? Because of a prank? This was thought out.

yes, such is internet life. I think a proper duet with them two would be good. :D

yes, such is internet life. I think a proper duet with them two would be good. :D

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I don't like the constant slamming of Kristeen as the villain and then forcing her to say that these musical trysts aren't happening calling into question events that might be sensitive to her in the long run. It takes away from her own work which people here seem too close-minded to even begin to understand.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I don't like the constant slamming of Kristeen as the villain and then forcing her to say that these musical trysts aren't happening calling into question events that might be sensitive to her in the long run. It takes away from her own work which people here seem too close-minded to even begin to understand.

I agree, I really can't see the reason why they don't like her. Yes it's a slightly unatural frequency but she's a clever lyricist and a very talented musician.
I don't think she should duet with Morrissey, I don't think their voices suit eachother. Also, I don't really like the results of Bowie's (well the latter half, I adore the introduction! :cool:) and Brian Moloko's duets; otherwise I really like her work.

Kristeen has already denounced this. Duet is a working title for a song she sang with someone else. There is no duet with Morrissey.

Tags
kristeen young morrissey
Back
Top Bottom