Moz / Smiths on Stylophone?

Voodoo Doll

I got a stylophone off secret Santa and have got a bit bored playing silent night which was the only song that came with it... Has anyone got any Moz/Smiths stuff to play on the stylophone? I googled it but all I found was some idiot who said 'to say Morrissey can sing is like saying a stylophone is a grand piano':mad:

Until I read this thread, I must confess I had no idea what a stylophone was. But now, looking into it, I'm thoroughly interested and considering purchasing one. :)

Sorry this doesn't help :o

Until I read this thread, I must confess I had no idea what a stylophone was. But now, looking into it, I'm thoroughly interested and considering purchasing one. :)

Sorry this doesn't help :o

So you werent an 80s kid then? :) I remember being very good at sussing out tunes on my childhood stylophone but I seem to have lost the knack... Let me know if you get one and we can compare notes :)
And you can even use it as MP3 speakers these days!

Last edited:
So you werent an 80s kid then? :) I remember being very good at sussing out tunes on my childhood stylophone but I seem to have lost the knack... Let me know if you get one and we can compare notes :)

:o
Nope, I wasn't. Born in '90.
I'm looking about ebay and amazon -- the only thing is I tend to stray away from things with batteries as I go through them quite quickly. I suppose it'd be foolish to assume there's a stylophone somewhere that has an adapter? :D Sorta defeats the purpose of a pocket synthesizer, I suppose. We'll see :guitar: I'm still considering. Would you say it's worth it?

:o
Nope, I wasn't. Born in '90.
I'm looking about ebay and amazon -- the only thing is I tend to stray away from things with batteries as I go through them quite quickly. I suppose it'd be foolish to assume there's a stylophone somewhere that has an adapter? :D Sorta defeats the purpose of a pocket synthesizer, I suppose. We'll see :guitar: I'm still considering. Would you say it's worth it?

Well, they look amazing and it gave me hours of fun as a kid which I am trying hard to replicate but all the tunes are shit... No interest in playing greensleeves really. I just thought maybe it could be fun for stuff like charming man but obviously HSIN isn't going to happen. I found a forum with some more, erm, modern music on but not found anything I particularly like yet.... I think it's worth the £15 just to look at - best looking speakers if not sound!
stylophone.gif

I bought one for my niece this Christmas. pretty much turned out to be the most popular present of the family Christmas - hours of entertainment! managed to work out the intro to Last Night I Dreamt - splendid stuff!

Voodoo
80's kid?:eek:
These were definatley an early 70's thing!:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Voodoo
80's child?:eek:
These were definatley an early 70's thing!:guitar:
EDIT
In fact....according to this - it was a late 60's thing:eek:
http://www.retrothing.com/2009/05/rolf-harris-rocks-the-stylophone.html

DOUBLE EDIT dont know why this posted twice!!!!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Oi! I wasn't even born then :eek: It says right through the 70s so they would still have been around early 80s surely. I mean, you can still buy mega drives now can't you ;)

I remember Rolf advertising them in the early 70's but they pretty much died out a few years later, by the mid 70's, to be replaced by chopper bikes, perms, space hoppers and white suits:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Guilty of all of the above except for the white suit :confused: - dont remember those... So have you got any tunes then? :guitar:

Come on, you telling me Mr Voodoo Doll wasn't jiving in his white suit to Saturday Night Fever:thumb:
No....sorry I don't have any tunes for you!:(

Jukebox Jury

I think I've resolved on getting one. But it'll probably be a few days before I order it because I'm going back to school next week and I want to make sure it is delivered at a time when the university resumes mail service :)

:guitar:
^
Mods, we need a stylophonist smiley :lbf:

I remember them from the 70's. Amazing Grace was the first thing that you learned to play. That was the law!

Back
Top Bottom