Moz songs meanings

tsvi

hello everyone, 30 years of Moz love behind me. On my way to my third show, this time in Athens, tomorrow. As always I enjoy the poetry as much as the music. Unfortunately aside from songmeaninings web site, I cannot find a safety heaven for discussing and reading about the Moz poetry. Especially of the world peace, as if it's none of our business. Solo should be THE spot for such discussions. Please, please let me get what I want this time. Anyone?

"I eat the soil"

soil is oil. Unguent is oil. After she bites him he needs unguent. When he rifles through the medicine cabinet for the unguent, he closes the mirror and sees himself. Then he sees where she is, his prey, and she becomes a ghost with aid of the shower curtain and all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place for him and he realizes he can finally be stabbed. Cut to Smiler with Knife for more information on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you read the rogan book? that was good and much better than the severed alliance. very dry and researched, theres not much personal opinion.

"Soil" = someone has soiled themselves. So, I reckon it's a song about hugging, kissing, and eating poo. Or is it just me?

@CG: i think you are on to something there.
@Anonymous: what is the rogan book? and does it refer to wpinoyb?

well, i cannot claim that i completely understand the song scandinavia, it will probably always remain a mystery to me, but that's just fine and part of its beauty. nevertheless, whenever i listen to the first two stanzas, i cannot help but imagine someone who is trapped on one of those holiday cruiser ships called "scandinavia" or the like, surrounded by the monotony of the water, total geeks and bores and their clamouring children. Three of the four elements are invocated: water, fire and soil. One element is missing, namely air, probably reflecting the current sluggishness and stagnation in the lyrical I's life. well, i've never been on one of those ships, and i hope i will never have to be, but as far as i was told, there is indeed not much else to do but to start amours with other passengers or, as a last resort, commit suicide.

no it doesnt refer to world peace. heres a link to it on amazon. its got a four and a half out of five review from three people. i enjoyed it quite a bit

Back
Top Bottom