Moz w/ DEF JAM??

T

tony from LA

does anyone know of Moz's new label?
i heard he is with DEF JAM , but that does not sound right to me...
can u imagine MOZ with DMX, Method MAn, and JAY Z???
talk about the hard knock life tour?? lol

Yep Its true my friend

As wierd as it sounds, it is true that morrissey has been thrown onto Def Jam, and he is seriously not happy. It wasn't really his decision at all so naturally he is probably going to do whatever he can to rectify the situation before he hits the studio again, which if anyone is interested is supposed to be within 99

Thats PATHETIC!

Yo Yo yo, Wussup hommeys..Its mee..Mo' Zee and Im here chillin like a villan in Manchesteee....The bitches bring me flowers, I moan and Whine for hours...I do the little girly boys..hour after hours...no what im sayin? "Aks me Aks Me Aks me"

Re: Thats PATHETIC!

Why is it pathetic? The stupid and self-imposed segregation, based both on race and genre, that we see in these "label debates" is more pathetic than Moz finding a label that actually wants him. Imagine if this is true (I have my doubts). Imagine the kind of guts and artistic vision it would require of the folks at Def Jam to sign someone like Moz. That's not pathetic, that's courageous.

That's BUSINESS

> Imagine the kind of guts and artistic vision it would require of¿ the folks at Def Jam to sign someone like Moz. That's not¿ pathetic, that's courageous.

Courageous? Nope, it's more to do with contractual obligations to Mercury, I believe (of which Def Jam is a subsidiary). Anyway, until it all comes out officially, we can't really judge this.

That was HILARIOUS, Brutalful - I wet my pants! ; )

I pity the po' fool who don't like Sir Mopes-a-lot

> does anyone know of Moz's new label?¿ i heard he is with DEF JAM , but that does not sound right to¿ me...¿ can u imagine MOZ with DMX, Method MAn, and JAY Z???¿ talk about the hard knock life tour?? lol

And as part of the standard deal, they already have 2 contracts out on his life.

....and I heard he was supposed to be doing an album of South African anti-apartheid chants.

Re: Thats PATHETIC!

> Why is it pathetic? The stupid and self-imposed segregation,¿ based both on race and genre, that we see in these "label¿ debates" is more pathetic than Moz finding a label that¿ actually wants him. Imagine if this is true (I have my doubts).¿ Imagine the kind of guts and artistic vision it would require of¿ the folks at Def Jam to sign someone like Moz. That's not¿ pathetic, that's courageous.

AS STRANGE AS IT ME BE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT MY FRIEND, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Re: I pity the po' fool who don't like Sir Mopes-a-lot

> And as part of the standard deal, they already have 2 contracts¿ out on his life.

Considering Vanilla Ice plays guitar now, the rap world needs another turntable-Elvis to fill in. I just hope Suge Knight doesn't eat a hot dog in front of Moz.¿ ....and I heard he was supposed to be doing an album of South¿ African anti-apartheid chants.

I heard he was also gonna do a sitcom on NBC. According to the plot, Moz moves in with relatives in Bel-Air California, escaping thug life. Mike Joyce is slated for cameos, and plays a freeloader--bumming money and food from Moz. Looks promising. I give it 6 seasons.

Re: Yep Its true my friend

> As wierd as it sounds, it is true that morrissey has been thrown¿ onto Def Jam, and he is seriously not happy. It wasn't really¿ his decision at all so naturally he is probably going to do¿ whatever he can to rectify the situation before he hits the¿ studio again, which if anyone is interested is supposed to be¿ within 99

Wasn't he supposed to be on Interscope?

Stefan

"Morrissey is Racist, 1999"

> As wierd as it sounds, it is true that morrissey has been thrown¿ onto Def Jam, and he is seriously not happy. It wasn't really¿ his decision at all so naturally he is probably going to do¿ whatever he can to rectify the situation

I can just smell the trouble brewing! The Melody Maker will have a field day!

Besides, it makes sense that Mercury are going to do something weird like that to get back at him for griping about being on their label. Morrissey may be a great artiste, but a contract's a contract, and I'm afraid he went too far this time in lipping the higher-ups.

I've been wondering what kind of consequences Morrissey's feuds with Mercury would bring. Guess there's my answer!

Cheers,

Jamie

Re: "Morrissey is Racist, 1999"

First up, we have to see first off if this is actually true or not. Especially since it looked like he was merely being dropped.

Wait a minute, isn't Tony the same guy that said Moz isn't doing anything a while back and knows who he is palling around with? You should know this, so why are you asking us?

If this was revenge, that would be incredibly mafioso-like, and most record companies aren't that creative. They just pretend that you never existed. This, on the otherhand, creates headlines.

Even if it was true, it wouldn't be a terrible thing. Most labels have a mixture of artists of different genres, but rap is one of the most noteable exceptions. It sort of reminds you of the days when black people got their own water fountains and restaurants. Most people don't know jack about record labels anyway.

Re: nooooo.....

> No, thats a tax write off
----------
People get assaulted in the rap world for failing to "keep it real." Nothing could be less "real" to that community than Morrissey. If this Def Jame thing were to actually happen, I think it'd be a very weird and wonderful cultural event. So in a strange way, I hope it's true.

this is the best...

> Yo Yo yo, Wussup hommeys..Its mee..Mo' Zee and Im here chillin¿ like a villan in Manchesteee....The bitches bring me flowers, I¿ moan and Whine for hours...I do the little girly boys..hour¿ after hours...no what im sayin? "Aks me Aks Me Aks me"

This is too!!! funny....

loved it...

Back
Top Bottom