'Murica

I'd have to look but I am fairly sure I read a Snopes article debunking the claim of the virology lab being in Wuhan, and that it's actually a considerable distance from there. I don't know.

The point is, if this was in fact "planned" then the planners really kind of made it up as they went along. Personally I'm not buying the Alex Jones shit....and I LIKE Alex Jones! I just don't see any indication or evidence of a planned, structured process at work here, started on purpose, with an agenda and an end goal and a profit for the evil billionaires. If anything I see the exact opposite. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I being obtuse? Possibly. But that's the route I'm taking until I have reason to think differently. I'll concur with you that getting hung up on conspiracy theories is not going to help anyone. Maybe when this is all over we can parse out the different theories based on the information we have once the dust settles, but not now.

crackedpots dont pay attention to fake cham when he pontificates about the many different areas in china FFS he never been out of that weed and hammer ghetto where he lives at?

I'd have to look but I am fairly sure I read a Snopes article debunking the claim of the virology lab being in Wuhan, and that it's actually a considerable distance from there. I don't know.

The point is, if this was in fact "planned" then the planners really kind of made it up as they went along. Personally I'm not buying the Alex Jones shit....and I LIKE Alex Jones! I just don't see any indication or evidence of a planned, structured process at work here, started on purpose, with an agenda and an end goal and a profit for the evil billionaires. If anything I see the exact opposite. Could I be wrong? Sure. Am I being obtuse? Possibly. But that's the route I'm taking until I have reason to think differently. I'll concur with you that getting hung up on conspiracy theories is not going to help anyone. Maybe when this is all over we can parse out the different theories based on the information we have once the dust settles, but not now.
We'll never know. You just have to take the theory that helps you feel there is some stability and reason in the world and try not to push it on other people.

There's a good chance this virus is a biological weapon. The main questions are who made it and if it turned out to be a double-edged sword. Or not, mayby it hit where it was intended to hit, since there are some places in the world that seem to remain pretty safe. Just thinking.

There's a good chance this virus is a biological weapon. The main questions are who made it and if it turned out to be a double-edged sword. Or not, mayby it hit where it was intended to hit, since there are some places in the world that seem to remain pretty safe. Just thinking.

Are you, though? Where's your evidence, or even your indicators? Show me the breadcrumbs that mark the path to your hypothesis.

1585468140361.png

Are you, though? Where's your evidence, or even your indicators? Show me the breadcrumbs that mark the path to your hypothesis.

It's not unreasonable to start going down the conspiracy theory route...whenever there's something of this nature happening it always raises its head (9/11, JFK, et al). I don't discount it as a possibility in any root cause analysis. As for proof? Well that'll be a long time coming. But it's always good to be able to think out of the box.

Just to add to this, & issued in Sept 2019:

A WORLD AT RISK

Page 27:

High-impact respiratory pathogens, such as an especially deadly strain of influenza, pose particular global risks in the modern age. The pathogens are spread via respiratory droplets; they can infect a large number of people very quickly and with today’s transportation infrastructure, move rapidly across multiple geographies. In addition to a greater risk of pandemics from natural pathogens, scientific developments allow for disease-causing microorganisms to be engineered or recreated in laboratories. Should countries, terrorist groups, or scientifically advanced individuals create or obtain and then use biological weapons that have the characteristics of a novel, high-impact respiratory pathogen, the consequences could be as severe as, or even greater, than those of a natural epidemic, as could an accidental release of epidemic-prone microorganisms

I said there's a chance, I'm not affirming it. Are you affirming the opposite?

On a side note, when you know for sure that some unrelated facts are very different from what is known by public opinion, you may be prone to think most facts could be very different from what we are informed. Call it a bias.

I said there's a chance, I'm not affirming it. Are you affirming the opposite?

On a side note, when you know for sure that some unrelated facts are very different from what is known by public opinion, you may be prone to think most facts could be very different from what we are informed. Call it a bias.
Boy, I don't understand a word you just said.

Boy, I don't understand a word you just said.
Not picking on you but as the great philosopher Mike Muir once said "Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense." I think what they are saying is that when you experience something firsthand and then see it reported differently the next day in the news you start to have less faith in the news.

I think I need to post a disclaimer that I post things that I think are funny, interesting, or batshit crazy and it doesn't mean that I'm saying this is what I believe and you should also believe it. Belief is a commitment anyway and belief in the absence of proof is really just choosing to put faith in the model that you are comfortable with most likely based on prior assumptions and beliefs that have not been tested and can't be tested.
Nothing can be proven really.
Where that messes people up is they read it as "all theories have equal plausibility" and that's not true. Some things are more likely than others. That's why some of what Alex Jones or David Icke says might sound enticing but we've all got different perspectives and we're all going to give that kind of thing different degrees of credibility. It's like they're driving a bus and you get on board but few people ride to the end of the line where the Queen is a reptilian.
As far as @evennow talking about the media, I agree but the media are owned by "them." It's kind of like someone is hiring a graffiti artist to spray paint your front door everyday and you're mad at the paint. lol
The dangerous part of this is people rejecting "mainstream media" which is bullshit but it's usually articulate bullshit with bullshit sources and in turn they decide that THEREALTRUTHDOTCOM is the source for, you know, the real truth, but that's really just a bunch of lunatics who don't even run their bullshit through spellcheck. You can't trust spellcheck, right?
But in the absence of any faith in actually being able to ever know TheTuth I think that it's interesting to look into various weirdo theories. You just have to be careful not to ride the bus all the way to the end of the line.

Not picking on you but as the great philosopher Mike Muir once said "Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense." I think what they are saying is that when you experience something firsthand and then see it reported differently the next day in the news you start to have less faith in the news.
It was a line from Napolean Dynamite.

Back
Top Bottom