"My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" clear 7" vinyl released (UK, Mar. 23, 2018)

"My Love, I’d Do Anything for You" b/w "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?" (Live) on clear 7" vinyl is out now in the UK.

42406_71RQEo6dZ4L._SL1200_.jpg

Unfortunately this single will be lucky to make it to around roughly 18 in the charts. These days if you aren’t some type of electronic based music such as mainstream radio pop,r&b/hip hop,or rap,good luck getting into the top ten.

I consider myself a big Moz fan (approx. 99 stone) but I draw the line at buying music I already own just to get a live cover version. Whatever happened to those days when we got b-sides like Jack The Ripper or Nobody Loves Us? Long gone by now unfortunately. People too young or not bothered to enjoy 1980's (and some 1990's) 12" and 7" don't know what they are missing out on. Every 12" by The Cure was a joy to behold, with b-sides almost or equally as good as the A-Side. Same for The Jam and The Smiths, to name just a few. Now it's just rip-off city with almost zero effort put into it.

I consider myself a big Moz fan (approx. 99 stone) but I draw the line at buying music I already own just to get a live cover version. Whatever happened to those days when we got b-sides like Jack The Ripper or Nobody Loves Us? Long gone by now unfortunately. People too young or not bothered to enjoy 1980's (and some 1990's) 12" and 7" don't know what they are missing out on. Every 12" by The Cure was a joy to behold, with b-sides almost or equally as good as the A-Side. Same for The Jam and The Smiths, to name just a few. Now it's just rip-off city with almost zero effort put into it.

There is some redemption to be had in the joy of the physical artefact - it's a nice thing to hold, and to own. But otherwise, I'm onboard with you here... not least because you needn't look even as far back as the '90s to find good b-sides. The ...Quarry and Ringleader... b-sides were pretty fab imo :/

so right. I think the last band that put out singles with b-sides equal to (or in some cases better) than album tracks was oasis.
some here might not be fans, but those who were certainly got a quality product when they bought a single release by oasis. you would often find 3 quality unreleased tracks on each release.

Nobody buys physical singles in bulk anymore. Vinyl singles are for hipsters, completists and people with more money (and space) than sense.

They're bringing back cassettes too. I imagine there are already cassette stores in Portland

You'd think something that record shops order in via Warners would be sold with a bit more pomp.
The B-sides should automatically be available digitally as it's a no brainer for making money (albeit small amounts)
The contradiction here is that he likes the physical vinyl release, yet gives nothing new or exciting away. I won't bore you all reminiscing about yesteryear, but the disparity between now and then is depressing.
Collectors will collect regardless, but the substance of the vinyl is just cobbled together. As I have waffled on about previously: a stock Getty image where once the importance of the picture chosen/ size and positioning of the fonts were scrutinised etc says it all (but yes, I get the image is liked anyway).
I'd have liked a non-album track as a single with all 3 live tracks (possibly 4 if All The Young... appears) as B-sides. Something more substantial at least. With simultaneous digital release and a concrete release date announced well in advance via all retailers instead of the slipshod manner of late. It is currently 12:30pm and there's not a peep from any official source that there's even a single out - piss poor.
Regards,
FWD.

You'd think something that record shops order in via Warners would be sold with a bit more pomp.
The B-sides should automatically be available digitally as it's a no brainer for making money (albeit small amounts)
The contradiction here is that he likes the physical vinyl release, yet gives nothing new or exciting away. I won't bore you all reminiscing about yesteryear, but the disparity between now and then is depressing.
Collectors will collect regardless, but the substance of the vinyl is just cobbled together. As I have waffled on about previously: a stock Getty image where once the importance of the picture chosen/ size and positioning of the fonts were scrutinised etc says it all (but yes, I get the image is liked anyway).
I'd have liked a non-album track as a single with all 3 live tracks (possibly 4 if All The Young... appears) as B-sides. Something more substantial at least. With simultaneous digital release and a concrete release date announced well in advance via all retailers instead of the slipshod manner of late. It is currently 12:30pm and there's not a peep from any official source that there's even a single out - piss poor.
Regards,
FWD.

Well in general I agree but they do seem to sell despite the lack of promo so maybe it’s just seen as a pointless effort. As for the bside I’ll agree again with the general sentiment, I want new songs, but being morrissey I imagine he’s got his own agenda and message with these covers and it’s important to him. Not just the fact that they show up here on releases but also that he plays them over his own material so consistntly at shows. I wonder if he’s also hoarding his own songs in an effort to release albums as quickly as possible. Maybe he feels time baring down and running short

I whole heartedly agree, but we did at least get 6 extra tracks for WPINOYB.

At least we've gome decent recorded versions of these cover songs for posterity (something we haven't always had, eg: 'Nothing Rhymed'. That said, I wish they could have spent an extra afternoon whilst they were recording the album, to knock these covers out as proper studio cuts. The band have already learned them, so I presume it would have only taken a couple of hours work to do some rough n ready B Side versions.

Unfortunately this single will be lucky to make it to around roughly 18 in the charts.

#18 - are you shitting me? That would be a triumph of unbelievable proportions, and his best single chart performance since 'That's How People Grow Up' got to #14 a decade ago. 'Spent the Day in Bed' got plenty of airplay and only got as high as #69, while 'Jacky's Only Happy' didn't chart at all. The chances of this actually charting is remote. http://www.officialcharts.com/search/singles/spent-the-day-in-bed/

#18 - are you shitting me? That would be a triumph of unbelievable proportions, and his best single chart performance since 'That's How People Grow Up' got to #14 a decade ago. 'Spent the Day in Bed' got plenty of airplay and only got as high as #69, while 'Jacky's Only Happy' didn't chart at all. The chances of this actually charting is remote. http://www.officialcharts.com/search/singles/spent-the-day-in-bed/

They may perhaps be referring to the vinyl charts

Ok, what a shit day.
I went to Birmingham city centre to buy the 7" from my favourite indie shop to find that 'Warners never sent us any'....
Which is gutting.... So I had to walk to HMV and ask them if they had the single...
After much bemusement, I spotted said single (near the floor) and asked them how many they had: answer = 21.
After buying 3 copies for 6 quid each...
I sat there with one untouched copy, one to play with, one for my collection.... I am gutted that I had to buy a 'mainstream' 7".

It is truly sad when mainstream shops are cheaper than independent ones...
Vinyl Boutique acknowledged the release of this track, but sadly nobody else did - so it's not like the band weren't aware.
Moan....
(should add: they have 15 copies of Jacky's sat there too).
FWD

Last edited:
Any reports on the All the Young People mix?
Perhaps the upstanding member of the Morrissey community that felt the need to dangle their early record from a dodgy rep or pressing plant would like to share the MP3 with everyone - oops... That requires being nice rather than showing off....
FWD.

don't be fooled by the clear vinyl sticker. this record has some hiss and static like any other record.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom