"My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" clear 7" vinyl released (UK, Mar. 23, 2018)

"My Love, I’d Do Anything for You" b/w "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?" (Live) on clear 7" vinyl is out now in the UK.

42406_71RQEo6dZ4L._SL1200_.jpg

Ok, what a shit day.
I went to Birmingham city centre to buy the 7" from my favourite indie shop to find that 'Warners never sent us any'....
Which is gutting.... So I had to walk to HMV and ask them if they had the single...
After much bemusement, I spotted said single (near the floor) and asked them how many they had: answer = 21.
After buying 3 copies for 6 quid each...
I sat there with one untouched copy, one to play with, one for my collection.... I am gutted that I had to buy a 'mainstream' 7".
View attachment 44165
It is truly sad when mainstream shops are cheaper than independent ones...
Vinyl Boutique acknowledged the release of this track, but sadly nobody else did...
Moan....
(should add: they have 15 copies of Jacky's sat there too).
FWD
Okay, just talk me through that picture, would you FWD? Why have you got a Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar Action Man? And what's happening in that photo of Moz (I'm guessing there's a story)?

Okay, just talk me through that picture, would you FWD? Why have you got a Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar Action Man? And what's happening in that photo of Moz (I'm guessing there's a story)?
Lol....
It was a picture when he signed a record for me (and I liked it because he had his glasses on).
Kenny was a ltd edition figure given away with the box set of the entire Carry On... series - in his 'infamy' pose.
Such strange things litter my house :)
FWD.

Lol....
It was a picture when he signed a record for me (and I liked it because he had his glasses on).
Kenny was a ltd edition figure given away with the box set of the entire Carry On... series - in his 'infamy' pose.
Such strange things litter my house :)
FWD.
"Infamy, Infamy... they've all got it in fer me!" I'm very impressed and a little bit jealous of Kenny. Although I was once behind him at the checkout at Marks and Spencers food hall. Nice photo of Moz, and yes, I like it when he wears the glasses as well. Where was it taken?

How does "Hank......" sound?

#18 - are you shitting me? That would be a triumph of unbelievable proportions, and his best single chart performance since 'That's How People Grow Up' got to #14 a decade ago. 'Spent the Day in Bed' got plenty of airplay and only got as high as #69, while 'Jacky's Only Happy' didn't chart at all. The chances of this actually charting is remote. http://www.officialcharts.com/search/singles/spent-the-day-in-bed/
That's How People Grow Up Got to #14? Bonkers.

That might be Morrissey's worst ever single release.

I was certain everyone else felt the same. I feel betrayed.

Anyway, number eighteen? I'm laughing, and milk is coming out of my nose.

Perhaps the upstanding member of the Morrissey community that felt the need to dangle their early record from a dodgy rep or pressing plant would like to share the MP3 with everyone - oops... That requires being nice rather than showing off....
FWD.

I’m quite nice actually. Do you think Moz would want me to put it out online? No. I’ll make you a deal though. If it is sure to never be released, I will pass it on to the world.

I’m quite nice actually. Do you think Moz would want me to put it out online? No. I’ll make you a deal though. If it is sure to never be released, I will pass it on to the world.
You mean like the literally thousand upon thousands of bootlegs, outtakes and unreleased material people have shared worldwide since 1982? Morrissey's wishes come in to that equation? Speaking of that: he'd want you posting pictures of something that's not out (or flogging leaked records on discogs & ebay)? You can rationalise that, but not the music - which isn't very great logic. Have you ever benefited from the actions of someone here or elsewhere when it comes to any Morrissey music? It's not like it was even come about in a legitimate, open and honest way. There is zero reason to hold on to something for the sake of it, but hey tell everyone about it the mean time eh?
FWD.

Last edited:
Mando managing to do something BMG should be doing:

BMG UK remembered at close of business yesterday:

That acronym is beyond sarcastic given their treatment of it.

Just a small point of order for those saying otherwise:
20180324_032852.jpg

FWD.

Last edited:
I reckon is that Jan Brady on the cover? Reckon more classic Americana from Malibu Steve. Reckon those foreigners eat this up faster than Big Macs and New York Yankee caps. Keep getting that foreigner money m8 so you can build a proper add on for lil' Sammy so he won't have to live in the pool house all his life. Good on ya king of LA m8 inn nn nnit.

I‘m hugely impressed, but there isn‘t even a mention on Morrissey‘s Facebook or Twitter. Strange times...

Just a small point of order for those saying otherwise:
View attachment 44171
FWD.

Could it be that the wheels are coming off already? Do you think his attack of the verbal shits during the promo campaign has compromised their agreement? Is this simply lazy ineptitude? Or is this par for the course these days when it's a 3rd single off a niche interest album? What's your view, FWD?

So the single didn't have the different All the young people mix on it? That's a shame! I was really looking forward to hearing what I assumed would be a mix more like the live version. Maybe it'll show up one day... :D

So the single didn't have the different All the young people mix on it? That's a shame! I was really looking forward to hearing what I assumed would be a mix more like the live version. Maybe it'll show up one day... :D

That's another single entirely, never fear - it's coming (we hope)! May, apparently, but that's just hearsay for now :)

so right. I think the last band that put out singles with b-sides equal to (or in some cases better) than album tracks was oasis.
some here might not be fans, but those who were certainly got a quality product when they bought a single release by oasis. you would often find 3 quality unreleased tracks on each release.

You're obviously not fan of Pet Shop Boys? They still put at least two new songs on the b-side of every official single. Their last album Super gave us three singles, all released on CD and digitally, and six new b-sides. They have also released two double-CD b-sides collections: Alternative (1995) and Format (2012), with a total of 68 songs on them.

Can anyone confirm that the 7" is a slightly different version to the album one?
Namely:
"Additional singing at the end. Rather than just the instruments, horns etc.. there is an extra 'My love I'd do anything for you societies hell you need me just like I need you'"
Thanks in advance.
FWD.

Where did you hear it was May?
A Morrissey collecting site on Facebook has been the only place to mention May.
The person sharing the initial photo of the record wasn't sure it would even come out.
Take your pick :)
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah! I've got my copy!!! Personally, I don't really care if the record makes it to the charts. Morrissey, like many other successful artists don't need that. He knows he has lots of followers. In our days, charts are made for R&B or some danceable crap and nothing with real meaning but with a good marketing being.

I know what you mean and kind of share it, but... Does a B-side has to be recorded in a studio?!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom