"My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst" by Joshua Surtees - The Guardian

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

Then, finally, a breakthrough came. GQ, the well-respected, glossy men’s mag, said that if Morrissey agreed to a full interview, it would publish it. It seemed the perfect fit. Everything was in place. I got my US work visa, agreed to Morrissey’s amended timetable – not the first week of the tour as first promised, but the final date at the Hollywood Bowl.

And then? Morrissey refused to grant an interview.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talking about nowadays - and in particular the Irish diaspora of the 50s and 60s - the descendants have assimilated seamlessly.

That's not assimilation, that's the culture moving on to fight about something else.

We don't need to throw groups out, we just argue until we finally agree.

That's not assimilation, that's the culture moving on to fight about something else.

We don't need to throw groups out, we just argue until we finally agree.
I in 3 primary school kids in England are non-British and the figure is constantly rising. Assimilation can only occur when immigration is at a relatively low level. Current levels mean assimilation into British culture and values does not happen. Go and have a think about that, if you can.

"One demographer, who didn't want to be named for fear of being called racist, said: 'It's a matter of pure arithmetic that, if nothing else happens, non-Euro peans will become a majority and whites a minority in the UK. That would probably be the first time an indigenous population has voluntarily become a minority in its historic homeland.'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world

That article is mostly speculative & it's significant that it's from 2000 & makes no mention of Islamic immigration whatsoever. Which just proves how many of our demographic panics are based on news events rather than objective facts.

That article is mostly speculative & it's significant that it's from 2000 & makes no mention of Islamic immigration whatsoever. Which just proves how many of our demographic panics are based on news events rather than objective facts.
You're in denial. Covering yourself in a psychological comfort blanket. Your eyes are clenched shut for fear of what you might see.

Immigration into Britain goes up every year. Fact. British/English people are having less children. Fact. So unless a right-wing party comes into power and pull the draw-bridge up and gives financial incentives for young Brits to have kids...this is not going to reverse. It won't reverse with the Tories or the Lib Dems and obviously not with Labour who draw an increasing voter base from ethnic minorities.

Immigration into Britain goes up every year. Fact. British/English people are having less children. Fact. So unless a right-wing party comes into power and pull the draw-bridge up and gives financial incentives for young Brits to have kids...this is not going to reverse. It won't reverse with the Tories or the Lib Dems and obviously not with Labour who draw an increasing voter base from ethnic minorities.
True. But for liberals these facts are too hard to take. Subconsciously they're more scared than us.

It's all a conspiracy, it's not real... it can't be!

I in 3 primary school kids in England are non-British and the figure is constantly rising. Assimilation can only occur when immigration is at a relatively low level. Current levels mean assimilation into British culture and values does not happen. Go and have a think about that, if you can.

It is happening. They're not doing anything hugely different from anyone else. The Queen is safer with them than she is with Morrissey.

It is happening. They're not doing anything hugely different from anyone else. The Queen is safer with them than she is with Morrissey.
People are not depressed and angry at the changing demographics happening around them for no reason. It affects wages, job competition, hospital waiting lists etc - it affects the working class the most as migrants are poured into their areas and they have no representative voice in politics or the media. Migrants are pushed to the top of housing lists as they are favoured over white people with 'positive discrimination'.

And crime becomes high wherever people from undeveloped countries move to - so if they move to your area you and your family/kids etc. are not going to be as safe as they were previously. Mass immigration has no benefits for ordinary people at all - whereas the rich benefit financially (and can safely move to richer areas away from the diversity they champion so much).

Last edited:

Labour doesn't have an increasing ethnic minority voter base. Wish we did. We're reduced to Corbynistas at the moment.

You can almost smell the hatred, that's how putrid it is in this forum. Any topic, any thread and in come the jack-boots of Hofmann AKA Reelfountain and their numerous, anonymous non-identities spewing racist bile in attempts of pretend discussion.

I can't help but wonder how much they are being paid by: whitepride.uk.ok. Why else would they troll a site about an artist they know little about - save what they copy and paste from google when needed.

Dreary people. Clearly living, dreary, unfulfilled, unhappy lives. Pity them - if you can stomach it.

People are not depressed and angry at the changing demographics happening around them for no reason. It affects wages, job competition, hospital waiting lists etc - it affects the working class the most as migrants are poured into their areas and they have no representative voice in politics or the media. Migrants are pushed to the top of housing lists as they are favoured over white people with 'positive discrimination'.

And crime becomes high wherever people from undeveloped countries move to - so if they move to your area you and your family/kids etc. are not going to be as safe as they were previously. Mass immigration has no benefits for ordinary people at all - whereas the rich benefit financially (and can safely move to richer areas away from the diversity they champion so much).

Have a wank and release that tension.

Isn't it all a bit sad that a main news story on Moz Solo features a photo of him wearing a tshirt/sleeveless shirt with 'f***' written on it?

I know he did similar crap for 'f*** Morrissey-Solo' and 'f*** Harvest' but it struck me today as just a pathetic state he is now in. As a lifelong fan I'm finding it very hard to care about or respect anything he says or does.

The usual dicksiples who worship Moz will tell me to leave the site, but I'm getting fed up of being let down by someone who was such a hero. It's all just lowlife behaviour.

What a pile of dog whistling shite this is.
Tired lies told by serial liars. It's morons like this that have allowed a bafoon like Johnson to access power. Beyond stupid.

Isn't it all a bit sad that a main news story on Moz Solo features a photo of him wearing a tshirt/sleeveless shirt with 'f***' written on it?

I know he did similar crap for 'f*** Morrissey-Solo' and 'f*** Harvest' but it struck me today as just a pathetic state he is now in. As a lifelong fan I'm finding it very hard to care about or respect anything he says or does.

The usual dicksiples who worship Moz will tell me to leave the site, but I'm getting fed up of being let down by someone who was such a hero. It's all just lowlife behaviour.

I wish I could argue this but I'm very mych in agreement.

Labour doesn't have an increasing ethnic minority voter base. Wish we did. We're reduced to Corbynistas at the moment.

Labour on immigration.

"But asked today about the possible ending of EU freedom of movement laws, McDonnell said the UK needed immigration into the country.

'We're going to have an immigration policy which has as much freedom of movement as possible,' he told the BBC.

Stick ‘Israel’ on now, and if you have a heart you’ll recover your respect for him.

Labour on immigration.

"But asked today about the possible ending of EU freedom of movement laws, McDonnell said the UK needed immigration into the country.

'We're going to have an immigration policy which has as much freedom of movement as possible,' he told the BBC.

That's not a voter base, that's a quote about a policy. And it was made after we got into a row about a policy to restrict immigration.

Yes, it's paranoid. Terrorism - while disgusting - isn't going to take over Europe. Islamic State can't even hold its territory in the middle-east. It takes a hell of lot of money & power to rule anywhere.

No, the likes of ISIS won't rule Europe but European countries will become more Islamic with increased immigration. My town's already got an Islamic cultural centre in the works, which was once a former pub.

Labour on immigration.

The most freedom possible would obviously come through a complete dissolution of borders. A curious priority given the Brexit vote. So you could be forgiven for thinking that Labour is actually campaigning for a Boris Johnson victory.

If I’m still witnessing food banks and homelessness this time next year, I will never forgive Labour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom