My offer to remaster Smiths concert footage

OtherWisdom

A few years ago I was approached by a hardcore Smiths fan to remaster four Smiths shows. These have come to be known as Silas Remasters and are shared via torrent communities. They are as follows:

• The Smiths - 1983-02-04 - Hacienda - Manchester England
  • The Smiths - 1984-05-04 - Rockpalast - Hamburg Germany
  • The Smiths - 1986-10-23 - Kilburn National Ballroom - London England
  • The Smiths - 1986-12-12 - Brixton Academy - London England
I was provided the closest to original sources as possible by the aforementioned fan. So, technically, these aren't remasters unless I had access to the original sources. On the other hand, they are the best versions that we are aware of to be publicly available.

That being said, I'd very much like to remaster more Smiths concert footage.

Please, provide any sources (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) that you believe could be approved upon and I will do my best.

A few years ago I was approached by a hardcore Smiths fan to remaster four Smiths shows. These have come to be known as Silas Remasters and are shared via torrent communities. They are as follows:

• The Smiths - 1983-02-04 - Hacienda - Manchester England
  • The Smiths - 1984-05-04 - Rockpalast - Hamburg Germany
  • The Smiths - 1986-10-23 - Kilburn National Ballroom - London England
  • The Smiths - 1986-12-12 - Brixton Academy - London England
I was provided the closest to original sources as possible by the aforementioned fan. So, technically, these aren't remasters unless I had access to the original sources. On the other hand, they are the best versions that we are aware of to be publicly available.

That being said, I'd very much like to remaster more Smiths concert footage.

Please, provide any sources (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) that you believe could be approved upon and I will do my best.
Could you do anything with Blue Dreamers Eyes?...not a live song but existing version on youtube doesnt do the song justice.....would be great if it could be cleaned up...thanks for the effort so far.

Could you do anything with Blue Dreamers Eyes?...not a live song but existing version on youtube doesnt do the song justice.....would be great if it could be cleaned up...thanks for the effort so far.

Is this the YouTube version that you are referring to?

EDIT: There's another version here as well.

Last edited:
Is this the YouTube version that you are referring to?

EDIT: There's another version here as well.
Thanks for coming back...to my ears both are the same audio as only one was ever released to my knowledge by SER...a great track but just a high quality demo in my opinion....given the quality of the actual song would love to hear a final version from Morrissey but short of that I think a lot of people would like to hear a cleaner version if possible...thanks again for your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom