Neil Hannon on Morrissey

However, there are quite a few topics that still vex him, including Brexit and immigration (“It’s just every man for himself – we are us and everyone else can go to hell. It’s so lacking in overview; every tribe has been migrants at one stage”), “mental” Morrissey (he used to be one of the “funniest writers” but seems to “have turned in on himself as time went on”) and contemporary singer-songwriters (“a load of old moaners, with not a lot to say”).

https://inews.co.uk/culture/divine-comedy-office-politics-neil-hannon-interview-tour/

The thread title should read....

Neil Hannon on Morrissey‘s coattails

:lbf:

The thread title should read....

Neil Hannon on Morrissey‘s coattails

:lbf:
I have to agree. Neil says: "In recent years I’ve been trying to keep more of the oddball stuff, because I think it’s equally useful.” To me that sounds like contrivance to be popular. Morrissey never did that. If anything, M tries too hard to be unpopular.
Neil says he loves Abba, as if that is a badge of honour. To me it isn't.
I've seen Neil in concert a few times, and all have been entertaining, apart from one on his birthday when he got hammered on stage after three or four drinks. M, on the other hand, is someone I would love to go drinking with, as I have no doubt he would go the distance. After all, drinking should be a marathon, not a sprint.

The Vengeful Milkshake is M Solo's resident thought police officer.
Makes me wanna read 1984 all over again.
Actually I picked that book up again last night in a haze, and hope to start it again tomorrow night in a drunken haze while listening to some Cure vinyl (in advance of The Cure Dublin concert next weekend). Looking forward to that more than any other concert in years. Oops I'm on the wrong site to say that!

Last edited:
Neil Hannon (Sing Your Life)

Neil Hannon
Walk right up to a journoshit and say
All the things you love
All the things you loathe
You f***ing crashing bore
You
Crash
Ing
Bore

I wonder why this should be, eh?
My two best friends are white. We go out for ales together and love music and TV shows, and like going to record shops, and having the craic when we get together. We don't overthink it or feel the need to artificially contrive a different diverse dynamic, just to be seen to be inclusive. f*** that hermetically sealed false generation. Keep it real. Nature will flatten us all and fill our puffed out rib cages with grass.
p.s. before you start thinking I'm part of KKK, the smartest and nicest person I ever met is a black woman whose intelligence, personality, grace, and physical beauty would put 99.99% of the world to shame. And a laugh to die for.

Last edited:
In fairness he does a cracking version of There Is A Light, as heard on The Smiths tribute CD 'The Smiths Is Dead'. I like it anyway, and always liked Neil's voice, mostly.

I like that cover version too. That album has some decent attempts on it (Supergrass' Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others' stands out for me. It also has, courtesy of Bis, the worst cover version by anyone of anyone ever.

In which case, f*** you to hell and back. Try walking down the street proclaiming your views.
This implies that the correct views are those that you're not afraid to say publicly, which is pretty much what I'd suspect. I have worked with so many phony liberals who actually do sort people by economic status first, and then background, and though they may be tolerant of all sorts of people they feel that this is some wonderful character trait and not just the way things should be.
I think you're a phony. You aren't any more liberal than you can afford to be and your big campaign is not for downtrodden people that actually deserve equality but against a pop star that you hold some sort of grudge against.

However, there are quite a few topics that still vex him, including Brexit and immigration (“It’s just every man for himself – we are us and everyone else can go to hell. It’s so lacking in overview; every tribe has been migrants at one stage”), “mental” Morrissey (he used to be one of the “funniest writers” but seems to “have turned in on himself as time went on”) and contemporary singer-songwriters (“a load of old moaners, with not a lot to say”).

https://inews.co.uk/culture/divine-comedy-office-politics-neil-hannon-interview-tour/
Neil Hannon descendant of the Pasha of the White Nile you say.
How did one go about acquiring that title in British Colonial Egypt?
All very democratic I'm sure.
Tell us all about Brexit and multiculturalism from your humble background. Dad's a Lord Bishop.
Worth mentiong the family background.
Used to preaching in your funny "eccentric"way. Not contrived at all!
Tell Morrissey how it's done Keeping it real Neil. No wonder the Guardian loves you. A Liberal from the ruling classes.

Morrissey "seems to have turned in on himself while Neil Hannon is just up himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom