Neil Hannon on Morrissey

However, there are quite a few topics that still vex him, including Brexit and immigration (“It’s just every man for himself – we are us and everyone else can go to hell. It’s so lacking in overview; every tribe has been migrants at one stage”), “mental” Morrissey (he used to be one of the “funniest writers” but seems to “have turned in on himself as time went on”) and contemporary singer-songwriters (“a load of old moaners, with not a lot to say”).

https://inews.co.uk/culture/divine-comedy-office-politics-neil-hannon-interview-tour/

I know uncle. But you're persecuting one individual. Morrissey is more vague. He's being racist, he's discriminating against groups of people. You're discriminating against a particular individual. You're causing more harm to Morrissey than he's causing to people he's never met before.
This is literally insane.

It's a pattern of behaviour rather than an isolated incident, though, isn't it?
Your post above is an isolated incident of you being nice, and your later posts below about 'f*** you to hell and back" are a pattern of behaviour :horny:

Last edited:
I still love you. I can be a decent person and still have demons. I mix with all sorts. It's like when I mentioned the 'n' word the other day. It was taken out of context. It's unappetising but if you met me you'd know i don't give a fig about where people come from. I notice these things. It's hard to explain. I loved Mark who was a black lad living in my flats and he loved Morrissey too. I feel an affinity with black people. But then perhaps that's racist for me lumping them in the same boat as me!

Some of your best friends are black? Where have I heard that before? Golly (no pun intended!), you get on with 'em so very famously that you gaily hurl epithets about them on the screen....just like that. You'll be telling all of us that you were being all ironic and edgy. Of course you were. In a dimension where it's totally acceptable....like 4Chan or the Stormfront chatroom, perhaps?

"Growing up in North London in the 70s..." says a lot about your viewpoint. Basically it's wildly out of date.

Immigration and mass engineered immigration are two very different things with different outcomes. The immigrants of the old days are not the problem because all of them more or less assimilated, adopting the general ways and mores of the host population.

But immigration post '97 (when New Labour opened the floodgates wide) has created a society of alienation because with too much immigration the culture of the host population is rejected (and even held in contempt) and newcomers live as if they are still in uncivilised third world countries with all the old-fashioned attitudes and thinking that goes with it.

So this is what the bogeyman did tonight. He apologised for saying the 'n' word. He fell over a few times. He shared a vape with the big issue seller. He did the splits. What did you do?

Some of your best friends are black? Where have I heard that before? Golly (no pun intended!), you get on with 'em so very famously that you gaily hurl epithets about them on the screen....just like that. You'll be telling all of us that you were being all ironic and edgy. Of course you were. In a dimension where it's totally acceptable....like 4Chan or the Stormfront chatroom, perhaps?
None of my best friends are black. I get on with black people but I don't have a best friend of any colour. I grew up with two lads from Mauritius called Roy and Ramesh Caussey. I went to Alton Towers with Roy for a day trip. He wasn't my best friend. I'm surrounded by predominantly white people. So no. My best friend isn't black.

So this is what the bogeyman did tonight. He apologised for saying the 'n' word. He fell over a few times. He shared a vape with the big issue seller. He did the splits. What did you do?

I got on with my life. Well, bully for you. You gave an apology. What a copper-bottomed citizen and role model you are. Care to pass on some of your remorse through gritted teeth to the usuals in residence here? I'll mention no names. To just do so would result in them needing WD-40 and lithium grease to squeeze their heads through the doorframe before they settle down to sleep.

None of my best friends are black. I get on with black people but I don't have a best friend of any colour. I grew up with two lads from Mauritius called Roy and Ramesh Caussey. I went to Alton Towers with Roy for a day trip. He wasn't my best friend. I'm surrounded by predominantly white people. So no. My best friend isn't black.
The Vengeful Milkshake is M Solo's resident thought police officer.

Unlike Morrissey, the epitome of strength and machismo. A tax-evading queen too afraid to give an interview to another human being in person!

Morrisssy has been putting his beliefs out there for decades in the face of scrutiny, successfully pissed off both right and left wing while making people think and speaks up for the agenda against his country in spite of the leftist music rags dragging his name through the mud. All while giving us classic music that will stand the test of time. What have you done that's so brave?

You've never known free thinking in your entire existence. You are a toerag of the establishment, eating from the plate of endorsed opinion that they dish out to you.

Be a rebel. Say no. Try it some time.
Do you realize how embarrassing your routine is? You sound like a sullen teenager.

Do you realize how embarrassing your routine is? You sound like a sullen teenager.
What do you expect, I'm a Morrissey fan.

Sulking and acting like a teenager is what I do.

As well as listening to The Smiths and reading poetry alone in my bedroom.

Last edited:
It's quite simple. I don't have friends. Hope makes me a spaghetti bolognese from time to time. She's black. Does that count?

Only if she has patience and tells you to shut the f*** up when you've bored her shitless with your "Woe is me....I'm Mr. Lonely" schtick once too often. If she does any to all of these things, then she's a national treasure worthy of a statue.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom