Nergal of Behemoth on being a Morrissey fan, avoiding politics

With Pinhead and the Cenobites hanging around in the background bored and chattering their teeth.

latest
Ain't that the truth. :fire:

:rage:

WTF!!! a psycho babble U turn??? now art is subjective and you have to know the bio.
but only of some artists. other artists dont have subjectivity in their art???
WTF??? that other dude yes but moz no, moz is a machine with no subjectivity:dizzy:

YOKO ONO is art?:smirkcat:

punk rock and political rock are flawed because they take pure sacred ideas and.. LOL
use them to push OTHER ideas that are lower ideas.:anguished:
ideas are like push wagons.:pensive:

:crazy: for sure.
The leashes vary in length on this site, but it looks like Untruth is on a very short leash these days.
They tell him to jump and he does not say how high but rather, "'Mind My Art' is my new therapy!"
o_O Poor guy. Poor Art too. :dog: Lost...the both of them. :cry:

Where are the “Christian” Morrissey fans, denouncing this heathen for his rampant secularism and loathing of the church? He’s a well known atheist. Completely anti-religion.

Morrissey is a devout Christian now. He’s accepted his maker and his saviour, as the rest of you should. After years of wallowing in the muck - flirting with abomination - he now lives and leads by the word of God.

You may be able to separate personal politics from art but the same cannot be said for his views on the true Word. If you think you’re gonna make it into Heaven by listening to the “music” of a blasphemous ingrate or agreeing with his woeful, pagan views, you’ve got another thing coming.

I can’t understand how the followers of a good Christian soul, like Morrissey would give credence to someone who’s clearly going to burn.

Adam Darski is a child of the devil. The pure manifestation of all that is evil in this world. He’s going to Hell. Will you be joining him?

Good Christians MUST take a stand!

Praise be to God!!!!!

:crazy:

you get upset at the skinny evil trolls IN A MOZ forum because moz helped yourself 'FORM' yourself when you were 15 years old????????????:crazy: WTF?????
while someone who was NOT FORMED (-:crazy:-) by Moz at 15 but decided to troll the peeps in the MOZ forum
and obsessing about what he does or doesnt do is WELL ADJUSTED??????o_O

and then the psycho babble takes up artdoh:

behemoth the satanist hollering is art and the highest form of human communication.
speaking normally is low form of communication. 'can I have a glass of water'=low communication.
45 minutes of behemoth caterwauling=highest human communication.:swear

i think this psycho babble has been 'conjured' some insanity WTF?:grin:
Only the good Lord, through Jesus, can lead you to your divine, earthly purpose.

Have you accepted Jesus Christ into your heart? Have you asked him to help you on your journey toward the promised land?

Basically it's easier to be a total pussy and dangerous to speak your mind.

Some work is chaotic and free of form. There may be some concept behind it but I'm not sure we can say it is the expression of an idea. Consider Yoko Ono's "Play It By Trust," a chess board and the pieces are all white. This is a clear idea, "all white chess set," which can have interpretations and meanings attached to it by the viewers.
But the work is "perfect" in that it represents an idea that preexisted the physical form.
As we learn more about Yoko and what was happening at the time she made the piece, and possibly discover notes, photos, contracts and so forth having to do with the creation of the piece, our understanding of it may change, but the piece will not change.
It will always have the most immediate and pure meaning even if other layers of meaning, or even completely different interpretations are added to the collection of writings and conversations surrounding the piece.
It existed before either of us was aware of it and will probably exist after we're gone. A work of art doesn't need to be viewed in order to exist. All that happens when more people see it is that the idea or "energy" contained in the piece has a greater effect.
Even more importantly, some would say that the idea behind the piece also has an existence, and existed before the thought came to Yoko Ono to create the piece.
All of this applies to all of the works of art that might come to mind from Michelangelo's David to Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe.
Lots of songwriters say that their best works happened immediately and that they just heard it and don't feel like they actually wrote it. The trick is just to be ready when an idea arrives whether you're a painter or a musician. You have to have the skill to bring the idea into a form that others can experience it.

Anyway, the point is that the artist is a conduit for the work but the artist is always going to be imperfect. The work can come close to being perfect. No matter how well executed most artists will see and hear flaws in their work that the audience doesn't. The idea behind the work is, or can be, perfect. This applies even if that idea is never expressed. Some artists are so inundated with ideas they could never do them all, but the ideas still exist, in my opinion.
Some people believe the universe just happened by random chance and others believe that a creator somehow attained consciousness and self awareness and that all that followed is the manifestation of "an idea," like "let there be light." The story is flawed as it is told by human beings but the laws of the universe, the "laws of physics" exist whether or not we are aware of them Artists are like priests who can communicate the ideas contained in their art so that we can all experience it. But the artist, or the priest, are always human beings, imperfect and subject to change. That doesn't affect the ideas expressed in their works.
I do think biographical information is interesting when studying an artist. If you study Francis Bacon's paintings without knowing that he was a masochist or his sexual history you won't have the same experience. His work is really personal. But his work does conjure up feelings on an immediate level. You won't see it differently by knowing his history. You will just go from an immediate intuitive understanding to a different sort of experience where facts and logic are now part of your experience. I sometimes think the intuitive understanding is much richer and deeper.

I don't really need to know anything about Morrissey to appreciate his art and I think it's completely valid if not actually preferable to just listen to the music and tune out the noise of the interviews and interpretations. I do not care what he thinks of most of the political issues. I think he's very typical of someone his age and background and offers no great insight, to say the least. But none of that affects the work or the ideas expressed in the work. When he does use the work to express these ideas, as opposed to "pure" and "perfect" ideas, I think the work and the listener both suffer. Most "political" rock or punk music is flawed because it's taking something that should be sacred almost and using it to push an idea that comes from a much lower place. You wind up with a Bono playing nanny to the audience and who needs that.

I agree more or less with what you said above. I’ll comment on some of it.

Consider Yoko Ono's "Play It By Trust," a chess board and the pieces are all white.

Thanks for describing that for me, now that I’m aware of it (even if only just a mental picture I created ) it now exists for me, when before, it did not exist for me.

It existed before either of us was aware of it and will probably exist after we're gone.

After we’re long gone it won’t exist for us anymore, since we won’t have the sense perceptions physical or mental faculties to bring it into existence for us.

A work of art doesn't need to be viewed in order to exist.

Agree. Awareness of it through memory of our experience of it or someone telling us about it
is enough for it’s ‘existence’, or at least, a form of existence.

All that happens when more people see it is that the idea or "energy" contained in the piece has a greater effect.’

Yes, this is interesting. The ‘energy’ gathers more effect and importance the more it is observed/perceived/brought into existence by those observing/experiencing it.
It’s as though the work of art and it’s existence is dependent on the person or persons experiencing it! And therefore, at least to the individual,
the work of art can be subject to change, for the work of art and the experience of the work of art, can be said to be one and the same.

Even more importantly, some would say that the idea behind the piece also has an existence, and existed before the thought came to Yoko Ono to create the piece.’

Yes, pulled from the Universal Mind/Consciousness, but only then brought into existence for us through perception our mental and physical faculties.

All of this applies to all of the works of art that might come to mind from Michelangelo's David to Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe.
Lots of songwriters say that their best works happened immediately and that they just heard it and don't feel like they actually wrote it. The trick is just to be ready when an idea arrives whether you're a painter or a musician. You have to have the skill to bring the idea into a form that others can experience it.’

Agree.

Some people believe the universe just happened by random chance and others believe that a creator somehow attained consciousness and self awareness and that all that followed is the manifestation of "an idea,...’

Yes and some will say, that the creator didn’t attain consciousness for the creator is Consciousness.

Matter before Mind? Can something come from nothing?

Most "political" rock or punk music is flawed because it's taking something that should be sacred almost and using it to push an idea that comes from a much lower place.’

Agree.

I agree more or less with what you said above. I’ll comment on some of it....

You need a tarot reading from me

Consider Yoko Ono's "Play It By Trust," a chess board and the pieces are all white.

Thanks for describing that for me, now that I’m aware of it (even if only just a mental picture I created ) it now exists for me, when before, it did not exist for me.

It existed before either of us was aware of it and will probably exist after we're gone.

After we’re long gone it won’t exist for us anymore, since we won’t have the sense perceptions physical or mental faculties to bring it into existence for us.

Agree. Awareness of it through memory of our experience of it or someone telling us about it

All that happens when more people see it is that the idea or "energy" contained in the piece has a greater effect.’

Yes, this is interesting. The ‘energy’ gathers more effect and importance the more it is observed/perceived/brought into existence by those observing/experiencing it.
It’s as though the work of art and it’s existence is dependent on the person or persons experiencing it! And therefore, at least to the individual,
the work of art can be subject to change, for the work of art and the experience of the work of art, can be said to be one and the same.

Even more importantly, some would say that the idea behind the piece also has an existence, and existed before the thought came to Yoko Ono to create the piece.’

Yes, pulled from the Universal Mind/Consciousness, but only then brought into existence for us through perception our mental and physical faculties.

Lots of songwriters say that their best works happened immediately and that they just heard it and don't feel like they actually wrote it. The trick is just to be ready when an idea arrives whether you're a painter or a musician. You have to have the skill to bring the idea into a form that others can experience it.’

Agree.

Some people believe the universe just happened by random chance and others believe that a creator somehow attained consciousness and self awareness and that all that followed is the manifestation of "an idea,...’

Yes and some will say, that the creator didn’t attain consciousness for the creator is Consciousness.

Most "political" rock or punk music is flawed because it's taking something that should be sacred almost and using it to push an idea that comes from a much lower place.’

Agree.

Where are the “Christian” Morrissey fans, denouncing this heathen for his rampant secularism and loathing of the church? He’s a well known atheist. Completely anti-religion.

Morrissey is a devout Christian now. He’s accepted his maker and his saviour, as the rest of you should. After years of wallowing in the muck - flirting with abomination - he now lives and leads by the word of God.

You may be able to separate personal politics from art but the same cannot be said for his views on the true Word. If you think you’re gonna make it into Heaven by listening to the “music” of a blasphemous ingrate or agreeing with his woeful, pagan views, you’ve got another thing coming.

I can’t understand how the followers of a good Christian soul, like Morrissey would give credence to someone who’s clearly going to burn.

Adam Darski is a child of the devil. The pure manifestation of all that is evil in this world. He’s going to Hell. Will you be joining him?

Good Christians MUST take a stand!

Praise be to God!!!!!
Tom Tom Club, is this you?

I was here yesterday posting in the "Songs Morrissey Should Cover" thread. I've been wondering how you have been doing? I was hoping to get your attention with those posts without drawing too much attention. Rather, you got my attention! How have you been? I have been concerned. I have a couple of older posts for you in the "Elvis Slates Morrissey" thread. Actually, the second post is a correction regarding a pastor I mentioned in the post before it. The pastor's name in the former post was incorrect. Both pastors are recommended in either case.

Anyway, what is going on? I did not realize the nature of this thread. I saw the name of the thread in passing but did not think much of it. Now that I am here seeing your response, it got my attention! There is a lot going on here on Morrissey-Solo. I can't say it's all good. Not at all. This is one of many concerns of mine. In fact, your response in this thread reveals the very problem of the world "growing gloriously dark" that I bring up in the "Elvis Slates Morrissey" thread. You have to read the post in order to understand the context of that comment/statement. Yes, it sounds like an oxymoron but it merely reminds us that we, as believers, are truly living on borrowed time. But to see 'darkness' displayed in this fashion here is disheartening. I did not see the video myself but judging from the responses/comments in this thread, they are not favorable. A Satanist? I did not notice that, would you believe. I did not read the title of the video itself. Crazy. I just saw the words 'Behemoth." I figured -- Ah, another death metal guy (from the photo) and that was the extent of my interest. It did not interest me in the least. I do not see why this is here well knowing there is not any redeeming value in anything Satanic. People beg to differ but typical defiance toward God (i.e., those things in complete opposition to God) is expected. I thank the Lord for your standing up. Water off a duck. Smile. It takes courage to do so. Especially in an age of complete compromise. That is, compromise among believers. The lukewarm church. Neither hot nor cold (which leads me to my discussion in the "Elvis Slates Morrissey" thread regarding your and/or my future on this site).

Yes, the Word is sharper than any two-edged sword, Tom Tom Club. Smile. These things won't hold water in light of eternity. But for the time being, the individual behind such 'things' is hard-pressed. There is always opportunity for such individuals to turn their life around (i.e., confess/repent of their sins and turn from their sin to the Lord) while there is still time, but ultimately the decision is theirs and theirs alone. It is a sad scenario but people either choose to accept Christ or choose to reject Christ. There is no middle ground. (Of course, the Lord is still in control and only He knows the heart of the individual -- i.e., regarding salvation, et. al.). In fact, it is ironic but this is the point of the Bob Dylan song (by Willie Nelson) I just posted in the "Songs Morrissey Should Cover" thread. The song, "Gotta Serve Somebody." No one can walk the fence. We can for a while but somewhere along the line we will have to make a choice. A hard choice. Many are called but few are chosen. We can't serve two masters. The insults we bear is nothing. That is, nothing that Christ already accomplished for us at the Cross. Water off a duck, Tom Tom Club. You encouraged me. Hang in there. I will write you further in the "Elvis Slates Morrissey" thread. I don't think you have read the more recent post there yet but I will leave it at that and await your response. We will continue there, yes? At least for now. Hey, you take care of yourself now, Tom Tom Club. God bless you. Until then, we will meet in the "Elvis-Morrissey" thread, Godwilling. -- Me

:rolleyes:

'some would say this'o_O

Untruth and peeps at the funny farm.:straightface:

WTF?

ridiculous Yoko nonsense only exists in Yoko noggin.:straightface:

WTF? the idea behind the dumb piece also has an existence?? and before the
'idea' existed doh:
there was a previous thought out there in outer space?:ahhh: there is a Yoko chess idea floating
in the ozone AND a Yoko chess pre idea ideadoh:
further away in the galazy floating around?????:expressionless:

I agree more or less with what you said above. I’ll comment on some of it.

Agree.

Agree.
A couple of books of interest you may enjoy: "One World" and "Avatar of Night" by Tal Brooke.

Most of these black metal guys( I actually enjoy some black metal) are socialist goofballs despite acting all dark and evil they cry about Trump. Varg is pretty based though

Seriously though, if you are at all inclined wars death/black metal, Behemoth is a gold standard sort of band. They're great.

The Labour Party right now is making Morrissey Solo AND Morrissey look completely sane & reasonable, so I don't think anyone needs to worry about being a Morrissey fan anymore.

Hmmm ... the institutionally, anti-Semitic, political party and a racist has-been singer? It has all the makings of a prime time comedy. Episode One: Morrissey torn between his inherent Islamaphobia and condescension of the Northern English working class. He couldn't vote labour because Tommy Robinson tokd him not to
What a dilemma.

Tags
behemoth media morrissey nergal politics

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom