Never forget, Johnny was horrible about Morrissey first...

butley

...in an NME interview he really took the piss around the time of Kill Uncle. He called him Alf Wank in reference to Our Frank, a song Johnny has never bettered in his own career.

I'm not sure if Marr was "horrible" first, because Morrissey was saying disparaging comments about Electronic at the same time. Plus why should it matter anyway?

...in an NME interview he really took the piss around the time of Kill Uncle. He called him Alf Wank in reference to Our Frank, a song Johnny has never bettered in his own career.

Errrr, what kind of justification are you trying to wring out here?

Johnny changes with the wind where Morrissey's concerned. He should be more supportive of someone he knows has mental health issues, first hand.

Johnny changes with the wind where Morrissey's concerned. He should be more supportive of someone he knows has mental health issues, first hand.
To be fair though, Johnny will have taken a gutfull from Morrissey by the time they split and was lucky not to have his own mental health issues by the end of it. I think a brief period of backbiting just makes him human. And Alf Wank is pretty funny (even though I love Our Frank).

There are some people I know who just go way beyond the limit, time and time again. But I forgive them because I know them. There are others who put one foot wrong and it's curtains.

To be fair though, Johnny will have taken a gutfull from Morrissey by the time they split and was lucky not to have his own mental health issues by the end of it. I think a brief period of backbiting just makes him human. And Alf Wank is pretty funny (even though I love Our Frank).
He was the one who knocked on Morrissey's door. They should have had better management. I love Our Frank too.

He was the one who knocked on Morrissey's door. They should have had better management. I love Our Frank too.
To be fair (again), he cannot have possibly known what he was letting himself in for :lbf: And I think Herculean efforts were made to put management in place but Morrissey kept sacking them (or getting Johnny to sack them).

To be fair (again), he cannot have possibly known what he was letting himself in for :lbf: And I think Herculean efforts were made to put management in place but Morrissey kept sacking them (or getting Johnny to sack them).
They should have had a nice holiday together, and got away from everything.

Seriously? You're going to bring up a 30-year old interview with a 23-year old guy who just left an emotionally abusive relationship?

They should have had a nice holiday together, and got away from everything.
Oh, firstodie, it's a lovely idea, but I think it was too far gone to be saved by a nice beach and a jug of sangria. I'm sure I've read somewhere that at the crunch point, Morrissey even suggested they all go away together and Johnny was horrified, because what he really wanted was to get away from everybody.

JOHNBOY MARR YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING SMITHS SONGS,HOW DO YOU PLEAD.
guilty your honour,in my defence it seemed a good idea at the time but on reflection the sentence which is coming my way is totally deserved.

Alf Wank :rofl:
It's certainly not outdated has it ? Maybe we should change the name of the online hateful crèche now to Alf-Wank-Solo.
Well done Johnny from now on it shall be Alf and Diesel :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Back
Top Bottom