NHS V2
(1984-1985)

NHS_2.jpg

NHS_V2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Could somebody please reload NPS Vol.3?

I'm gonna say this one more time.

THE ENTIRE SET IS BEING RE-UPLOADED.

It takes f***ing time to re-tag, upload, etc. I don't sit on the computer all day.

I'll get to it soon. About 529,000 people should have this set by now; if they're too c***ish to help then that's not my problem.

Be patient.

Hey man, so to confirm, there reuploads have the same content as all the ones you previously put up that I downloaded, except with updated artwork, yeah?

Instead of adding those most recent additions you made, I'll just wait for you get to 16 - 18 and re download and overwrite those ones.

Would you like me to help reupload any? I have them all, except not the new artwork you are making, obviously.

Hey man, so to confirm, there reuploads have the same content as all the ones you previously put up that I downloaded, except with updated artwork, yeah?

Instead of adding those most recent additions you made, I'll just wait for you get to 16 - 18 and re download and overwrite those ones.

Would you like me to help reupload any? I have them all, except not the new artwork you are making, obviously.

The main point of these re-ups is to refresh the links but also to kind of spruce up the anthology.

If memory serves, only the two or three volumes have seen updates since the last time there was a re-up of the whole set (which was done by Moz Recording, I believe.) So yes, essentially all these re-ups are the same content as before; with the exception of the aforementioned artwork (up til now there were was no dedicated hard-coded album art.)

Having said that; I am tweaking the sequencing a little here and there...trying to tighten up the chronological aspect; group live stuff together, studio outtake stuff together, demos together, etc (within each volume).

I am also retagging the title set simply "The Never Heard Symphonies" and losing the "2014 edition" thing. After each set has been retagged I am amending the folder titles "Vol 1" or Vol 2" etc but this is not hard-tagged into the metadata because there is already the volume/disc number designation in the track number tag.

As for the artwork, I am not going crazy about it; I'm just cobbling together somewhat passable stuff using chronologically-relevant photos.

Having said all THAT, yes, if you would like to help and you can follow the editing guidelines I just described, that would be awesome. If not, no problem...but obviously if I am doing this myself it will take longer. Also if you do wanna do some of the volumes, please let me know which ones so we don't accidentally work on the same sets.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

NHS V5
(1988)

NHS5.jpg

NHS_5.png

Skylarker the recent links are down.

This is ridiculous.

Well, the hell with it. I'm not gonna spend my time and energy on this if f***** ass Sendspace is going to immediately kill the links.

f*** it. I quit.

Yeah, do what Elio said.

Re: Never-Heard Symphonies (2012 Edition)

OK, just got around to downloading the recent updates (apart from 2 that I PMed you about).

Skylarker, did you end up updating to this version of Rose Garden? -

Skylarker, you may prefer this recording of Rose Garden for your NHS comp.
I am not sure, but I think it sounds a little cleaner and it also includes Morrissey's introduction 'Good evening, I am white trash'.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pe24ub

Last edited:

I have thought this over.

Uploading and reuploading a set this big takes a lot of time. Obviously Sendspace is now scrutinizing content and deleting anything they could get sued over. And honestly I do not think other file hosting sites are that different or if they are, it's unlikely they will stay that way.

So if you want the set, PM me. I am willing to send a DVD-R of the material in the set that is not and never has been commercially available. This means I will take out b-sides, album re-issue bonus tracks, etc.

But I will include the demos, sessions, fan edits, live bootleg material, unreleased studio outtakes, unmastered versions, and other tracks that are not able to be purchased anywhere.

I will do this for the cost of shipping/blank disc ($2.00 US, $3.50 elsewhere).

That is the best I can do. I will no longer be uploading the material and then posting public links.
If you want the other tracks bad enough, you can track them down on EBay/Amazon. And honestly if you spent the time you could probably download everything else from YouTube/Smithstorrents/Soulseek.

Your efforts have always been appreciated.
I had my suspicions that the troll-loons were reporting stuff posted in the bootleg section, but having looked on sendspace - it looks like you have to make a bit of effort to highlight things to them.
So, I think you are correct re: them scrutinising things more (although how they know what is legitimate or not is beyond me).
It would be interesting to see if an encrypted / password zip file would still be viewable by them - as besides increasing my paranoia, I'd like to know how they are 'back dooring' that type of file!
I wish there was communal / generic cloud storage where the collection could exist for time immemorial....
I can imagine what a chore it has become, but I'm grateful for such a well drawn together collection existing and again: thank you & all the contributors.
Kind regards,
FWD

Your efforts have always been appreciated.
I had my suspicions that the troll-loons were reporting stuff posted in the bootleg section, but having looked on sendspace - it looks like you have to make a bit of effort to highlight things to them.
So, I think you are correct re: them scrutinising things more (although how they know what is legitimate or not is beyond me).
It would be interesting to see if an encrypted / password zip file would still be viewable by them - as besides increasing my paranoia, I'd like to know how they are 'back dooring' that type of file!
I wish there was communal / generic cloud storage where the collection could exist for time immemorial....
I can imagine what a chore it has become, but I'm grateful for such a well drawn together collection existing and again: thank you & all the contributors.
Kind regards,
FWD

I guess another option is to make it into a torrent...

I guess another option is to make it into a torrent...

Or alternatively (since I downloaded them all last time you re uploaded them all, including all the Smiths stuff and the Nothing Ever Dies compilation and everything), I can upload it all to my own FTP server and whoever wants the stuff can PM me and Skylarker for the link/s.

Skylarker, I'm up to date with everything except putting the most recent stuff in order over the course of the last 2 or 3 pages, including those two I pmed you about. Once I get that sorted I'll have everything, except for your recent rearranged track listings and artwork.

Back
Top Bottom