New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the "High-School" vs "High School" debate, Jesse Tobias goes with "High School".

Attachments

• HS.JPG
    HS.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Great and long expected news!!!

Wonderfull and exiting news

Didn't know what to think of all the record deal rumours, but we get a new studio album

Like the sleeve, great picture, but you never know if Morrissey decides
at last another.

I'm 52 but now I feel like a 18 year young lad who can gets his drivers licence

[don't mention love]

It's On!

Damn, the kids these days are quick ~

20986850_386236198458493_5180288934789251072_n.jpg

~ via theironbridge on instant gran.

Not too shabby.

{Better than anything DirtyLittleSam will come up with. Now, if we all pray hard enough people, we can make it so that SER gets nowhere near the cover art for this LP...please, please, please...} :pray:

The typeface would once have been unacceptable in the Morrissey canon, but these days it would fit right in...

Wonderfull and exiting news

Didn't know what to think of all the record deal rumours, but we get a new studio album

Like the sleeve, great picture, but you never know if Morrissey decides
at last another.

I'm 52 but now I feel like a 18 year young lad who can gets his drivers licence

[don't mention love]

It's On!

But celibate, I don't want to dissapoint you, but there is no sleeve yet.
I like the design posted above as much as you do and the chance of feeling disappointed is present now cause we don't know yet how it will look on the official release.
Cheers mate.

But celibate, I don't want to dissapoint you, but there is no sleeve yet.
I like the design posted above as much as you do and the chance of feeling disappointed is present now cause we don't know yet how it will look on the official release.
Cheers mate.

Thanks for correcting me sir Quando, I thought that pic was the sleeve, I ask myself, 'how, what and why' about that picture, but creative members on this site or around maybe.

We get a good other half of this year, enjoy the evening and thanks.

I'm very happy and trully speachless.
I am in live with this title and it's quite funny.

Does anyone know if there's gonna have some single to be planned?

Let`s hope it comes in at a trim 9 or 10 tracks. WPINOYB was let down by too much sub standard filler.
No way! I loved those songs and the bonus cd with the 7 or so other songs were great too. Just my opinion of course. One of the other advantages of a new Moz album coming out is (apart from the new songs) the excuse to immerse myself in the vast collection of great Moz albums. I don't think any of us can complain at the quality output from Moz. He's had his ups and downs but on the whole he is still excellent.

Probably because of his poor education...

the hyphen is flat-out incorrect. As you stated, "high school" takes a hyphen only when it modifies another noun.

When Moz says High-School, it is High-School. Period.
HighHyphenSchool. :)

Very happy, particularly looking forward to what Mando has contributed playing on his first Moz record, exciting times

Hey David T..... how about changing the Morrissey-Solo banner to Morrissey- So Low In High-School for the week of the album release? I'd love to see Moz's reaction to that! Not sure if you would be sued? Probably not! Just a thought.

Hey David T..... how about changing the Morrissey-Solo banner to Morrissey- So Low In High-School for the week of the album release? I'd love to see Moz's reaction to that! Not sure if you would be sued? Probably not! Just a thought.

Or get rid of the hyphen between Morrissey and Solo? :eek:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom