New biography: "The Smiths - Songs about your life" by Maciej Koprowicz (Apr. 20, 2018, Poland)

A new biography about The Smiths, "The Smiths. Piosenki o twoim życiu" (eng. "The Smiths. Songs about your life"), will be published on the 20 April 2018 in Poland. It was written by Maciej Koprowicz, a journalist of Antyradio.pl, an alternative music radio station and website.

42810_TheSmiths-piosenki-o-twoim-zyciu-3-02.jpg

Here's some information I found about the book:
“The Smiths. Piosenki o twoim życiu“ is the first polish book about The Smiths, which discusses their history, recordings and their huge impact on pop culture. It was written based on hundreds of press and online interviews and articles, as well as other publications. The title also includes information found in Morrissey’s and Marr's autobiographies, making it one of the most up-to-date books about The Smiths. The biography includes photos of the band and reproductions of album and single covers, as well as a complete discography. The last chapter entitled “The Smiths a sprawa polska" (eng. The Smiths connection to Poland), shows the influence of the group on polish listeners and artists.

I'll probably make a purchase and if there will be something new or worth mentioning, which I honestly doubt, I'll make sure to write about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bits of the Biography:

Regards,
FWD.

í am bored of f***ing flowers...

Anyone else bored of seeing yet another reappearance of those early royalty-free photo-shoots?

Speaking of which, I was reading Dale Hibbert's book and he mentioned an early photoshoot with him and Moz and Marr. He saw contact sheets but he maintains that those images were suppressed in order to give the impression that the 4 Smiths sprang to life fully-formed. Has anyone here ever seen those images??

Speaking of which, I was reading Dale Hibbert's book and he mentioned an early photoshoot with him and Moz and Marr. He saw contact sheets but he maintains that those images were suppressed in order to give the impression that the 4 Smiths sprang to life fully-formed. Has anyone here ever seen those images??
Never seen anything like that.
He was meant to be present with Marr & Moz and included in an early '83 interview with I.D. Magazine, but no pictures there either.
IIRC there are zero mentions of him in Autobiography and one passage from Johnny in Set The Boy Free basically saying he was a better sound engineer than bassist as he just didn't sound right.
Some pictures from that era would be great.
Regards,
FWD.

Never seen anything like that.
He was meant to be present with Marr & Moz and included in an early '83 interview with I.D. Magazine, but no pictures there either.
IIRC there are zero mentions of him in Autobiography and one passage from Johnny in Set The Boy Free basically saying he was a better sound engineer than bassist as he just didn't sound right.
Some pictures from that era would be great.
Regards,
FWD.

As I recall, they didn't like how Dale came across in that interview. Dale's obviously an intelligent and perceptive guy, his book contains interesting character insights on Moz and Marr. He thinks he was replaced by Andy, not only for the bass-playing but because Andy had a more malleable personality.

I wish his fans weren't such deadbeat shut-ins. These endless fawning works of fag-hagiography are beyond tiresome.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom