New Hot Press Morrissey Issue

sweetness522

My one true love
Just got this email:

Hi there;

We're sending you this mail because you bought our last Morrissey Issue. We're delighted to tell you that we've got another very special Morrissey cover coming up, with a really interesting and thoughtful interview with the man himself.

So, we thought we'd tell you about it before it comes out and give you first chance to order it from us! We'll be sending these issues on Thursday 26th March! To place your order, please click here:

http://www.hotpress.com/2841310.html

I got no email from them :( but thanks for the news. :)

hi there!

I was actually about to post here about this (seeing as I did the last time and especially as people here were so nice about both the issue itself and the interview!). However, you guys are obviously very quick off the mark!

As it happens this is also an issue that will see Hot Press being carried in a broader range of UK outlets too. If it was all right with people here I'd put up a list of those independent outlets when it comes through on Monday.

Thanks a million for your interest in the interest and for bringing this to the attention of other forumites!

One other thing that I would LOVE to say as well, and do forgive me if it sounds like a sales pitch
We also have a CD featuring a world exclusive recording of a secret gig for Hot Press readers by Bell X1 - Ireland's hottest act who's latest album Blue Lights On The Runway has been garnering rave reviews here (in Ireland) and world wide!

Hot Press:
"All told, this is a polished, accomplished piece of work from one of Ireland’s most innovative and experimental rock acts – still. Bravo, Bellies!" 4/5

Sunday Times
"At the album’s core sit two key songs, Amelia and A Better Band, which spread themselves out and achieve an almost hypnotic complexity, yet never once let studio layering and finessing obscure what makes Bell X1 so cherishable: poetry in musical motion." 4/5

Q Magazine
"It once again showcases just how satisfying a Talking Heads obsession coupled with an ability to craft uncommonly graceful ballads can be" 4/5

Bell X1 are a genuinely great band and this album maybe the one that sees them go global - if you do buy the issue in question, the CD with it might be a very nice added bonus!

Last edited:
Issue 33.06 - Morrissey
In the forthcoming issue of Hot Press, Peter Murphy meets Morrissey, who talks frankly about turning 50, the new album, the death of producer Jerry Finn, and how he approaches songwriting.

Just got this email:

Hi there;

We're sending you this mail because you bought our last Morrissey Issue. We're delighted to tell you that we've got another very special Morrissey cover coming up, with a really interesting and thoughtful interview with the man himself.

So, we thought we'd tell you about it before it comes out and give you first chance to order it from us! We'll be sending these issues on Thursday 26th March! To place your order, please click here:

http://www.hotpress.com/2841310.html

Where is that wonderful photo you have of morrissey on your avatar from?

This would be better news if Hot Press was a better magazine.... a rag!

just got this mail myself,
im gonna order one in case its as good as they claim.
;)

Theyve been good to him over the years. I'll be buying it.

Great interview!

Haven't access to a scanner, but will post an extract or two later.

For the people who like pictures (can't bring myself to use the "f" word), the cover is black and white close-up of M in dark jacket with v-neck pullover exposing chest-hairs.

Great interview!

Haven't access to a scanner, but will post an extract or two later.

For the people who like pictures (can't bring myself to use the "f" word), the cover is black and white close-up of M in dark jacket with v-neck pullover exposing chest-hairs.

O Lord, how did I forget about this?
*Runs to place order*

You know the "F" word is actually very Joyce-ian (James, not Mike),what with the mishmash of sounds and connotations.

And, yes it somewhat harsh-sounding*...but so beautiful in execution :love:

*Almost Germanic, no? Das Frink!

:D

Last edited:
Hmmm, wonders why 'they' have airbrushed Steven McQueen from Moz's shirt ? Curious.
Not as...interesting as the last Morrissey 'Hot Press' cover. :blushing:

O Lord, how did I forget about this?
*Runs to place order*

You know the "F" word is actually very Joyce-ian (James, not Mike),what with the mishmash of sounds and connotations.

And, yes it somewhat harsh-sounding*...but so beautiful in execution :love:

*Almost Germanic, no? Das Frink!

:D

The "f" word has no connotations for me, Julie, except the Professor on The Simpsons!

Das Frink ist ein schreckliche wort!

The "f" word has no connotations for me, Julie, except the Professor on The Simpsons!

Das Frink ist ein schreckliche wort!

Sooo not Frinky, in the adjective sense:
Professor+Frink.gif

Surely you have no objections to the words "Frisky" or "Kinky" on their own?

You just don't like them squashed together?

*Enough f*in around, someone please pull some snippets or post some scans
kthanx!

Tags
interview
Back
Top Bottom