New Kristeen Young Lyrics

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
What on earth could she possibly be referring to, do you think?

He's Sickened By My Crude Emotion

Oh-Oh-Oh Let me send this note to you. Oh-Oh-Oh Then, you send one back to me.
Oh-Oh-Oh St. Louis sits on my lips. Oh-Oh-Oh But, my keyboard shoots from the hip.

I open with piercing pitch.
My next trick's Twist and Twitch.
Spill my guts in 5 minutes,
I'm fond of a flashy finish
So, I take you in my mouth, and throw you about to get a rise out.

He yawns. He sighs.
He's sickened by my crude emotion.

Oh-Oh-Oh. Now he sends this note to me. Oh-Oh-Oh So I send one back to him.
Oh-Oh-Oh Stomping ground can box your ears. Oh-Oh-Oh But, a note floats in the air.

He implies. He refrains.
He plays kiss-SLAP with a phrase.
His small talk's a Work of Art.
Those Brit boys love their discourse.
Me? I just want to scream, OH, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!

He yawns. He sighs.
He’s seen it all like crude emotion.
He laughs. He hides.
He takes my heart, my crude emotion

Peter

Oh lord, sounds like a certain girl fell in love when they shouldn't have.

Also, sounds like a certain man led a certain girl on.

This should totally be on the main page because this is hysterical.

Monique

Last edited by a moderator:
What?! Those lyrics are real....?

They are very honest I guess, love the 'crude emotion' line

I first heard "He's Sickened By My Crude Emotion" on the spring tour (announced as such and I have bootlegs). It may or may not be older. Of course I'm with everyone else in thinking it's obviously about Morrissey, but the timing means it's not a response to being fired, which a lot of people seemed to assume first time (elsewhere) I saw this being discussed. So, FYI.

I like the way the song talks about sexuality displaced into performance, and think the pun on musical/written notes (both indirect and insufficient expressions of affection) is rather nice. The half-rhyme "Brit boys/discourse" is probably a first. Young has, over the years, trademarked a painful way of writing about sex and physicality ("twist and twitch") which I've always found kind of funny and truthful.

I think it's the weakest of her new tunes that I've heard, but I like it as a performance and lyric; I like its bluntness and the way it captures a kind of half-acknowledged adoration with which, frankly, many Morrissey fans are familiar (whether or not we've been photographed on his shoulders).

Last edited:
... but, given what happened, she's not really holding to that promise of 'never speaking about it again', is she? Goodness me.

Intriguing.. :cool:

... but, given what happened, she's not really holding to that promise of 'never speaking about it again', is she? Goodness me.

hahahaha heartbroken ladies with mouths that big and energy that loud will have to lock themselves away if they are going to live up to that promise.

Personally, I think Moz gave her one, more than a few times.

Why else would all the girls on here hate her so much?

:guitar:

She has so much anger, and there is no resolution to it, in her music. That makes her seem juvenile to me. She didn't relate well to the audience, she seemed pissed off or disconcerted by any praise, as if she was disappointed if she wasn't making you angry.

I identified with a lot of her anger, more so over the many times I saw her sing, but she had a knack for keeping my reactions disconnected. She just didn't manage to win me over. That's a feeble way of putting it. I wanted to like her more than I do, but I'm finding it hard- without regard for her comments at her final show supporting Moz. I don't skip over her when she comes up on shuffle, at least.

Personally, I think Moz gave her one, more than a few times.

Why else would all the girls on here hate her so much?

:guitar:

I know more guys who hate her than girls. I happen to be a girl who likes her a lot. People definitely either love her or hate her. I think her aggressiveness freaks people out, but if you listen to her lyrics they're very open and honest, and at times self deprecating. I think she's over the top but I admire how ballsy she is.

As for this song, it's uh.... interesting. ;) I was speechless reading it a couple of days ago and it's been at the back of my head ever since. I wish there were a studio version of it b/c you can't hear the music very well on the youtube link.

Tags
kristeen young
Back
Top Bottom