New Morrissey song played on BBC radio (with disclaimer) + Morrissey ridiculed on BBC R4 show

Long-term Morrissey/Smiths fan indie DJ (and TV bloke from the 80s), Gary Crowley, played River Clean on his BBC Radio London show a couple of nights ago. Said "I love this track" and was alerted to it by a couple of people (implying he hadn't bothered with the album). At the end he said (paraphrase) "that's a great track... if you can ignore all the other stuff about him".
Radio 4 comedy show tonight 6:30pm - comedian talked about how we breathe in billions of atoms in our lives. Probably the same ones that made up Oscar Wilde and Adolf Hitler - "that would explain Morrissey" (cue the biggest laugh of the evening).
That's where we are folks in 2020. Morrissey has become a cultural byword for the far right and racism. And when presenters do dare to play his latest songs, they apparently need to issue a disclaimer. Bit odd to think that some people claim he's turned a corner...

Not many looking at what's sold to date?
Why have you started this grammatically incorrect, almost idiotic, practice of adding a question mark to every sentence that you post?
Are you meaning to ask a question but get confused & find it difficult?
Is it because of your poor education?
It just makes you look even thicker than usual, don't you think?
Or have you assumed Australian nationality as some form of (unsuccessful) attempt at disguise?
Do you now talk with some antipodean inflection out in public?
Still an embarrassing c*** though, right, talking about charts & sales at your age though?

I’m sure he would’ve been delighted to do promotional slots. I suspect he wasn’t asked; both Holland and Ross are on yellow cards.
Why hasnt he , as always .... nothing he won't let any company take charge of his business. ....... have you been to Newcastle yet with your boy to see the Who ?

UK Is Not The World, Surfy, Moz travels the globe singing to fans so who knows what his sales will finally be for Dog On A Chain.
A third of his sales are in the UK. A good chunk of the remainder are in the US but the album's missed the top 200 there for the first time ever. Hard to deny it's a commercial disaster. Not a problem intrinsically of course (we can still enjoy the new songs). Just means the likelihood of a new record deal in the next 10 years is tiny (with 70% of an already small fan-base jumping ship due to the extreme right wing politics).

Pff you’re so old fashioned. As if album sales decide how popular an artist is in 2020.
And top-3 in UK and 1 in Scotland, mind.
If album sales don't decide how popular an artist is, why did you mention those two chart placings?

A third of his sales are in the UK. A good chunk of the remainder are in the US but the album's missed the top 200 there for the first time ever. Hard to deny it's a commercial disaster. Not a problem intrinsically of course (we can still enjoy the new songs). Just means the likelihood of a new record deal in the next 10 years is tiny (with 70% of an already small fan-base jumping ship due to the extreme right wing politics).
Grim Reaper Alert!!!

Why hasnt he , as always .... nothing he won't let any company take charge of his business. ....... have you been to Newcastle yet with your boy to see the Who ?
The Who tour is cancelled for now CazBaz. The Newcastle date has just been rescheduled; it’s on 12th March 2021.

Had a listen to this on catchup, it's on OJ Borg show which was on early hours of this morning and it was introduced as "New to 2". Also listed on the tracks played section as a CD Single, possible it may make their playlist.

Lets hope so because it is a fantastic song. And I prefer a good tune from a bad guy to mediocre output from nice guys. It's music that matters.

The "stuff" about him is easily ignored when you realise it's all bullshit. When you don't, apparently you can't.

Lets hope so because it is a fantastic song. And I prefer a good tune from a bad guy to mediocre output from nice guys. It's music that matters.
Moz is one of the good guys, Hold On To Your Friends. Song's great by the way!

The Who tour is cancelled for now CazBaz. The Newcastle date has just been rescheduled; it’s on 12th March 2021.
Hovis, they, the Who... us could all be dead by then...... I hope not olde boy....... did you get your money back? I'm still waiting for my money back from haven holidays...... that I cancelled 3 weeks back....... if I were you, get your cash back pal.... take no chances at this point.......

Hovis, they, the Who... us could all be dead by then...... I hope not olde boy....... did you get your money back? I'm still waiting for my money back from haven holidays...... that I cancelled 3 weeks back....... if I were you, get your cash back pal.... take no chances at this point.......
Cash back doesn’t seem to be an option. The Who could be dead from old age by the time all this is over.

Next gig for me is Simply Red, in Manchester, in October. Hopefully.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom