New Morrissey website 'Morrissey Central', including lengthy statement re The Independent

Obviously the successor to True To You has now arrived:
http://www.morrisseycentral.com/

Why The Independent hates independence - Morrissey Central
March 28, 2018

The importance of an artist (or political figure) is sometimes evident in the efforts taken to silence them. Two weeks ago, with stiff-backed priggishness, The Independent printed an extreme Hate Piece so loaded with vile bile that it almost choked on its own endless capacity to be appalled. As its target, it seemed evident that The Independent found me so morally shredded and physically repulsive that I appeared to fascinate them, whilst it also seemed obvious that any announcement of my painful death would make them laugh loudly. Yes, this is what we’re dealing with. Their moral outrage is certain that it has hit upon something as they take a stab at just about everything whilst hitting nothing.
Telford grooming gangs? Hardly worth a whisper in The Independent. Instead let’s demonize Morrissey - who deserves our indefatigable abuse since he appears to be saying some things that many people are actually thinking. To truthophobics, I am apparently worse than useless.

You see, The Independent ‘newspaper’ isn’t actually a paper with news, and it will express only the views of their editor/dictator, whose name is Christian Broughton. What he will tell us is happening and what we see is happening are two entirely different things. In order to find out the truth of anything, you must take note of what Christian Broughton does not allow into print.
My manager (Peter Katsis) spoke to Christian Broughton after the Hate Piece had appeared, and he asked why Broughton had sanctioned such a diabolically contrived and bitterly inaccurate mess. Broughton pointed out that “it would be difficult to find anyone at The Independent
who agreed with Morrissey’s views.” This almost- illiterate reply fully reveals The Independent’s dog-yapping will to destroy anyone with a view that doesn’t match their own. The Independent, you see, must supervise and censor art - that is their function.
But what are my views? And why do they ‘get at’ the stiff boundaries of The Independent? And what is The Independent independent of? Truth? Shame? They state confidently that, when I recently asked a packed audience at Glasgow Arena if they actually liked Nicola Sturgeon, that half the audience walked out in disgust towards me. As you can guess, without any principals of justice. The Glasgow audience, in fact, roared a deafening “NOOOOO!” in reply to the question, and not one person was known to have left the venue in protest. The Independent is willing to lie to its readers in order to create a skewed truth, and to hell with any principals of justice. If the newspaper is willing to take such silly risks with very basic facts then what on earth could they report that you would actually believe? They tell their readers that I “loathe Nicola Sturgeon” (which is untrue), and they explain by way of sneering slur how I am “loving Brexit”.

I believe I have mentioned Brexit twice in my entire life, and neither comment expressed love. I had explained how Brexit had been a strike for democracy because of the disgust that the political elite had shown towards the people who did not vote the way that they were warned to by media bullies. But why attack anyone who loves Brexit? Almost two years on from the result, the EU still has not allowed the UK to leave its clutches - which simply explains exactly why the Leave campaigners voted as they did in the first place. Doesn’t it twig?
However, any Brexit loathing by The Independent does not reflect majority opinion, and this lends them no independent thought whatsoever, but blind bureaucratic arrogance instead. This is symptomatic of a modern, shredded British society, where free speech no longer exists. When the print media are lost for a reply, they simply change the subject by naming their
opponent as ‘racist’, which is the perfect ploy because most people are naturally appalled to be called racist, and they step back in silence, and the debate collapses unresolved. Use of the word often only ever comes from people who themselves are intolerant. It works. Even though England introduced the world to democracy, great art and great literature, it is now leading the way with a dark and largely hidden agenda where no one is entitled to disagree; only one interest and opinion must prevail within the print media. Art is now fully outside tabloid journalism, and the gaping hole shrieks at us via the commercial arena with its automatic laughter and the impotent emotion of reality TV. The American genius William Burroughs was once interviewed on Radio 1 in the 1970s. Today’s Radio 1 is such an intellectually paralyzed blast of surface that it would not remotely consider interviewing anyone of the nature or intellect of Burroughs. Is civilization over? The cannibalistic mobile grave known as The Guardian suggests so. Thrilled at the knowledge of their own power, both The Guardian and The Independent daily confirm the views of everyone who morally objects to them (and The News of The World turns in its urn.) Their intolerant and totalitarian criticism of others reveals so much about themselves. Perhaps newspapers just cannot keep up with the open-ness and tolerance of internet news sites? The future of The Independent seems only a question of your commitment to it. It claims that I support Harvey Weinstein - someone about whom I know almost nothing. I do not believe I could recognize him in photographs. The Independent also claims that my audience have deserted me - yet this month I have completed my most successful UK tour, selling 22,000 tickets in London alone, selling out concerts at Alexandra Palace, The London Palladium, Brixton Academy and The Royal Albert Hall, all played within the space of 8 days. The Independent has an almost breathless capacity for misinformation and deception. Its uncontested rules of hate are like a fully drawn bow aiming its arrow at 42 targets, yet hitting none; bitter at the core, yet taking a stab, as its writer moves with one-way-or-another-you-will-remember-my-name outrage.

I am neither Loony Left nor Far Right. I am a humanitarian. I have not ever once voted in a British election because I have not ever discovered a party that represents my views. My main social concern is the abolition of the abattoir, the continued existence of which in modern times is beyond sane belief.
I confess that my life in music has been stunted by shyness, and this remains. I am too interior, and this can often seem like bone splitting arrogance. But it is not. I do not want to be like anyone else in music because there is no point. I want to bring something different into view. When I attempt to clarify, I will admit that it often sounds like an attack. I believe England can look after itself. It does not need the EU to police its laws, its thought, its borders or its liberty. It does not take a genius to arrive at this viewpoint.

Because The Independent cannot keep their own views under control, it seems obvious to me that we must source our information from alternative news outlets - they, at any rate, are telling us that we should. British mainstream media is now so politically correct that basic truth is actually impossible, and although it is obsessed with promoting social diversity they will not accept diverse opinion. Most British newspapers can only offer secrecy. When news is offered as opinion, it can only therefore be biased. Last year I completed a questionnaire for The Daily Mail in which one of their questions was ‘Whom do you most dislike?’. I replied ‘Theresa May, because of her support for killing foxes and badgers.’ The questionnaire appeared in print, but the Theresa May reply was missing because it obviously didn’t fit with the Mail’s political position as Theresa May’s personal notice-board. Journalists only ever talk to other journalists, it seems.

‘The London intellect, so pert and shallow,
like a stream that never reaches the ocean.’
E. M. Forster.

I have been criticized in the UK for so long (nowhere else!) that anything said about me no longer strikes me as a threat because I am still, after all, here. We should, I think, be striving for something more morally useful than whatever The Independent vomits out by way of spite.

Katie Boyle, who very sadly died this week, said “you have to accept [the press] telling complete lies about you. You can’t take legal action because that fans the flame.” I see what she means!

In 1887 the masthead of The New York Times began its famous slogan: All The News That’s Fit To Print.
In 2018, The masthead of The Independent should read All The Shit That’s Fit To Print. The Independent has tried to put me out of circulation: and viva hate, to that!

Morrissey

23 March 2018.

42708_morrisseycentral.jpg

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s disappointing. Spin’s in on it, too, now.

I remember this very clearly as if it were yesterday reading the article in this edition:

88-06-spin-cover_0-469x560.jpg

From recollection he stated that if he could take a pill that would allow him to die peacefully he would take it...or something to that effect. I remember it to be a very good article, but that was some thirty years ago. :eek:

Last edited:
No. In the UK the police are heavily influenced, and directed by, the events, thinking and governments of the day. Probably the most famous example of this is the Stephen Lawrence case: a black teenager who was murdered by a gang of white racist youths while waiting at a bus stop in South London in 1993. The findings that came out of the landmark inquiry into the police investigation - in which the police not only failed to secure the arrests of the - known - perpetrators but did everything they could to smear the entire Lawrence family - were so shocking that they changed the way policing was carried out. The entire Metropolitan Police force was branded 'institutionally racist' - justifiably so - but I think over time this helped to create panic and confusion about dealing appropriately with BAME people. I'm sure there are other factors, and I'm attempting to explain something complex with only one example, but it was a pretty seismic event.

And it's been well established in those grooming cases which have already come to court that the reason why police and local authorities did nothing was a fear of being seen as racist.

This is how I read it as well. The notion that such large widespread and systemic abuse was 'accidentally' missed by police is a bridge too far. Further investigation was avoided for a reason.

I remember this very clearly as if it were yesterday reading the article in this edition: snip....
From recollection he stated that if he could take a pill that would allow him to die peacefully he would take it...or something to that effect. I remember it to be a very good article, but that was some thirty years ago. :eek:
Welcome to 30 yrs ago & well remembered:
Read the black box left to right and continue on to the black text on white bg and read that as columns (The quote is second column, third jpg).
click spoiler (to save space & a bit OT).
spin 88.jpg

spin 88 2.jpg
spin 88 3.jpg
For anyone interested - as mentioned here before: almost all of Spin Magazine's back catalogue is scanned page by page and available via Google books to sift through.
There's just too much to go through and cull, but if you love music/adverts/interviews you will be happy to visit:
https://books.google.com/books/serial/ISSN:08863032?rview=1&source=gbs_navlinks_s&hl=en
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The problem in the case of Rotherham is that these attacks were not investigated thoroughly specifically because of the religion of the possible perpetrators, ie. the police didn't want to be seen as racist. That is a very problematic issue IMHO. The idea that the authorities were too afraid to investigate possible crime lest it been seen as politically incorrect should trouble you immensely. The pendulum has swing too far the other way.

The media is complicit as well, the MSM has zero problem drumming up outrage over the Catholic church suppressing all the sexual abuse that has been going on for decades and so they should as it is a disgusting and shameful stain on the church. However when it comes to Muslim grooming gangs?? Not a peep. The double standard is clear to see and it's the lack of coverage that unfortunately creates a vacuum for far-right ideology to swoop in and fill.

In terms of the police I agree.

In term of the media... I was naturally outraged at the Catholic Church thing and nonce gangs. I haven't watched any 'News' for years, long before it dawned on Morrissey to do the same and to me it brings great clarity. I know this shit is all about deflection - I don't remember the outrage against the Church being remotely similar to the outrage against Muslims (leaving aside singular journalist investigations or documentaries) and let's not pretend that it's because of a lack of coverage, it's because there has been a relentless propaganda campaign in the media. People are poor, people are struggling. The natural way with the media is to deflect all the attention from poverty 0n to things that the population might be outraged about, out of all proportion but that's how propaganda works. The vacuum is deliberate and the target is obvious. To pretend this isn't deliberate is naive. The old adage is divide and rule, it's the simple process of degrading either the poor or different to put all of your anger on to in order to deflect from the people who might actually be at the heart of the problems. This isn't to say that certain crimes aren't abhorant, it's just that while the populace are concentrating on the thing that is being thrown at them they are distracted from the root of the problem. Now the 'problem' that is thrown at them is Islam. Going back to an earlier post I made, you can take the worst aspects that any 'community' throws up and depict them as subhuman monsters. It's easy to do and has happened throughout time. The trick is to not get drawn in by that and let the bastards complete their aims. To pretend that the likes of Trump and the Brexit mob's anti-Islamic propaganda hasn't been mainstreem is totally naive. My question is what do they hope to achieve and why? As usual with EVERYTHING it's always about power and corruption. With us as a population, the question is do we want to go with the narrative or do we want to question who is promoting what is a relentless surge of opinion and why that has been thrown our way? Did we want to export all white British people because of Huntley and Jimmy? Prospective and balance aren't bad things.

Last edited:
In terms of the police I agree.

In term of the media... I was naturally outraged at the Catholic Church thing and nonce gangs. I haven't watched any 'News' for years, long before it dawned on Morrissey to do the same and to me it brings great clarity. I know this shit is all about deflection - I don't remember the outrage against the Church being remotely similar to the outrage against Muslims (leaving aside singular journalist investigations or documentaries) and let's not pretend that it's because of a lack of coverage, it's because there has been a relentless propaganda campaign in the media. People are poor, people are struggling. The natural way with the media is to deflect all the attention from poverty 0n to things that the population might be outraged about, out of all proportion but that's how propaganda works. The vacuum is deliberate and the target is obvious. To pretend this isn't deliberate is naive. The old adage is divide and rule, it's the simple process of degrading either the poor or different to put all of your anger on to in order to deflect from the people who might actually be at the heart of the problems. This isn't to say that certain crimes aren't abhorant, it's just that while the populace are concentrating on the thing that is being thrown at them they are distracted from the root of the problem. Now the 'problem' that is thrown at them is Islam. Going back to an earlier post I made, you can take the worst aspects that any 'community' throws up and depict them as subhuman monsters. It's easy to do and has happened throughout time. The trick is to not get drawn in by that and let the bastards complete their aims. To pretend that the likes of Trump and the Brexit mob's anti-Islamic propaganda hasn't been mainstreem is totally naive. My question is what do they hope to achieve and why? As usual with EVERYTHING it's always about power and corruption.

I'm really not sure what point you're attempting to make in this word salad. From my perspective the MSM hammered the Catholic church fairly well regarding the sexual abuse cover-ups. When it came to Rotherham they have been (mostly) strangely silent. So yeah there is an agenda for sure and that seems to be to ignore any type of crime that might emanate from the worst aspects of Islam and I find that curious. After all we are happy to look at the worst aspects of catholicism or at least the Catholic church are we not adult enough to have the same robust debate about the worst aspects of Islam or does the MSM feel they need to keep us insulated from it?

From what I understand the police in Sweden are now engaging in a similar form of censorship where they no longer publish the nationality of people found guilty of sexual assault. Why not? If there really is a problem, if immigrants are finding it difficult to assimilate otr understand that women have a different set of rights to where they have come from no point putting your had in the sand, you might as well address the problem head-on.

Perhaps you are not the person I should be debating media coverage of these sorts of incidents with because as you say you no longer follow the news so are unaware of what recent coverage in the MSM has been like.

I'm really not sure what point you're attempting to make in this word salad. From my perspective the MSM hammered the Catholic church fairly well regarding the sexual abuse cover-ups. When it came to Rotherham they have been (mostly) strangely silent. So yeah there is an agenda for sure and that seems to be to ignore any type of crime that might emanate from the worst aspects of Islam and I find that curious. After all we are happy to look at the worst aspects of catholicism or at least the Catholic church are we not adult enough to have the same robust debate about the worst aspects of Islam or does the MSM feel they need to keep us insulated from it?

From what I understand the police in Sweden are now engaging in a similar form of censorship where they no longer publish the nationality of people found guilty of sexual assault. Why not? If there really is a problem, if immigrants are finding it difficult to assimilate otr understand that women have a different set of rights to where they have come from no point putting your had in the sand, you might as well address the problem head-on.

Perhaps you are not the person I should be debating media coverage of these sorts of incidents with because as you say you no longer follow the news so are unaware of what recent coverage in the MSM has been like.

To be honest I form my own opinions from everywhere and don't live my life by whatever the MSM is. Maybe you should do the same instead of looking for prompts from media sources that should or shouldn't follow your line of thought when forming your opinions. I know your sources before you begin. You will believe what you want to believe.

If you'd read my posts from an unbiased prospective you'd see my unbiased criticisms of Islam. I don't give a f*** about Islam but lets have some prospective. The whole World has gone mad.

To be honest I form my own opinions from everywhere and don't live my life by whatever the MSM is. Maybe you should do the same instead of looking for prompts from media sources that should or shouldn't follow your line of thought when forming your opinions. I know your sources before you begin. You will believe what you want to believe.

If you'd read my posts from an unbiased prospective you'd see my unbiased criticisms of Islam. I don't give a f*** about Islam but lets have some prospective. The whole World has gone mad.

The only question I asked was why did it take so long for such a widespread systemic grooming gang to be busted?? I'm not sure you need any 'sources' to ask that question, just common sense.

The only question I asked was why did it take so long for such a widespread systemic grooming gang to be busted?? I'm not sure you need any 'sources' to ask that question, just common sense.

That answer is obvious. We all know.

Do you want to discuss the outrage of other attrocities or is only ones that lead to the failure to prosecute Muslim wrong un's that matter? Not to downplay those attrocities but you know, why the focus on those? Have you got a similar outrage at the abuse of minors by celebrities? Or the target of minors by anyone other than Muslims? It's just the last I looked, a wrong un is a wrong un but only one kind of wrong un matters anymore. Weird.

That answer is obvious. We all know.

Do you want to discuss the outrage of other attrocities or is only ones that lead to the failure to prosecute Muslim wrong un's that matter? Not to downplay those attrocities but you know, why the focus on those? Have you got a similar outrage at the abuse of minors by celebrities? Or the target of minors by anyone other than Muslims? It's just the last I looked, a wrong un is a wrong un but only one kind of wrong un matters anymore. Weird.

I was specifically discussing the grooming gangs and Rotherham as it pertains to Morrissey's statement on his new website. Had he mentioned say the sexual abuse that has occurred in the Catholic Church then I would have made a post specifically to that. The idea that you can't have a discussion about grooming gangs without discussing ALL the other ills in the world I find strange. If you want to make a thread titled 'All the Bad People In The World' then yeah I'd happily post about other types of atrocities that occur, slave trafficking, genocide in Rwanda, the Catholic Church, the list is endless. However as per Morrissey's statement regarding the lack of coverage regarding grooming gangs that is what I'm wanting to specifically discuss as I do find it interesting that in Rotherham it was allowed to occur for so long.

You on the other hand seem very very wary of talking about the Rotherham case without having to divert onto other atrocities and I find that curious. Are you capable of discussing the failures of Rotherham on its own? Why do you think that in this particular situation it was allowed to happen for so long to so many girls? was it solely a failure by the police? Was the Muslim community too silent? Surely someone had to know? You do understand that it is OK to ask these questions, that querying the failures doesn't automatically make you an islamophobe.

I was specifically discussing the grooming gangs and Rotherham as it pertains to Morrissey's statement on his new website. Had he mentioned say the sexual abuse that has occurred in the Catholic Church then I would have made a post specifically to that. The idea that you can't have a discussion about grooming gangs without discussing ALL the other ills in the world I find strange. If you want to make a thread titled 'All the Bad People In The World' then yeah I'd happily post about other types of atrocities that occur, slave trafficking, genocide in Rwanda, the Catholic Church, the list is endless. However as per Morrissey's statement regarding the lack of coverage regarding grooming gangs that is what I'm wanting to specifically discuss as I do find it interesting that in Rotherham it was allowed to occur for so long.

You on the other hand seem very very wary of talking about the Rotherham case without having to divert onto other atrocities and I find that curious. Are you capable of discussing the failures of Rotherham on its own? Why do you think that in this particular situation it was allowed to happen for so long to so many girls? was it solely a failure by the police? Was the Muslim community too silent? Surely someone had to know? You do understand that it is OK to ask these questions, that querying the failures doesn't automatically make you an islamophobe.

The point that you or Morrissey ONLY want to talk about certain cases does make you ....

I've raised similar points further back if you care to read them. Can't be arsed to do it all again.

The point that you or Morrissey ONLY want to talk about certain cases does make you ....

I've raised similar points further back if you care to read them. Can't be arsed to do it all again.

You don't know me in private, you don't know what conversations I have with other people in private life, nor you know what other forums I belong to and the type of things I discuss. In short you have zero idea as to the width or breadth of what I discuss, so yeah, nice try. I've read what you've posted in this thread and I'm yet to find anything where you've discussed how such large scale the abuse was able to occur nor as to WHY the abuse was able to occur for so long unprosecuted. Nothing.

Will Moz comment on the latest muslim terror attack in Munster?

He's not commented on any attack in the past to my knowledge and I wonder what his take on it is. His only mention on it is his anger directed at the security checks at airports that lead to him being sexually assaulted.

You don't know me in private, you don't know what conversations I have with other people in private life, nor you know what other forums I belong to and the type of things I discuss. In short you have zero idea as to the width or breadth of what I discuss, so yeah, nice try. I've read what you've posted in this thread and I'm yet to find anything where you've discussed how such large scale the abuse was able to occur nor as to WHY the abuse was able to occur for so long unprosecuted. Nothing.

Dude when have you seen a Muslim criticize the stupid backwards Islam? Never.
Thats why all the deflection, hes Muslim.:rolleyes:

Welcome to 30 yrs ago & well remembered:
Read the black box left to right and continue on to the black text on white bg and read that as columns (The quote is second column, third jpg).
click spoiler (to save space & a bit OT).
For anyone interested - as mentioned here before: almost all of Spin Magazine's back catalogue is scanned page by page and available via Google books to sift through.
There's just too much to go through and cull, but if you love music/adverts/interviews you will be happy to visit:
https://books.google.com/books/serial/ISSN:08863032?rview=1&source=gbs_navlinks_s&hl=en
Regards,
FWD.

As always FWD, you are a wellspring of information. Thank you for taking the time to dig this up. Very strange how re-reading this article some 30 years later transported me back in time to when my fandom was at its peak. I don't think I share one common interest with him except the music, and beautiful lyrics he was creating. This was all I needed from him.

I think it was an extremely well written article and his responses to some of the questions displayed the quick wit and word play that made him a star in the making. Although, his hatred of the popular music of the day, and disdain for anything he doesn't like or understand comes through and could have easily come off the new Morrissey website.

There is some, if minuscule, value in innocuous music. The fact that he can't understand that Debbie Gibson as Madonna before her, and Ariana Grande after are gals that young girls and boys for that matter quite like simply because their music can be danced to shows that he has a difficult time accepting anything outside of his own mental constructs. For someone who espouses hating judges he is one of the most judgmental people plodding the Earth today.

Moz in the only person in the public eye to my knowledge who has EVER brought up this subject. That's quite commendable. Especially considering he knows full well that (in the UK at least) it means instant dismissal as a racist. Mention Rotherham, Telford etc and people (like CC) will call either call you a bigot or use tactics like: Ah, but look at what we did in Iraq... Diversion every time.

Will Moz comment on the latest muslim terror attack in Munster?

No.
He might order a terror vegan attack on Munster cheese, though.

Oh yes, believe me, he's that powerful. And angry.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom