New Song | Art-Hounds

It is obviously "my life is opera". If someone heard it for the first time without reading this thread (as I did) it is pretty clear that he is saying opera. That, and the fact he sings it in a mock-opera falsetto. And it fits in with the art theme of the song.
My life is a book? Your hearing is shit.

Yeah may want to re-read the thread, I never thought it was "a book", I was saying that is what I DON'T hear, which is what some others do. Good work detective.

I think it's opera too, I brought up the point of it being in a mock opera falsetto to, and the fact that it fits with the theme of the song in as such that he's basically saying "my life is full of drama" as a opera is a type of dramatic performance.

Isn't that a kind of tea?

I knew you could take it. Hey, I urbandicked "tea." This is the second time in a week I've heard it used as a descriptor, but I can't figure out what it means? :confused:

Morrissey is not using bad grammar because starless and Maurice E's entire premise is false.

Opera is a noun usable without an article because, quite simply, it is a genre of music and theatre. Just like Rock-n-roll or Musical Theater or Rockabilly or Romantic Comedy all can be. Opera is a TYPE of music/theater.

If Morrissey were comparing his life to a specific opera, then an article would be appropriate, but he's not; he means it in a generic way, thus no article.

For an extended example, see this article on Opera from Wikipedia for specifics in how the word can be used appropriately without any articles.

Thanks. I thought this was probably the case, but my knowledge of the intricacies of grammar is limited.

Tea? It's a drink. It has been quite popular for the last... I dunno, couple of hundred years...

Ohhhhhhhh, you were saying "dahhling" is a kind of tea, I thought you were saying my bitchiness was "tea." :doh: Okay, yes, Darjeeling is a kind of tea. Okay I'm going to stop trying to be clever and go to the mall with my mother. Adios!

Ohhhhhhhh, you were saying "dahhling" is a kind of tea, I thought you were saying my bitchiness was "tea." :doh: Okay, yes, Darjeeling is a kind of tea. Okay I'm going to stop trying to be clever and go to the mall with my mother. Adios!

We've all been to the "mall" with your mother, darling. :)

We've all been to the "mall" with your mother, darling. :)

Yeah, yeah. Whatever. :rolleyes:

800px-Nicolas_Poussin_052.jpg

No but really, we went to the mall. She bought me a pair of shorts on sale. I look like a lesbian in them. :p

Last night I was looking at the youtube clips and there is one with really good video. It says best sound quality in the title but I disagree with that opinion.. In that it looks like he is saying opera.

If it is in fact opera I like the use of it. It conveys something and is unique use of phrasing.

After downloading the song and listening to it extensively, I'm pretty certain Morrissey is saying "my life is a book". This could also link to the release of his autobiography.

Last night I was looking at the youtube clips and there is one with really good video. It says best sound quality in the title but I disagree with that opinion.. In that it looks like he is saying opera.

If it is in fact opera I like the use of it. It conveys something and is unique use of phrasing.

Agreed. It's certainly a step up from "this might make you throw up in your bed - I'm OK by myself"...

IMG_0336.jpg

(I stole this from the other site taken by the poster TheReader, I sent her a cutout once, I doubt she'll mind.)

I don't mind at all and that cut-out is still one of my favourite possessions.

I tried to post my gig pics on this forum at the time and couldn't even log on. Ever since the forum upgraded I have major problems logging in - took me 5 attempts today. Does anyone else get that?

Last edited:
I don't why but Passions Just Like Mine doesn't meantion "Art-hounds" and "Scandinavia" in the lyrics section yet.

IMG_0336.jpg

(I stole this from the other site taken by the poster TheReader, I sent her a cutout once, I doubt she'll mind.)

I don't mind at all and that cut-out is still one of my favourite possessions.

I tried to post my gig pics on this forum at the time and couldn't even log on. Ever since the forum upgraded I have major problems logging in - took me 5 attempts today. Does anyone else get that?

He looks like a moody bee in that picture

Back
Top Bottom