New tour, same band, same old sludge

D

Darrow

Come on and do something new!

The reason why everyone loved Bowie was because as soon as his sound got stale and dated he changed it. The reason why Bolan was forgotten about in the mid 70s was because he never tried anything different and his later records started to sound bloated and dated. From 91-94 the Boorer and Whyte band added a freshness and a creative spark to Morrissey's work that it sorely needed after the poor and listless "Kill Uncle"(altough this album has improved a bit over the years), but this retro rockabilly/indie crossbreed is starting to get very dull. So Moz how about getting a new band, a new producer and a new songwriting partner, we know what you are capable of when given a decent backing track.Even this latin tinged stuff that is rumoured might add a little spark.
Plese Moz don't let your last single release be Satan..

> Plese Moz don't let your last single release be Satan..

i know i shouldn't be a dork like this, but maybe he shouldn't have mentioned to Chris there was going to be a tour.

> From 91-94 the Boorer and
> Whyte band added a freshness and a creative spark to Morrissey's work that
> it sorely needed after the poor and listless "Kill
> Uncle"(altough this album has improved a bit over the years

how can an inanimate object improve, you nugget!

not exactly

no, i'm just thinking more that this whole thing is like crawling on your belly for 200 miles looking for water, and you're about to give up, and then coming upon a sign that says "water- 1 mile" and so you pick it up, and get excited, and go another mile and then you find another sign saying, "water-1 mile"

if we're comparing....

the number of times we've stood outside of his house and forced him to be polite, yeah, i suppose i've been one-upped in that area.

nothing like a little bit of good layman's psychology by anonymous people on the internet to set the world straight. thank you, concerned citizen. i'm looking on Orbitz.com right now to book a flight to LA to rectify my emotional problems.

Re: I wondered that too

> how can an inanimate object improve, you nugget!

::: sitting here watching my old CDs and vinyls waiting for them to improve too :::

err....

...have you really not listened to an album some time after its release and been amazed at how different and better / worse it sounds?

Your listening pleasures are often subconsciously moulded, and often albums are simply released at the 'wrong time', when fans simply aren't ready for this sort of album from an artist. And this is what happened with 'Kill Uncle'. An album as downbeat, jaded and accomplished as Kill Uncle should be coming out NOW.... back then it was too early.

I agree totally - Kill Uncle has definitely improved with age.

Unfortunately, I can't see myself doing a Queen Mum and living long enough to be able to say 'Maladjusted' and 'Southpaw Grammar' sound better with age.... they both sound like they'll need a LONG time in fermentation....

> ::: sitting here watching my old CDs and vinyls waiting for them to
> improve too :::

Re: err....

> ...have you really not listened to an album some time after its release
> and been amazed at how different and better / worse it sounds?

> Your listening pleasures are often subconsciously moulded, and often
> albums are simply released at the 'wrong time', when fans simply aren't
> ready for this sort of album from an artist. And this is what happened
> with 'Kill Uncle'. An album as downbeat, jaded and accomplished as Kill
> Uncle should be coming out NOW.... back then it was too early.

> I agree totally - Kill Uncle has definitely improved with age.

> Unfortunately, I can't see myself doing a Queen Mum and living long enough
> to be able to say 'Maladjusted' and 'Southpaw Grammar' sound better with
> age.... they both sound like they'll need a LONG time in fermentation....

Viva Hate also comes to mind, took me a while to adjust and listen to it on its own merits, apart from the monstrosity that is 'Benagli In Platforms'. I liked Kill Uncle from the start - wonderful album. Maldjusted is ok, but I agree with you on Southpaw Grammar, apart from the one stand out track, Reader Meet Author.

Back
Top Bottom