New unseen Morrissey photo by Anton Corbijn

View attachment 33903

On the Dutch tv
-show 'De Wereld Draait Door' a new and unseen Morrissey photograph by Anton Corbijn was shown. Corbijn is responsible for the album covers / photos of 'Viva Hate' and 'November spawned a monster'.

To mark the sixtieth birthday of photographer Anton Corbijn, the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag is organising a retrospective entitled HOLLANDS DEEP.

Portrait photographer Anton Corbijn doesn’t much like to look back at his work in the music industry. But for the Hague Museum of Photography’s forthcoming exhibition 1-2-3-4 he has done just that. Searching his archive, he has selected more than 300 shots of bands and singers: everybody from Nirvana, U2 and Nick Cave to Siouxsie Sioux, REM and the Rolling Stones. Many of the photographs are now going on show to the public for the very first time.

cool. i just googled imaged his name and mozs and so many great ones i hadnt seen came up. some really really nice work there

when i googled his and morrisseys name one of the photos that came up was this one though its obviously an early shot of the smiths and not of viva hate but its was just so good. if you know if its his or not let me know

e4c1da613d59a4fe5318fa7e50dfb2de.jpg

very prophetic im guessing

Thanks Hand in Hand-Shoe! I love Anton's work. Such an evocative eye for his subject.

Also, that pic of Moz and Marr above is cool!

On the Dutch tv-show 'De Wereld Draait Door' a new and unseen Morrissey photograph by Anton Corbijn was shown. Corbijn is responsible for the album covers / photos of 'Viva Hate' and 'November spawned a monster'.

To mark the sixtieth birthday of photographer Anton Corbijn, the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag is organising a retrospective entitled HOLLANDS DEEP.

Portrait photographer Anton Corbijn doesn’t much like to look back at his work in the music industry. But for the Hague Museum of Photography’s forthcoming exhibition 1-2-3-4 he has done just that. Searching his archive, he has selected more than 300 shots of bands and singers: everybody from Nirvana, U2 and Nick Cave to Siouxsie Sioux, REM and the Rolling Stones. Many of the photographs are now going on show to the public for the very first time.

corbijn.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
mhh, must've missed it, but ususual get's a rerun on day after in the late mourning :)

so that'll be maybe monday, cause no DWDD on sunday

Anton is too big for our country, he's one in the league of Nick Kent, Kevin Cummins, a real Legend

'and they say he's mentall'...mostly for His work with U2...no Costa but Braband...

[it was wednesday's show and still on..can see it on the site, the URL is above in the itemtext]

Last edited:
All of his work with Depeche is the best as far as I am concerned, definitely.

Tags
corbijn morrissey november viva

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom