Newcastle, Australia - Civic Theatre (Oct. 31, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway (w/ Happy Lovers At Last United sung at end by Moz) / Istanbul / Irish Blood, English Heart / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by crawleyrocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that - so many fans go to a lot of effort to travel and see him when and where they can so when others get preferential treatment it doesn't feel good. Thankfully my opportunities are so rare, being in Australia and not able to get OS very often, that I've never been exposed to this kind of situation in the handful of times I've seen him. I think I'd feel pretty rubbish if it happened to me so I completely understand where you're coming from.

At the gig where you waited such a long time (kudos to you by the way), what show was this for?
Woollongong :) felt very strange and out of place there though, I still feel enlightened since bu i wish there wouldn't be so much conflict between everyone. i myself like to stay within the shadows.

Woollongong :) felt very strange and out of place there though, I still feel enlightened since bu i wish there wouldn't be so much conflict between everyone. i myself like to stay within the shadows.
I totally agree with you, but he actually did say goodbye. It was very short and sweet, but not actually sweet if you know what I mean.

Ahhhh I see. I read so many mixed reports in the press about that show (and on here) I honestly didn't know what was true and what wasn't. It is a huge shame about the punch-up incident... I think it's a relief that he didn't end up canning the rest of the show (a reflection of his more chilled out mood in Australia generally?). That would have ruined it well and truly. Not sure how someone who punches someone in the face stays on the guestlist though....

Ahhhh I see. I read so many mixed reports in the press about that show (and on here) I honestly didn't know what was true and what wasn't. It is a huge shame about the punch-up incident... I think it's a relief that he didn't end up canning the rest of the show (a reflection of his more chilled out mood in Australia generally?). That would have ruined it well and truly. Not sure how someone who punches someone in the face stays on the guestlist though....
I'm not sure either but he dropped her name at Newcastle last night. She's lucky she's a girl. If a guy had done that and admitted to it he'd be out so fast he wouldn't know what happened.

The puncher and punchee were close to ruining the night but the rest of the crowd were in such high spirits it didn't take long to forget about the children in the sandbox.

I totally agree with you, but he actually did say goodbye. It was very short and sweet, but not actually sweet if you know what I mean.
oh ! I think i was too dazed from the show to remember but yeah, oh well. Hopefully he comes again but avoids maybe woollongong..no offense to the people there but it was a pretty crap place with the chicken shop across the road and bike gangs in town. perhaps he will try different venues in cities and other good towns?? it's good for him to go elsewhere than typical cities. Did you notice the morons in the center of the pit? i copped some beer in my hair and was basically crushed against the barrier, think moz saw the discomfort of me and few others. Not surprised that the one who got a good punch was apart of that drunken crew

I'm not sure either but he dropped her name at Newcastle last night. She's lucky she's a girl. If a guy had done that and admitted to it he'd be out so fast he wouldn't know what happened.

Well if the guy was making jokes about the cruelty of the horse racing industry, as I'm led to believe (someone clarify if I am wrong), then Moz might have thought he had it coming?

Well, she might know but I don't know what you mean.
If it is not sweet, than what is it?

You are being mysterious Marred.
I sense a worrying implication in what you said. (not What she said, although worryingly too!)
Can you give a hint, more or less.
I hate it to be in the fog about that.
Thanks though for your great posts!

it's very odd. my heart just about stopped and melted when he stopped. I nearly cried because I had gone to such an extent at my age to get there and see him let alone had my friend buy my ticket because i was incapable. I actually cried quite a lot when i thought i wasn't going to see him so when he nearly left it was the worst

oh ! I think i was too dazed from the show to remember but yeah, oh well. Hopefully he comes again but avoids maybe woollongong..no offense to the people there but it was a pretty crap place with the chicken shop across the road and bike gangs in town. perhaps he will try different venues in cities and other good towns?? it's good for him to go elsewhere than typical cities. Did you notice the morons in the center of the pit? i copped some beer in my hair and was basically crushed against the barrier, think moz saw the discomfort of me and few others. Not surprised that the one who got a good punch was apart of that drunken crew
I did see them and was grateful not to be near them. I think the Gong has been rung it's first and last time. I still had a great time though.

The puncher and punchee were close to ruining the night but the rest of the crowd were in such high spirits it didn't take long to forget about the children in the sandbox.
i added her on fb and after mocking guest list adds in a post about who annoys me she got very defensive...sweetness i was only joking

Well if the guy was making jokes about the cruelty of the horse racing industry, as I'm led to believe (someone clarify if I am wrong), then Moz might have thought he had it coming?
you could tell he wasn't fond of her move. ignorance is bliss and she should have know that one

Well, she might know but I don't know what you mean.
If it is not sweet, than what is it?

You are being mysterious Marred.
I sense a worrying implication in what you said. (not What she said, although worryingly too!)
Can you give a hint, more or less.
I hate it to be in the fog about that.
Thanks though for your great posts!
The goodbye was short and sweet. You've heard that saying before haven't you? I said it wasn't actually sweet as in nice because I think he was glad the show was over so to speak.

The goodbye was short and sweet. You've heard that saying before haven't you? I said it wasn't actually sweet as in nice because I think he was glad the show was over so to speak.

Okay, thank you !

ANOTHER THING ! moments after the horse comment the puncher turned to the guy and just babbled "who the f*** do you think you are why would you say that you f***ing f*** youre a f***ing etc etc ..." scary

Gosh, it sounds like it was a really rowdy crowd. Sorry to hear you had a bit of a hard time of it! I'm never sure why people drink so much before Moz shows, it always amazes me how drunk some people seem to be before they go in. Wollongong was an odd choice of location I thought, but massive props to him for visiting regional cities. It was a risk, but I'm hoping he's pleased with the reception he got outside of the major areas and that he'll consider doing it again in the future.... maybe without Wollongong and just doing Sydney again instead.

Canberra was SO tame in comparison. A total of four security (two on each end of the barrier, none on the stage) - and none of them moved a muscle the entire time. I'm pretty sure I saw one of them with his eyes closed during the show. No attempted stage invasions either. The rowdiest it got was one guy attempting to pass Moz some gladioli. He ended up throwing them on the stage and then going back to his seat. No one jostled eachother and I didn't get accosted by anyone except some girl in the front row who tried to stop me getting near Moz's hand when he reached out towards the end (argh). It was probably the tamest gig I've ever been to, but the beauty of it was that you could just enjoy it and really take it in without worrying about anything. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom