NFL.com commercial

Neither do you, so whats your point? ASCAP/Morrissey do own it I'm guessing?, if they don't, then I'd be really surprised. They're Morrissey's lyrics, if he's one of the writers, then YES he most certainly does own the rights to it, and no one can use them w/o his permission. If he had a co-writer for them(ex.Alain White), same thing. You apparently do not know how the music industry works, and how one owns songs and so forth.

and here i am working in the entertainment industry. shame on me.

Morrissey may not be asked if he wants his song used in an NFL commercial. But he will receive a check. This is also a possible scenario. Knowing morrissey's hands-off approach to music these days, it's a possibility.

Why can't morrissey control the release of the Live From Hollywood Bowl DVD?

Be nice.

similar situation. like i said, artists don't have full control of their songs...agencies pass out songs to buyers and the money trickles down to the artist:

LEBANON, Ohio (CNN) – The rock band "Heart" may have asked John McCain and Sarah Palin stop playing their song "Barracuda" at their rallies, but the campaign is apparently paying no heed.

The track — played at the Republican National Convention in honor of the Vice Presidential nominee, who earned the nickname "Sarah Barracuda" playing high school basketball in Alaska — was pumped through the streets of Lebanon, Ohio on Tuesday morning at an outdoor rally before the GOP ticket showed up.

Earlier: Heart condemns McCain-Palin use of 'Barracuda'

When the song was played after Palin's convention speech last week, the band members quickly requested that McCain and Palin pull the plug.

"Sarah Palin's views and values in no way represent us as American women," Ann and Nancy Wilson told Entertainment Weekly. "We ask that our song 'Barracuda' no longer be used to promote her image."

But the McCain camp said last week that it had paid for and obtained all necessary licenses before using the song.

And the band's former guitarist, Roger Fisher, told Reuters last week that the McCain camp’s use of the song benefited both sides: Republicans get "the ingenious placement of a kick-ass song" — and Heart gets headlines and royalties. Part of that money, said Fisher, would be heading to the Arizona senator’s opponent: "With my contribution to Obama's campaign, the Republicans are now supporting Obama," he told Reuters.

I'd suggest people who have query regarding usage of a song on advertising to read the following thread:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83620#7

I just need a description of the commercial and a rough idea when it was shown .. as far as I know it has only been shown on T.V there are a lot of different promo spots for this movie .. A number of people have posted about it , I don't know anything about it and since I wrote the song it is very important to me to find out if they are using it .
Thank you for your help
Tim Polecat

;)

Last edited:
The NFL Network using Morrissey song for ad

I just saw a TV ad for the NFL Network using "Everyday is like Sunday". I can't find the ad on you tube so I'm assuming its just that new.
It has a priest and nuns watching games they missed on Sunday, and some odd groups of people together for the game.

I wondered what took them so long to use that song for a football ad... I wonder who made the choice, I'd like to see how that went through ha ha

Re: The NFL Network using Morrissey song for ad

thanks kewpie. but you know i dont ever go into general discussion when he's not touring in the US!

i thought it was a very good impersonation :p
i actually did not know that was your rule, though i hardly go there either, i just remembered that thread for some reason.

i thought it was a very good impersonation :p
i actually did not know that was your rule, though i hardly go there either, i just remembered that thread for some reason.

i just dont have that much to talk about that concerns mainly MOrrissey, you know what I mean? and the frink thread scares me.:eek:

i just dont have that much to talk about that concerns mainly MOrrissey, you know what I mean? and the frink thread scares me.:eek:

it is a very scary thread.
i only use that part of the forum if i see something that catches my eye, off topic is certainly where it is at.

They use some podonk country-western singer to sing it, not Moz.

Also, they only use the line "Everyday is Like Sunday." Nothing about Armegeddon, unfortunately.

I'm sure the irony of who the ad's target base is not lost on Moz. :rolleyes::guitar:

If Morrissey did give his permission to use the song would that be a terrible thing? What have people got against sport? It's not like him saying OK to MacDonalds or something.

OMG... I can now say I've heard this gawd-awful "Sunday" cover. :sick:

On a positive note, the Bears stuffed the Eagles 3x at the goal line at the end of the 4th Q and hung on & win 24-20 :guitar:

On a positive note, the Bears stuffed the Eagles 3x at the goal line at the end of the 4th Q and hung on & win 24-20 :guitar:

As an Eagles fan, I blame Andy Reid for this loss.....nice play calling at the end, very creative.....NOT!

I have no problem with football but that is a total bastardization of one of the most beautiful songs ever written. It does seem rather odd that Mozzer would be up for this.

This NFL commercial continues still. The cover is nauseating and the thought of Morrissey giving permission is very saddening. What is next?...
"Interesting Drug" for Walgreens?
Hershey's using "Let Me Kiss You"
Lipitor using "Now My Heart Is Full"

Back
Top Bottom