Nick Cave announces tour dates

selfvalidation

Ill advised
Hi

Just to let any Nick Cave fans he has announced a tour, on sale friday

also, if anyone is a fan, any guesstimations on how much the tickets will be?

thanks

lucia

About £30 plus the usual fees I expect. I am hoping to see him/them in London or Dublin or both. New material sounds great too. Goodluck with tickets. Two shows listed on See/gigsandtours but no sign of a pre-sale yet. I am checking regularly.

If they are thirty that would be a slight relief on my purse strings as i was expecting about 40-45
I'm a relatively new Nick Cave fan but truly love his material. My fave album so far is No More Shall We Part. I love the new single as well, so funky!
Good luck to you as well. Have you seen him before? I imagine as there is only 1 London date it will sell out, do you expect that? X

Yes I expect London will sell out very quickly, relatively short tour for someone as popular as him but thats that. I was dead annoyed that there is no Manchester date as yet. Plenty of dates in Europe too but only 4 for the whole of the UK and Ireland. I would have thought £30 is about right, might come to about £36 or so with fees and that but worth every penny! I have seen him 5 times in various forms, three full Seeds line-ups one solo with three of the seeds and as Grinderman last year in London. No More...is I think his best single album, Abattoir Blues/Lyre.. double album is very good too but hard to compare as one is a double album.

My first Nick Cave experience was Henry's Dream (obviously not the best first album to listen to) about 4 years ago and only returned to him when my friend lent me Abbatoir Blues/Lyre...
There are some fantastic tracks on those albums, O children is a wonderful powerful song.
There are some dates free after the London date which makes me think he may add some due to the demand. I really like Grinderman as well!!! So lucky you saw them, how was that gig?

Grinderman was very heavy to be honest as the album is. I do like the haunting violin based stuff too though and Grinderman was missing that. Hoping for more dates but not every artist announces concert dates like Morrissey does so not risking it. Nick must be due back to Australia or the US sometime soon so there might not be another chance.

With prolific artists such as Cave and Morrissey I do often wonder when the last chance to see them will be, so i don't like to take chances on missing out!
Good luck and let me know!

Yeah you too, will let you know either way (on Friday about 2 minutes past nine in the morning)!! Goodluck!

The new single is really great, far better than Morrissey's new effort i have to say...one of his worst singles but i'm going off topic now. Morrissey fronting the bad seeds...now that would be quite something.

Got my London tickets, still available last time I looked. Hope you all managed to get what you wanted.

Yes a real grower that one, the B side to it is great too. Bought the promo for the single on eBay a couple of weeks ago. Really looking forward to the album and the concert too!

My second favourite artiste after Morrissey.
A superb, consistent body of work.
"The Boatman's Call" is possibly my favourite, but every album has treasures galore.
If I don't get tickets for Dublin tomorrow, I shall cry...

2nd London date added for THURSDAY 8th. He is doing a Morrissey in relation to announcing the dates in drips, unless he actually turns up in which case he is nothing like Morrissey:)!

Back
Top Bottom