Nicola Sturgeon responds to concert attack by 'huge talent' Morrissey - The National

H

Halloway

And so the Nicola Sturgeon story edges ever closer to silliness...

Nicola Sturgeon responds to concert attack by 'huge talent' Morrissey - The National

NICOLA Sturgeon has responded to songwriter and arch-Brexiteer Morrissey, after he made a jibe at the First Minister during a concert in Scotland.

Performing at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow at the weekend, the former Smiths frontman asked concert-goers during a break between songs: “I am curious. Do any of you actually like Nicola Sturgeon?”

The 58-year-old musician, who backed a Leave vote in the European referendum, then added: “Those hands will be in anybody’s pocket.”

His comments halfway through the Saturday night gig provoked a mix of cheers and boos, but fans disagreed about who they were directed against.

However, Nicola Sturgeon has now shared her thoughts on the incident.

Speaking to Paul Ward for PA, she said that while she was not a huge fan of The Smiths she had always thought of Morrissey as a "huge talent".

However, she continued, that she thought people probably went to his concerts to hear his music rather then his political views.

In October 2016 he hailed the UK-wide vote to leave the EU as “magnificent” and has previously told of his admiration for former Ukip leader Nigel Farage and how he almost voted for Ukip.

He previously backed the Yes campaign movement ahead of the independence referendum in 2014, saying Scotland needed to leave the “United King-dumb”.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted some tenuous media stuff in my time here during information droughts, but this is just utter garbage.
We are talking (possibly) about a few seated (?) people. If you look at the pit, there's no way in hell anyone noticed people picking up their bags and heading for any exits - and if they did leave to use the khazi or buy a plastic cup of beer for 6 quid, they certainly weren't returning to the same spot they left - so other explanations are equally feasible.
This is one tweet and a Facebook comment bearing 'witness' to this 'hashtag outrage' comment allegedly inspiring all these people 'storming' off - then spun by some local rag 'journos' and then picked up by the popularity algorithm whores.
It's beyond a non-story.
Regards,
FWD.

I've posted some tenuous media stuff in my time here during information droughts, but this is just utter garbage.
We are talking (possibly) about a few seated (?) people. If you look at the pit, there's no way in hell anyone noticed people picking up their bags and heading for any exits - and if they did leave to use the khazi or buy a plastic cup of beer for 6 quid, they certainly weren't returning to the same spot they left - so other explanations are equally feasible.
This is one tweet and a Facebook comment bearing 'witness' to this 'hashtag outrage' comment allegedly inspiring all these people 'storming' off - then spun by some local rag 'journos' and then picked up by the popularity algorithm whores.
It's beyond a non-story.
Regards,
FWD.

Believe me, FWD, this is what constitutes BIG NEWS up in this shithole.

The top NEWS story last Friday teatime was the appointment of the new Scotland football manager. That took up 7 minutes of 'journalism'.

Next story ~ a 13 year old girl was raped today in Bannockburn. Police are looking for suspects, blah blah blah...

More fitba later.

And the fact that Moz is a sassenach singer is the real kicker.

The shock when she realises no one gives a flaming f*** about her and her poxy little country on benefits.

Full statement from Nicola:

"A hoot is this aboot I cannae longer feel my fanny cause of the fecking bufty. Nay to hem de munchy bugger alreet".

England should be allowed to bomb Scotland into oblivion starting today.

Morrissey more controversial than Oxfam, really important to shift focus for the snowflakes.

It's beyond a non-story.
Regards,
FWD.

I heard that everyone left.
Before
6020854.jpg

After
pre_show_by_the_ultimate_evil-d3ehvel.jpg

I heard that everyone left.
Before
6020854.jpg

After
pre_show_by_the_ultimate_evil-d3ehvel.jpg
They used the CNN cameras for Trump's inauguration. Fake news is now the norm. The entire crowd cheered when he had a go at Nicola. Remember she lost that idependence election so there are more scots against her than for her.
Simples!

Moz hates her cause he sees a new Maggie in her is all. I also expect a statement from Moz stating that scottish people are subspecies.

It's beyond a non-story.
Regards,
FWD.

In other words, Morrissey got exactly what he was looking for when he said it. Publicity. Are you new around here?

Scottish people are great if we can judge a whole nation as one and in this case I think we can. Also they have the best cows.
59d490ce0fb07_mjpxF6A__700.jpg

If Morrissey wants people to stop eating burgers he should put this on a shirt.

Sorry for my ignorance... what's the usual meaning of “Those hands will be in anybody’s pocket.”

Sorry for my ignorance... what's the usual meaning of “Those hands will be in anybody’s pocket.”
Someone living in Argentina should know the meaning of it as it is the very culture of your banana republic. Your footballers for one did it all their careers and I am looking at you Maradona and Aguero. Aguero dropped Maradonas daughter like she was hot coal and moved on and the dad Maradona got so mad he lost some weight but was soon back in his usual heavyweight weight.

Scottish people are great if we can judge a whole nation as one and in this case I think we can. Also they have the best cows.
59d490ce0fb07_mjpxF6A__700.jpg

If Morrissey wants people to stop eating burgers he should put this on a shirt.

Had them for breakfast today and I'm still spitting fur.

BURP!

Eat meat or look like a zombie.

Someone living in Argentina should know the meaning of it as it is the very culture of your banana republic. Your footballers for one did it all their careers and I am looking at you Maradona and Aguero. Aguero dropped Maradonas daughter like she was hot coal and moved on and the dad Maradona got so mad he lost some weight but was soon back in his usual heavyweight weight.

Now I'm totally confused.

IMHO:
It is a play on the idea of the Scottish stereotype of being tight with money and then tying that to the idea that England props up Scotland financially. So she'd be helping herself to money out of other people's pockets.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom