Nigel Godrich will produce Morrissey's 10th studio album?

Kewpie

Subscriber
An anonymous person posted this in mainpage:

Morrissey hasn't been recording in France. He has been working on some demo tracks at St. Catherine's Court in Bath.
According to my source he has also had preliminary discussions with Nigel Godrich - Radiohead to product the material. This may relate to the sighting at EMI last week. Unfortunately nothing will occur tell late Fall as Boz is currently booked and busy working with other bands.

I hope Tony Visconti will produce next album, but if it's true it will be very interesting.

Last edited:
This would be fantastic news if true. Radiohead were one of my other favourite bands at the peak of my Smiths fandom. The two bands always seemed like kindred spirits to me. A possible return to the old school for Morrissey.

Great news and more exciting news . . . . why wait for Mr Boorer? Why not some exciting new blood . . . definitely required.

:)

If this is true, it could be an interesting pairing.

Godrich is quite a flexible producer and tends to work to the artist's strengths while adding just a little of his own trademark quirkiness.

I loved his work with The Divine Comedy. 'Eye of the Needle' and 'Lost Property' were lovely songs.

Here's hoping.

Anyone called Nigel gets my vote for producing a Moz album, no it's good he's worked with Radiohead. Me like The Radioheads too.

Re: JOHN LECKIE will produce Morrissey's 10th studio album?

Hmm, another anonymous post in mainpage:

The "preliminary discussions" have been with producer John Leckie, NOT Godrich. Leckie has also worked with Radiohead.

If this is true, it could be an interesting pairing.

Leckie is quite a flexible producer and tends to work to the artist's strengths while adding just a little of his own trademark quirkiness.

I loved his work with The Stone Roses. 'Waterfall' and 'She Bangs the Drum' were lovely songs.

Here's hoping.

:)

Hmm, another anonymous post in mainpage:

According to my sources Morrissey has written a concept album about the mating cycle of the hump-back whale which is to be made into a rock opera and then a Hollywood movie starring the famous Sheridan f***wit.

Forget Boz, bring Gannon if they can't find one! Or better still...get Morrissey's ex-right hand man, Mr Marr! (Long Shot, Long Shot...I know)

I don't know why anyone would want Boz out. Of course new blood is always nice, but that doesn't mean the veteran players should leave too. :crazy:

Moz might be going back to old school, he might be making a sound similar to his recent albums, or he might be doing something completely different. Speaking frankly, I don't really care what sound he's going for. The man's made thirteen unique and enthralling studio albums during his lifetime and each one is a gem to be treasured. I trust Morrissey more than anyone else to make quality music.

In other words, Morrissey can do whatever the hell he wants to do. He's never let me down and he's probably incapable of doing so.

I don't know why anyone would want Boz out. Of course new blood is always nice, but that doesn't mean the veteran players should leave too. :crazy:

Moz might be going back to old school, he might be making a sound similar to his recent albums, or he might be doing something completely different. Speaking frankly, I don't really care what sound he's going for. The man's made thirteen unique and enthralling studio albums during his lifetime and each one is a gem to be treasured. I trust Morrissey more than anyone else to make quality music.

In other words, Morrissey can do whatever the hell he wants to do. He's never let me down and he's probably incapable of doing so.

I like the cut of your jib :thumb:

Godrich would be interesting at least. Leckie much less so.

Although I have heard Godrich has a somewhat abrasive, confrontational producing style which I can't see suiting Morrissey...

it will be interesting to hear what the result would be if it does happen. As for the boz thing. I dont think he should ever get rid of him or ever will but I would like to see what another writer would bring to morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom