Nine Inch Nails give away free download (High Def) - that almost nobody will download

The Seeker of Good Songs

Getting over 3 Nine Inch Nails shows for free in High Definition quality, who wouldn't sign for that you'd think? Not many so it seems as the material is only available as a download of... over 400 GB via bitTorrent! The raw, unedited footage was filmed with multiple consumer HDV cameras during three separate shows of Nine Inch Nails' 'Lights in the Sky' tour: Victoria (12.05.08), Portland (12.07.08) and Sacramento (12.12.08).

Here are the links:
For those that start to show signs of despair, don't worry, have a look here.

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=38781_0_2_0_C

Re: Nine Inch Nails give away free download (High Def) - that almost nobody will down

When Trent said he'd have a "holiday gift" for us, I was kind of hoping for some new songs... but this is pretty cool too, if only for the eventual fan DVD that will come of it. The NIN show I saw a few months ago was one of the best concerts I've ever seen, and I'm very glad that fans are stepping up in light of Trent's old record label gumming up plans for a DVD release. It'd be a shame for there not to be some kind of document of the tour. I just hope the final product is well-done; I'm a little concerned about the seeming lack of a soundboard-quality recording from one of the three shows to complement the video. Maybe Trent will surprise us again.

And this is just nitpicking, but I really really hope the people involved decide on a different name than "This one's on us." That just sounds cheesy.

Re: Nine Inch Nails give away free download (High Def) - that almost nobody will down

Yeah, not too many people can download that, but what a brilliant idea. The issues with the record label have lead to an extension of the open-source concept that NIN has been embracing with the multi-tracks. Trent will go down in history not just for his music, but for all of the massive industry changes he has made or helped to make within the last 5 years.

I'm a little concerned about the seeming lack of a soundboard-quality recording from one of the three shows to complement the video. Maybe Trent will surprise us again.
As far as I know, the footage of all 3 shows comes with pre-mixed soundboard audio.

jesus christ thats a lot of memory, im fairly certain only Penn Gillette and a select few workers from the Pentagon have that much memory.

Back
Top Bottom