NME - Babybird slates Morrissey

I was there. Stephen Jones did in fact take the mick as the NME quoted and he also mentioned the 'I smell burning meat' incident. I laughed. It was funny but you had to be there. Soon after he asked for requests and I was tempted to ask for HSIN but bottled out :)

Afterwards he was in the bar chatting to people and my friend gave him a hug and a brooch.

He was quite funny throughout the evening and there was lots of laughter; of course the NME does not mention this as he kept having a go at the journalists. I don't see much difference between the things he was saying and what Moz said about Michael Booblay at Ally Pally. He doesn't really give a monkey's about anyone and will do his own thing, much like Moz. They both do their best to hold on to their artistic integrity and both have similar issues with the media.

Stephen Jones is a fantastic singer and dark and funny lyricist. A song like 'Failed Suicide Club' which starts off with a list of ways to get into the club is both morbid and funny. Who else do we know like that?

Don't pay any attention to what the NME says. Does anyone anyway?

how many times does morrissey take a swipe or poke at a fellow celebrity? if he gives it ,it wont harm to take it a bit too, IT WAS A LIGHT HEARTED JOKE!

Back
Top Bottom