NME: Owner of 'cannibalistic' Icelandic venue says Morrissey never asked them to go meat-free

I never claimed that he used to be less controversial, or that he didn't used to slate celebrities, the royals, government, meat eaters, etc. etc. I wrote that when he made controversial statements they were followed up with articulate explanations as to why he felt the way he did about all of these things much more frequently than we see these days. He certainly did attempt to explain, for example, why he found Thatcher so repugnant that he wished she'd die in a bombing, or why he felt sympathetic toward right-wing groups for the way they were treated by the media. Maybe not every controversial statement was elaborated upon, but he was more willing to expand his views beyond hyperbole. Maybe you're onto something with the TTY observation, though. He seems to use that as a mouthpiece much more than the press these days, and perhaps consequently he feels less of a need to justify himself when he's operating on his own terms. He's not always on the defensive anymore.

This is the nub. NEVER apologise, NEVER explain. Comment on TTY, run away. In his own time. Never, ever live interviews. He never wants to lose control in the communication.

P.

Last edited:
This is the nub. NEVER apologise, NEVER explain. Comment on TTY, run away. In his own time. Never, ever live interviews. He never wants to lose control in the communication.

P.

:D

to behave on your demand...

i'm glad he doesn't.

p.s. word 'cannibalistic' wasn't appropriately used - but it's his association - he has every right to use it, common sense reader will understand, those with logical inability will argue days after.

It's funny how all you bad teeth fat Brits and Euros always rag on Americans on this board that was created by a guy that lives in LA and every time I see a Kickball riot on the news in some place like Croatia or Westsandwichunited, England all you freaks are wearing Gap, Abercrombie, Nike, or Hollister sweatshirts and Yankee and Red Sox baseball caps or some other American sports team.

It's funny how all you bad teeth fat Brits and Euros always rag on Americans on this board that was created by a guy that lives in LA and every time I see a Kickball riot on the news in some place like Croatia or Westsandwichunited, England all you freaks are wearing Gap, Abercrombie, Nike, or Hollister sweatshirts and Yankee and Red Sox baseball caps or some other American sports team.

You need to lay of the crystal meth and get some education son or are you just having a laugh with your other 12 year old mates

Last edited:
The only person that goes on and on is you, your only posts are slagging off brits/euros.

Oh the irony
It's funny how all you ever do is rag on about brits on this board when the site that this is dedicated to is a brit, oh and your UN is a british band too!

Anonymouswithapologies;1986904005 p.s. word 'cannibalistic' wasn't appropriately used - but it's his association - [B said:
he has every right to use it, common sense reader will understand, those with logical inability will argue days after.[/B]

That is absurd. One doesn't get to create new meanings for words. Cannibalism is the act of one individual consuming all or part of a member of its own species as food. (Therefore, swallowing doesn't count unless it is lunch.) Humans can only cannibalize other humans. Cats can only cannibalize cats. Anthropology 101. Morrissey must have skipped that class.

Moz's next book title: Meat Eaters: The Cannibals, Pedophiles, and Murderers Among Us

Last edited:
That is absurd. One doesn't get to create new meanings for words. Cannibalism is the act of one individual consuming all or part of a member of its same species as food. (Therefore, swallowing doesn't count unless it is lunch.) Humans can only cannibalize other humans. Cats can only cannibalize cats. Anthropology 101. Morrissey must have skipped that class.

Moz's next book title: Meat Eaters: The Cannibals, Pedophiles, and Murderers Among Us

Not to mention The Fine Young Cannibals...whose music I quite enjoyed in the 80s :D Next thing you know they will get slagged as well. :guitar:

That is absurd. One doesn't get to create new meanings for words. Cannibalism is the act of one individual consuming all or part of a member of its own species as food. (Therefore, swallowing doesn't count unless it is lunch.) Humans can only cannibalize other humans. Cats can only cannibalize cats. Anthropology 101. Morrissey must have skipped that class.

This whole thing is weird. I wonder if "Cannibalistic" was a deliberate thought out word choice and is really the world as M sees it. I think it's too obvious to be an oversight. I do believe this TTY was (as most others) fueled by his intense love and respect for animals and belief that they are our equal. I respect his belly fire but am confused by the delivery.I wonder if this whole thing makes sense to him:confused:

Not to mention The Fine Young Cannibals...whose music I quite enjoyed in the 80s :D Next thing you know they will get slagged as well. :guitar:

She drives me crazy (ooh ooh). Love that song! :) If you are interested in cultural anthropology, Marvin Harris' Cannibals and Kings is a great read.

She drives me crazy (ooh ooh). Love that song! :) If you are interested in cultural anthropology, Marvin Harris' Cannibals and Kings is a great read.

Something we agree on, they also did a fabulous cover of Buzzcocks Ever Fallen In love (with someone you shouldn't have)

posters with logical inability - the stage is all yours!

this thread has nothing with morrissey and his statement:D, looks like nobody writes about nothing.

p.s. i'll wait for topic where people will actually say something meaningful and interesting, i hope it'll appear.

Yea! Great cover.

Dancing in my chair.

Wow, have not seen that for a long time, the wonderful Roland Gift. Buzzcocks are one of my favourite bands whom I see 2/3 times a year. That cover, in my opinion is one of the best ever, they managed to keep the personality of the song, while playing it in a completely different style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea! Great cover.

Dancing in my chair.

What a great use of clips from the movie Something Wild in the video. That was a great movie. She is DEFINITELY someone he shouldn't have fallen in love with. Ray Liotta scared the hell out of me in that movie. Cannibals scare the hell out of me too :eek: (staying on topic Kewpie ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
So true. I hate when ignorant people attack others based on their own ignorant miscomprehensions. That's what a-holes like Jamie do. Who really believes that BroomBoy is a vegan who embraces self-described butchers and attacks outspoken vegetarians?

Except that in context, he was talking about Chinese CIRCUS MANAGERS as most people with brains understood. This is yet another instance of wilful misquoting passing into accepted "fact" due to the anti-Morrissey agenda of this site. Funny how the usual suspects pretend to examine every detail of his vocabulary, grammar and syntax for "evidence" that will discredit him, yet they don't apply the same rigorous analysis to context. And that's leaving aside the whole issue of hyperbole and rhetoric which is frequently ignored (it's also leaving aside the fact that those doing the expert linguistic analysis on behalf of So_Low often write the most tedious verbiage themselves - but then hypocrisy is one of the defining characteristics of this site). You could look at writings by any number of artists, journalists or politicians and make the same ludicrous assertions about their imprecise use of language, but nobody does so because everyone, apart from the sad twats on here, knows it's an utterly futile exercise.

Wow, have not seen that for a long time, the wonderful Roland Gift. Buzzcocks are one of my favourite bands whom I see 2/3 times a year. That cover, in my opinion is one of the best ever, they managed to keep the personality of the song, while playing it in a completely different style.

Agree. It's excellent.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom