NME: Owner of 'cannibalistic' Icelandic venue says Morrissey never asked them to go meat-free

What a great use of clips from the movie Something Wild in the video. That was a great movie. She is DEFINITELY someone he shouldn't have fallen in love with. Ray Liotta scared the hell out of me in that movie. Cannibals scare the hell out of me too :eek: (staying on topic Kewpie ;))

Can you believe I have never seen that film. Gonna try to watch it tomorrow.

Can you believe I have never seen that film. Gonna try to watch it tomorrow.

You should. A little violent at the end, but the movie has a great arch. Much like our boy's career. Jeff Daniels, Ray Liotta and Melanie Griffith at their best. You will enjoy it! As for your book selection...does it have pictures? :)

You should. A little violent at the end, but the movie has a great arch. Much like our boy's career. Jeff Daniels, Ray Liotta and Melanie Griffith at their best. You will enjoy it! As for your book selection...does it have pictures? :)

My copy doesn't have pictures. :p

16442565786_fb2dde7fce_m.jpg
15846063344_926693eb9c_m.jpg

But it is an interesting, easy read. If you love it, follow it up with Our Kind--my bible. Hehe.

This whole thing is weird. I wonder if "Cannibalistic" was a deliberate thought out word choice and is really the world as M sees it. I think it's too obvious to be an oversight. I do believe this TTY was (as most others) fueled by his intense love and respect for animals and belief that they are our equal. I respect his belly fire but am confused by the delivery.I wonder if this whole thing makes sense to him:confused:

He most likely regards all living creatures to be one species. So any animal eating another animal is cannibalistic. According to his logic, that means his late cat, Tibby, was a cannibal as well. A fine, young, feline cannibal. :p

My copy doesn't have pictures. :p

16442565786_fb2dde7fce_m.jpg
15846063344_926693eb9c_m.jpg

But it is an interesting, easy read. If you love it, follow it up with Our Kind--my bible. Hehe.

The type seems small. Is it available in an audiobook? :pray: Maybe I will pay one of my hired help to read it to me during these cold nights. I am more of a numbers than a letters guy :D

The type seems small. Is it available in an audiobook? :pray: Maybe I will pay one of my hired help to read it to me during these cold nights. I am more of a numbers than a letters guy :D

Unfortunately there is no audio book. I'm afraid you will have to ask Jeeves to read it to you. Before you get started, though, think he could pop over to my place and draw me a bath?

You write very well for a numbers guy.

Unfortunately there is no audio book. I'm afraid you will have to ask Jeeves to read it to you. Before you get started, though, think he could pop over to my place and draw me a bath?

I guess you could say I'm illiterate...as in things literary make me ill ;) I much prefer movies...from the classics to the comical and all things in between. I believe writing draws upon intellect and reading upon patience. Unfortunately, I was blessed with the former and not the latter.

I guess you could say I'm illiterate...as in things literary make me ill ;)

:lbf:

I am not big on literature either--99.9 percent of what I read is non-fiction.

I much prefer movies...from the classics to the comical and all things in between.

I prefer film as well. Love documentaries.

I believe writing draws upon intellect and reading upon patience. Unfortunately, I was blessed with the former and not the latter.

Knowledge is fuel for the brain which makes us better thinkers and writers. But that knowledge certainly does not need to come in the form of the written word. A great movie can open up all sorts of pathways to knowing.

Uh, the subject is, "cannibalistic, flesh eating, bloodlust". Back on topic...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't be too sensitive in this world. There are people who want to kill you. And eat you. With Fava Beans.

I find myself hungry all of a sudden.

"cannibalistic , flesh eating, bloodlust." Ever really listen to Morrissey's song, I'm Not a Man ? Especially the bloodcurdling death screams at the end? It approaches the problem from a different angle but is similar in content to Slayer's World Painted Blood. Very similar to Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

The whole human theater could end with cannibalistic, flesh eating hordes roaming the country side looking for sustenance. Morrissey knows this. He knows that people will have to change to avoid this ending. Slayer knows it too but they don't think people can change. In this sense Morrissey's message is hopeful. I give Morrissey credit for sticking to his convictions even if it could destroy his career.

"cannibalistic , flesh eating, bloodlust." Ever really listen to Morrissey's song, I'm Not a Man ? Especially the bloodcurdling death screams at the end? It approaches the problem from a different angle but is similar in content to Slayer's World Painted Blood. Very similar to Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

The whole human theater could end with cannibalistic, flesh eating hordes roaming the country side looking for sustenance. Morrissey knows this. He knows that people will have to change to avoid this ending. Slayer knows it too but they don't think people can change. In this sense Morrissey's message is hopeful. I give Morrissey credit for sticking to his convictions even if it could destroy his career.

Taking Morrissey's personality into account, I would say his approach to his own character flaws is one of resignation--that he can't and won't change his fundamental nature. So I don't read hope into that song or any song of his. He is a cynical pessimist to the core.

Me too. The Road is a brilliant book and a very good film too. It's a frightening thought that it could all come to this.

Well...with insane cults like ISIS in the world cutting peoples' heads off we seem to be well on our way. At the pace humanity is devolving, it would behoove us all to keep a close eye on our hind quarters. :paranoid:

Me too. The Road is a brilliant book and a very good film too. It's a frightening thought that it could all come to this.

Yes it could. And if Morrissey was a pessimist, why would he care about animals or people? He,s got his moments of doubt and fear just like all of us but he obviously cares.

Yes it could. And if Morrissey was a pessimist, why would he care about animals or people? He,s got his moments of doubt and fear just like all of us but he obviously cares.

What people does he care about? Dead idols? Pessimism is a world view--a negative filter through which one views everything. You can care deeply and still believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom