NME: Owner of 'cannibalistic' Icelandic venue says Morrissey never asked them to go meat-free

CHARLATAN ! CHARLATAN ! CHARLATAN ! CHARLATAN ! CHARLATAN !
"Devious, trucelent and unreliable " CRANK, Tosserrey McMorrissey, one not to be trusted. Muppet, Pinocchio, boy who cried wolf, performing monkey.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

once again you called it, benny.

get ready for a truculent, dramatic tour. lol

Morrissey's terms (not "demands") aren't capricious. They're consistent & reasonable. Don't you oppose murder? I agree with AgathaC.

Are you confused? Thinking of Easter Island perhaps? Iceland is in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, convenient for London and New York City so I'd go and have a lie-down. Then dig out your old school atlas.

Everyone should immediately comply with Morrissey's capricious demands because: a crackpot fan called AgathaC says so. Makes total sense.

best
BB

His meat phobia is beginning to look like a bad case of OCD. Irrational. Anxiety based. Self-serving. Self-destructive. Neurotic. And annoying as hell to those around him.

Last edited:
Keep talking, Brummie. Keep f***en talking.

His meat phobia is begging to look like a bad case of OCD. Irrational. Anxiety based. Self-serving. Self-destructive. Neurotic. And annoying as hell to those around him.

It's not meat phobia- have you not heard him go on about animal rights?

His meat phobia is begging to look like a bad case of OCD. Irrational. Anxiety based. Self-serving. Self-destructive. Neurotic. And annoying as hell to those around him. hm, i always considered you a bit of a nutter, i admire Morrissey, his anti meat stance is lovely.

Morrissey's terms (not "demands") aren't capricious. They're consistent & reasonable. Don't you oppose murder? I agree with AgathaC.

Murder? What do you think happens to male dairy calves so Morrissey can stuff his gob full of cheese? It's both capricious and ludicrous to ban meat whilst eating cheese.

When Morrissey played the Spektrum Arean in Oslo for the Nobel Peace Concert, did he insist on meat being banned at the venue? Did he insist on other artists on the bill being meat-free? Or is it just his solipsistic bubble world of fans who have to accept his capricious, ridiculous demands?

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

His meat phobia is begging to look like a bad case of OCD. Irrational. Anxiety based. Self-serving. Self-destructive. Neurotic. And annoying as hell to those around him.

It's a phobia about flesh and blood, death and decay. He foists it on to animal rights issues to disguise the fact that it's actually a mental health issue.

best
BB

Murder? What do you think happens to male dairy calves so Morrissey can stuff his gob full of cheese? It's both capricious and ludicrous to ban meat whilst eating cheese.

When Morrissey played the Spektrum Arean in Oslo for the Nobel Peace Concert, did he insist on meat being banned at the venue?
best
BB
- - - Updated - - -
It's a phobia about flesh and blood, death and decay. He foists it on to animal rights issues to disguise the fact that it's actually a mental health issue.
best
BB

Of course he didn't, you absolute flipping berk. It wasn't his own concert, so it wasn't his place to dictate to other bands (and their fans) what they eat.
Dear lord, you are an absolute tit at times.

Of course he didn't, you absolute flipping berk. It wasn't his own concert, so it wasn't his place to dictate to other bands (and their fans) what they eat.
Dear lord, you are an absolute tit at times.

So, the reality is he doesn't mind performing in a meat-infested venue so long as the publicity for his career is valuable enough, hence Oslo and the Nobel prize concert. If he had a genuine moral objection to performing in a venue that served meat he'd have refused to play the Nobel show. He didn't because he made a clinical cash calculation about publicity for his upcoming flop WPINOYB.

What we're dealing with here is a petty tyrant who dictates to his captive fan-base and parades that tyranny as an ethical stance, but it's no such thing as he has no problem playing a venue that serves meat if he calculates it's worth it for his future earnings. I call that gross hypocrisy.

best
BB

hm, i always considered you a bit of a nutter, i admire Morrissey, his anti meat stance is lovely.

FAO: AgathaC, please fix your post above, #29.

It's simple, just add [/QUOTE] between "around him." and "hm,"
Thanks.

Last edited:
- but at least c***itude is a well-known and well-practised concept on here.

The meat-free requirement is ALWAYS stipulated, and has been for years, the idea that it wasn't is utter bullshit. But hey, it wouldn't be So_Low without blaming Morrissey for everything even when evidence points to the opposite. Who knows if the alleged comments by the venue representative are even true and not just wilfully misquoted by NME as a bit of mischief-making. After all, it wouldn't be the first time NME has taken quotes out of context, would it?

For all the usual holier-than-thou crap spouted by Skinny and the trolls, common sense appears sadly to be an alien concept in the So-Low camp these days.

Evidence that Morrissey cancelled a gig because the venue wouldn't go meat-free: Morrissey's post on TTY.
Evidence that this topic never came up. Statements by Halldór Guðmundsson from the venue and Lisa Hanson from the promoter of the show.

We have no idea who is telling the truth but Lisa Hanson seems to have no agenda here while Morrissey clearly has one. I have no idea about Guðmundsson but overall this looks more like Morrissey getting caught lying than anything else.

How does Morrissey's ass taste?

So, the reality is he doesn't mind performing in a meat-infested venue so long as the publicity for his career is valuable enough, hence Oslo and the Nobel prize concert. If he had a genuine moral objection to performing in a venue that served meat he'd have refused to play the Nobel show. He didn't because he made a clinical cash calculation about publicity for his upcoming flop WPINOYB.

What we're dealing with here is a petty tyrant who dictates to his captive fan-base and parades that tyranny as an ethical stance, but it's no such thing as he has no problem playing a venue that serves meat if he calculates it's worth it for his future earnings. I call that gross hypocrisy.

best
BB

No, he's just doing the best he can for his cause. Nobody is perfect.

Once again, Moz embarrasses himself. That's what happens when you use a low-rent fan site to issue "official statements". Doesn't this guy have a publicist, or management?????

Once again, Moz embarrasses himself. That's what happens when you use a low-rent fan site to issue "official statements". Doesn't this guy have a publicist, or management?????

No he does not.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom