No Morrissey booksigning in New York on Dec. 12 - @BNUnionSquareNY

UPDATE Dec. 8, 2:40PM PT:

DubbalinGirl posted the link:

The Queue Is Dead: No Morrissey signing in NYC; bookstore announced appearance ‘in error’ - Vanyaland

Excerpt:

Here’s the email we received minutes ago, in full, from a B&N rep:

I’m writing from Barnes & Noble Union Square. There was a miscommunication solely on the part of the store and Morrissey was not scheduled to make an appearance here on 12/12/13 as we had announced in error. We hope to see him in the future, but there is NO scheduled signing for Morrissey at this time. We greatly apologize to his fans and our customers for any inconvenience this has caused.

per twitter its cancelled:

@BNUnionSquareNY - 1:05 PM - 8 Dec 13
We apologize to his fans & our customers for the store's miscommunication. We hope to see him in the future, but no scheduled signing @ time

@BNUnionSquareNY - 1:03 PM - 8 Dec 13
ATTN: There is NO scheduled Morrissey event Thurs 12/12. We GREATLY apologize for our miscommunication. Please call 212.253.0810 w/questions

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell happened there? Need a TTY update to address this, book edits and (probably end of Parlophone deal), starting 2014 w/o any foreseeable plans. I will wait patiently while not hunting seals.

I would say that's a colossal cock up all round. A lesson of our times how in social media rumours can spread so quickly. I do hope no one shelled out for flights to New York just to go to the signing.

Pity really that Morrissey isn't doing a signing as I think his North American fans do deserve one.

I would say that's a colossal cock up all round. A lesson of our times how in social media rumours can spread so quickly. I do hope no one shelled out for flights to New York just to go to the signing.

Pity really that Morrissey isn't doing a signing as I think his North American fans do deserve one.

So do the English ones, someone mentioned being in England and feeling jipped and my heart went out to them. He should maybe just leave it at Sweden.

The PR and marketing for this book has been an absolute farce. From start to finish.

Lets be honest the whole book is a farce, you've all been mugged the guy is an absolute tosser.

Benny-the-Butcher

The PR and marketing for this book has been an absolute farce. From start to finish.
what the f*** are you on about?
The book is a marketing success (and a partial) literary one. He has got a book that really says not much that your average in the know fan didn't know to number one.
Its the fasted selling music auto since records began and this is all mainly due to expert marketing - first the penguin classic outrage and on and on
He hasn't done one interview yet.

I think the marketing has been OK. 30 years might be a lot to invest in marketing a book, but it seems to have worked.

I was in the process of booking a ticket to NY when I checked this site to see what people were saying. Glad I did. (In TX)

Really hope he actually does schedule a signing in NYC in the near future. Such a letdown for a lot of people.

Last edited:
This is a major disappointment! I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep!

I already made plans, no plane tickets or anything major as I live here, but i took off of work and arranged a babysitter for overnight on Wednesday and for Thursday. I was actually a bit embarrassed explaining what I was doing. Still, I was too excited to worry about confirmation. I was surprised to hear this :tears:

I hope he does make it here at some point. :blushing:

So do the English ones, someone mentioned being in England and feeling jipped and my heart went out to them. He should maybe just leave it at Sweden.

Yes, I did mention that.
I know it's a shame for NYC and my American friends but it just didn't seem very fair. I'm glad we're back to public appearance starvation mode.

What wasn't fair about it? Or do you mean it wasn't confirmed from the start? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your interpretation.

Public appearance starvation mode isn't good for Morrissey or his fans. Even when he was in Sweden, thousands of miles from my home, I was happy for everybody who got the chance to be there. Everything about his public appearance was a good thing.

Yes, I did mention that.
I know it's a shame for NYC and my American friends but it just didn't seem very fair. I'm glad we're back to public appearance starvation mode.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom