No One Can Hold A Candle - CD-R acetate promo

I still don't know why that one is number 1 in RC when there are way more rare CD singles like the 3" "Interlude" inhouse and the 5" "Singles" inhouse...
I can't remember the last time I have seen those two..

I still don't know why that one is number 1 in RC when there are way more rare CD singles like the 3" "Interlude" inhouse and the 5" "Singles" inhouse...
I can't remember the last time I have seen those two..

also agree on this.

both those inhouse cds you mention i sold here some years back.

there must be many that have never seen the light of day or have only popped up once or twice for sale.

one item that kills me and i still regret selling was a gold master disc of strangeways. came directly from the studio; only way to tell was the cd matrix code. :(

ahhh live and learn...

To be fair to RC they did say that hardcore items like test pressings, and by that token you would say anything else "in house", were not included in the top 50. That top 50 could be binned and replaced by 50 in house items that only a very select few had the chance to get. Whether you think it is right or wrong, the top 50 is for the majority to have a go at.

Just came across a completed listing of joblot promos, this is where the candle cd-r mustve came from, (before it was listed on its own and bought by me), Just shows how these items can go under the radar and be missed, was on ebay for a full week and not noticed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-1...DEPECHE-METALLICA-MORRISSEY-CAN-/151758675153

image1.JPG

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Blimey, just shows how far you have to search in order not to miss something. Mind you, the auction did make £410 so somebody was on to it. I'm not an expert on the whole lot but I wonder if some of the others had any value or was it mostly because of those 2 rare moz cd-r's on the bottom row. That said, at less than £3 per item it was a win-win lot from any angle you look at it.

Last edited:
Just came across a completed listing of joblot promos, this is where the candle cd-r mustve came from, (before it was listed on its own and bought by me), Just shows how these items can go under the radar and be missed, was on ebay for a full week and not noticed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-1...DEPECHE-METALLICA-MORRISSEY-CAN-/151758675153

View attachment 34598

I rather like the promo covers for "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and "That's How People Grow Up" more than the actuals. On the latter, he was even cheeky enough to use a photo from still a different era of his career. I believe it is from one of the early Oye Esteban dates in 1999.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom