No Roy's Keen on Maladjusted reissue - confirmed

lutewhine

I'm looking at a promo now. Definitely No Papa Jack either.

Heir Apparent is down as "Her Apparent", which you have to hope they sort that before it hits the shelves.

This is really a shame! The track has received a lot of snide comments from people over the years who saw it as fluffy, insubstantial and an effort for publicity at Roy Keane's expense (which as a Man City fan, is always a good thing). I really liked the track, which really livened up 'Maladjusted', which, honestly, does tend to need a more upbeat track to balance the rest of the material. I don't see why the record company is changing ANYTHING about the album. Why didn't they re-release it like Rhino did with Joy Division and New Order: the original album, plus a second cd of b-sides and alternate versions? I'll probably stick with my original, thank you.

Okay, cheers. Also, is the cover art the one that was posted a few days ago?

If you mean this one, yes.

maladjusted-200.jpg

That's outrageous.

It might be a bit of a rubbish track but how can anyone resist a smile when he sings "dunking the chamois"?

If you mean this one, yes.

maladjusted-200.jpg

Same hideous font also, lutewhine?

I understand Morrissey's desire to tweak and "correct" as he see fits - it is the artist's right to assert. But I'm also a firm believer in allowing the total work - warts and all - to be preserved in a remastered/reissued format. The "skip" button still exists, as far as I know. That said, the omissions are as interesting or telling as what has been added - or not added (i.e., Kit, I Know Who I Love).

They may not be the best tunes he ever had a hand in writing, but I think Alain had some interesting musical twists going on at the end of Papa Jack and the backing vocals at the coda of Roy's Keen lifted the song above the murky production and flat punchline.

Cheers,
Jamie

Wow - lot of anger here. Mozzer isn't going to personally come around to your house and burn all the original copies of Maladjusted, you know. ;)

Same hideous font also, lutewhine?

Yep.

The promos are in those plastic sleeve deals with inkjet printed paper inserts. So, the lettering looks a lot more orange on my copy, but that may not be indicative of what hits the shelves.

Tags
roy's keen
Back
Top Bottom