Noel Gallagher: 'The Smiths may reunite'

An anonymous person sends the link:

Noel Gallagher: 'The Smiths may reunite' - Digital Spy

The High Flying Birds singer-songwriter believes there is a possibility that founding members Morrissey and Johnny Marr could reunite 25 years after their acrimonious split.

Gallagher is quoted by Contactmusic as saying: "The one everybody would like to see is The Smiths and they say it's not going to happen."

The former Oasis star referred to the Stone Roses, who made a surprise comeback in October, in support of his comments.

"But they said the Roses wouldn't happen and they said Led Zeppelin wouldn't happen," he added.

Both Morrissey and Marr have in the past strenuously refuted claims that The Smiths will return.

Last edited:
Let's keep onme thing in mind-sound. Morrissey's current band sounds better than the Smiths did. Especially playing Smiths songs. Morrissey has already been offered a ton of cash to do this at Coachella and he turned it down. He's richer now than he was then so there is 100% no way this reunion will ever happen. Reunions are pathetic and I'm glad this hasn't gone down.

Morrissey should be quite excited and delighted to hear he has earned himself more awards. These are well deserved and will be provided to him shortly. He will be so thrilled with the achievement and he should be proud to be the recipient of these awards now and more in the future.
I want to take the baby out of the playpen and play with him and undress him. I love him. We are having a baby and what do you want to name it. Miss him. We are the same.

Morrissey should be quite excited and delighted to hear he has earned himself more awards. These are well deserved and will be provided to him shortly. He will be so thrilled with the achievement and he should be proud to be the recipient of these awards now and more in the future.
I want to take the baby out of the playpen and play with him and undress him. I love him. We are having a baby and what do you want to name it. Miss him. We are the same.

WTF ? Name your baby, "dead"! "First of the gang to die", it was!

hahaha... Who the f*** wrote this headline?? ...and who cares what noel gallagher thinks? And to compare morrissey or marr to the stone roses? Hmm...

fookin' nice one mate! That's proper sound like!

I for one hope they never re-form - despite sadly never having seen them live during the 80's - their music has been with me for the last 25 years and still remains some of the most inspiring, beautiful music around. It would be such a shame to tarnish their memory by re-forming (for money aka Stone Roses, Pixies) - some things should remain in the past like a beautiful memory or dream - besides I doubt Morrissey needs the money - here's hoping he tours the UK again soon - that will be enough for me!

Heaven knows am mizzerebull now!!
For dose of you dat do not know me I am Joey Bartonbridge (bad boy of de english football premiyer leege like)
Oh yeh!! I am also de Smiffs biggist fan and i reed alod of fings like people like Izimbard kingdum bruno and de road to blackpool pier by Gorge or Well.
Anyways ave had aproper shitten today big time cause a scored a goal like bud den a gorra sendin off playin Knorwich!!!! of all the teems eh!!!!!!

What?????? Yer what??????? A DID DOH DIND A DOH !!!! A DID A DID A DID DOH!!!! COME ON DEN!!!!!! COME HEAD!!!!!!COME HEAD!!!!!!! AL KNOK YER KIN HEAD OFF YOU DIVVY

This will be sad if this is the sort of news that awaits us . Please Moz, sign a deal, release your book, plan a tour, save us from these dullards.

Who would benefit from this? Not Morrissey? He can play whatever Smiths songs he'd like as a solo artist and he does so already, without being limited to ONLY Smiths songs. How great will the money be? I do not believe that this sort of reunion would fetch the mega-millions that has been discussed, at least not worldwide. Trust me, a Morrissey/Marr reunion is NOT the same thing as Page and Plant. The fans would not benefit because they will only get the Smiths catalog, and a lot of folks, myself included, find Morrissey's solo material to be equal to, if not better than, the Smiths stuff. So, there figures to be a handsome payday for Marr. But, he's had a solid career as well, by his own rights, so why would he want to go on tour, playing guitar in the background, while Morrissey preens about the front of the stage, singing 25 year old songs?
It just does not make sense and honestly, I can't see anyone in the fanbase really pining for this sort of reunion, since you KNOW that Joyce and Rourke will not be involved.

Who would benefit from this? Not Morrissey? He can play whatever Smiths songs he'd like as a solo artist and he does so already, without being limited to ONLY Smiths songs. How great will the money be? I do not believe that this sort of reunion would fetch the mega-millions that has been discussed, at least not worldwide. Trust me, a Morrissey/Marr reunion is NOT the same thing as Page and Plant. The fans would not benefit because they will only get the Smiths catalog, and a lot of folks, myself included, find Morrissey's solo material to be equal to, if not better than, the Smiths stuff. So, there figures to be a handsome payday for Marr. But, he's had a solid career as well, by his own rights, so why would he want to go on tour, playing guitar in the background, while Morrissey preens about the front of the stage, singing 25 year old songs?
It just does not make sense and honestly, I can't see anyone in the fanbase really pining for this sort of reunion, since you KNOW that Joyce and Rourke will not be involved.

You must be a bart simpson so your opinion counts for nowt.

Has anyone heard Johnny Marr's son's music yet?

http://soundcloud.com/manmade

Sounds like Johnny's solo stuff, along with some Matthew Sweet, Smiths, and Interpol.

It's good, definitively worth your ears' time. He has a lot of potential, and I mean that in the Jeff Buckley to Tim Buckley way.

We need to inform Morrissey that he is once again the recipient of an award. We were fearful that he might not earn an award this evening but in the last chance his award was achieved and we are glad and pleased to present him with this award along with all his others and all future awards as well.
I am on this website tonight to write Morrissey is getting eight awards. I play toys with the baby boy. I love him. Prince baby.

Just imagine a reunion with Marr and Rourke... Morrissey playing with brilliant musicians once again, people his own own age with their own personalities - not his current rent-a-band, who aren't even allowed to chose what they wear never mind have a personality. Do it Morrissey, bring back a bit of self respect - your current outfit resembles a Butlins touring band. I saw you at the Troxy playing some Smiths classics and they simply didn't mean a thing because the people playing the songs didn't live those songs like yourself, Johnny, Mike and Andy.

P.S Get Simon Wolstencroft in on drums - keep the lineage intact.

Just imagine a reunion with Marr and Rourke... Morrissey playing with brilliant musicians once again, people his own own age with their own personalities - not his current rent-a-band, who aren't even allowed to chose what they wear never mind have a personality. Do it Morrissey, bring back a bit of self respect - your current outfit resembles a Butlins touring band. I saw you at the Troxy playing some Smiths classics and they simply didn't mean a thing because the people playing the songs didn't live those songs like yourself, Johnny, Mike and Andy.

P.S Get Simon Wolstencroft in on drums - keep the lineage intact.

although i didnt get the chance to see the smiths,i would not like to see them reform,it wouldnt be right,as you would get all the clueless neds getting tickets,lets remember the smiths for who they were,the coolest and best band ever.
look at whats happened with the roses,they have totally soled out,at the time they were cool,but now they have lost all respect,yet again the cluless generation will be there to see them in mancfester.
morrissey i love you
the smiths i love you
noel galagher-please be quite.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom