Noel Gallagher wants to work with Morrissey - The List

Noel Gallagher wants to work with Morrissey - The List

Quote from original article:
Noel Gallagher wants to work with Morrissey and Shaun Ryder, NOT Liam - Daily Star

28cbd3e72d9ae20379a28459ff06f8570c7e2702.jpg

Noel Gallagher has revealed he wants to get in the studio and record songs with fellow Manchester legends Morrissey and Happy Mondays singer Shaun Ryder

Excerpt:

The 50-year-old rocker has decided he wants to start sharing his songwriting talents around and has made a wish list of artists he wants to work with and top of his list is The Smiths legend - who is one of his idols and friend.

Noel and Morrissey both hail from Manchester, England, and the former Oasis star is also keen to get in the studio with another musician from his hometown, Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder.

The 'Wonderwall' hitmaker is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: "If I could write a song for Morrissey that would be great because he was a big part of my teenage years.

"He spilled: "I've been writing songs on the bass recently. I've got to say it's f***ing unbelievable. No wonder Sting is so f***ing rich! Everything I'm writing at the minute sounds like The Police or The Cure."

If Noel fulfills his wish to work with Morrissey, 58, and Shaun, 55, it won't be the first time he's collaborated with fellow rock legends.

The guitarist has previously recorded with Stone Roses singer Ian Brown, Damon Albarn's animated group Gorillaz and his close friend Paul Weller."

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:

(thank you for linking to The Daily Star, I missed that completely).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear the output of a Moz/Gallagher collab, but I doubt if it will ever happen. Can you imagine the conversation in the recording studio:
Noel: Hullo Moz! I loved your music 30 years ago. You look fookin amazing man.
Moz: Boz, can you phone my driver please?

Well he did say he loved spent he day and all the young people so it’s not all thirty years ago. I think it’d be neat to see them do a one off single maybe with a couple of bsides. He’s never gonna drop his band but I think it would be interesting to even see him do a series of collaborations as singles only

No thanks. Noel G. is one of the most over-rated songwriters ever, nobody outside the UK has even heard his dire solo stuff.

Won't happen. I think Moz must really be a fan of an artist otherwise he won't do it. He is a fan of Siouxsie, Sandie Shaw and Damien Dempsey (I hope this one will hapoen), not so much of Noel.

No thanks. Noel G. is one of the most over-rated songwriters ever, nobody outside the UK has even heard his dire solo stuff.

Oh Dear Eldritch. Before you bitch and moan. And moan and bitch just a little bit more. The only flying-bird-fool is YOU. Now GO and do something else instead of posting this tripe.

Hazard
x

This needs to happen. Keep What You Got is one of Ian Brown's best compositions that was cowritten by Noel.

And tonight he plays a sell out gig in Las Vegas and in Los Angeles on Monday.......

Noel attended a Manchester City game with Johnny not so long ago, he is a huge Smiths fan and pretty much idolizes them both. I'm sure he knows some of the solo stuff too. Collaboration could be interesting.

I'm sure he knows some of the solo stuff too. Collaboration could be interesting.

He does indeed. He even singled out both 'Spent the Day in Bed' and 'All the Young People' for praise recently.

(thank you for linking to The Daily Star, I missed that completely).
Regards,
FWD.

He has said some really stupid things in the last few years and has lost some fans some even who were other celebrities. It’s just who Morrissey is, he’s self destructive and self sabotaging, won’t be surprised if he ends up alone and broke.

He has said some really stupid things in the last few years and has lost some fans some even who were other celebrities. It’s just who Morrissey is, he’s self destructive and self sabotaging, won’t be surprised if he ends up alone and broke.
It never hurts to cut some of the chaff from the wheat and celebrity chaff is even more expendable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom