nose bleeds ..anyone

R

riggy pop

.....Was morrissey in the nose bleeds? please tell me about this band if you can much thanx .regan

This subject is featured in the books 'The Severerd Alliance' and 'Morrissey's Manchester'.
The original band was Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds. Ed, the vocalist, then left and joined Slaughter and the Dogs, another Manchester punk band.
Morrissey then became singer of the new look Nosebleeds that included Billy Duffy (of Cult fame) on guitar. Duffy knew Johnny Marr from before and later brought Marr and Moz together.
The Nosebleeds, with Moz on vocals, only played live twice and then split. Duffy then also joined Slaughter and the Dogs and when Ed Banger quit, Morrissey went for an audition but was unsuccessful. All of this took place in 1978.
Hope that answers your question?

I was recently poring over old NME's in the British Library and came across a (very) short review of a nosebleeds gig . The reviewer said Moz's name was steve morrison.

tell me I'm sad but I've still got The Nosebleeds single " 'Kinnel Tommy" on good ol vinyl 7".
It's Ed Banger on lead vocs though, as I don't think the Moz recorded owt with them, did he?
Grim

> tell me I'm sad but I've still got The Nosebleeds single " 'Kinnel
> Tommy" on good ol vinyl 7".
> It's Ed Banger on lead vocs though, as I don't think the Moz recorded owt
> with them, did he?
> Grim

Yeah, I am quite certain that Moz never recorded with them.

> Yeah, I am quite certain that Moz never recorded with them.

Nothing sad about that mate

I have a tape of Nose bleeds with moz, recording during a gig. The sound is really crappy and believe me it's not the best of moz on it but funny to hear when yout hink of what he'll done few years later

Back
Top Bottom