"Not Again!" Mozzer's Sexuality

What orientation is Morrissey (IN YOUR OPINION)?

• Gay

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Straight

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Asexual

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Pansexual

• Can't and shouldn't be classified

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • Other (please specify)

• Total voters
Re: "Not Again!" Mozzer's Sexuality (poll)

I know that nobody will respond to this because most likely everyone’s got me on ignore but there are forces that are larger than us and this is how one of them works, for me anyway. I’ll ask a question and the answer is sort of placed there for me to find. So the question lately (even though I already have a really good feeling about the answer) is this question. I can bore you to tears of hermetic androgyne talk but nobody cares about that stuff so I just observe and see your responses, still I find it irritating that Morrissey has to be elusive about it, I’d rather he didn’t have to feel uncomfortable about the topic by reporters and us constantly asking, but that’s a whole nuther thread.

Anyway, my laptop is sitting on the sitdown kitchen counter now because forces greater than me have my desk a mess so there’s no room for it where it normally goes. On that kitchen counter my room mate (okay I’m not going to lie, my room mate is my mom) places ads from the mail, usually they are grocery store ads so she can see where the sales are this week, but THIS day it’s a JC Penny’s circular, and not even a relevant one to any of our lives because it’s a back-to-school one with lots of irritating High School Musical type pukey pre-pubescent teenagers in it. So for some reason, the reason that’s greater than me, I selected this catalog as my bathroom-reading material a minute ago and aggressively flipped through it looking at the photos. I also grabbed it because recent discussion with my friend Nicole brought up the fact she used to be a JCP model as a kid, so I wanted to see the modern day version of what she had to go through. Other than that I had no idea what I was looking for or that I was even looking for something, I was just in my mind making fun of the forced irony of their t-shirts and how terrible their shoes were. Suddenly I stopped on this image. I loved the way she wore striped socks and her legs were akimbo, it was for some reason a pleasing image to my brain, I was done searching for what supposedly the greater force was looking for because I felt compelled to put the magazine down. Then I noticed the cut of the jeans. Call me crazy but there’s your answer.

3798898486_0c9d1385b7.jpg

Johnny Marr was quoted in an interview as saying, he's met all Morrissey's girlfriends and boyfriends.
I want can't be classified to win as it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Yeah, I can't see Morrissey as gay though for some strange reason...I like that picture of Morrissey with his arms around Johnny Marr, they look like a couple or very close brothers haha!

Yeah, I can't see Morrissey as gay though for some strange reason...I like that picture of Morrissey with his arms around Johnny Marr, they look like a couple or very close brothers haha!

hiya Davie, welcome to the forums;)

HELLO, I'm a singer wanting a tribute Smiths band please! :)

Johnny Marr was quoted in an interview as saying, he's met all Morrissey's girlfriends and boyfriends.

this seems to be a difficult concept for many Moz fans to comprehend :straightface:
byt of cours Moz had both bfs and gfs at one time or another, didnt we all? :thumb:
but once most people get into their 30s or 40s they have picked just 1 team :cool:
one team is for those of us who remain slaves to our desire for (the never really knowable) opposite sex
worthy.gif

& the other team is people like Moz :p

I want can't be classified to win as it doesn't matter.
nah, i think you just want a prize for winning :eek:
but its the prizes which dont matter :o

this seems to be a difficult concept for many Moz fans to comprehend :straightface:
byt of cours Moz had both bfs and gfs at one time or another, didnt we all? :thumb:
but once most people get into their 30s or 40s they have picked just 1 team :cool:
one team is for those of us who remain slaves to our desire for (the never really knowable) opposite sex
worthy.gif

& the other team is people like Moz :p

I except that his great love affair was with Jake and that probably continues in some form or other today.(which pleases me as they make a lovely couple)
however you can't seny past relationship if there was love. (in Morrissey's case, there obviously was more love than lust)

nah, i think you just want a prize for winning :eek:
but its the prizes which dont matter :o

if can't be classified wins then there will be no more of these polls as it doesn't matter.:)

Isn't he asexual? Are there any pics in the world of Morrissey kissing someone?

Isn't he asexual? Are there any pics in the world of Morrissey kissing someone?

As far as I know, he doesn't reproduce by budding :p
(Sorry, I had to).

And there's a picture of him kissing a picture of himself somewhere. I believe it was from a record signing somewhere in the neighborhood of the Vauxhall era. So I think we can safely assume through photographic evidence that he is a hermaphrodite. :thumb: End of thread :lbf:

Haha, I know...there should be another word for Asexual, people always get mixed up!

I except that his great love affair was with Jake and that probably continues in some form or other today...

You know, when the Paris 7" came out, the front cover of him resting his head against the wall - when I first saw it I thought "Wow, he really likes whoever took this picture, I wonder who it is?" Then, when I saw it was Jake, went 'OOOHHHHH, yeah, that explains that look he's got.' Not that I'm assuming anything about the current state of their relationship, but I think somebody is clearly carrying a torch (the light that hasn't gone out?:lbf:). I don't see it so much on the cover of YOR, though there is a look of comfortable familiarity in his eyes. I think you can tell a difference between the way Morrissey looks in Jake's pictures as opposed to those with other photographers. My 2 cents!

I wish somebody'd look at me like that!:o

During the Troxy concert Morrissey asked if anybody actually listens to him. I thought it amusing, because I thought that I am trying not to. :lbf:

:lbf:

So, if I really listened to what he says, I would find out he DOESN'T have a pechant for heavy middle-aged midwestern American women? I refuse to believe it! [sticks fingers in ears] "La la-la la-la la-la......"

I voted "can't and shouldn't be classified" because I think the whole point is that it's not the point.

As a figure and lyric writer, a key element of his appeal is that he makes that issue seem somehow unimportant. I don't know how this works for gay people, but for straight men I believe he provides access to a kind of honesty and sensitivity that is, well, liberating. He represents a negation of all the most gruelling elements of mainstream male culture - the need to appear strong and confident even when you are not, the taboo of sentiment, the difficulty in articulating emotion, the ridicule that tends to be the reward of earnestness and all that. No one finds these things easy, even if they accept them and follow them, and for this he is loved, as the unique figure that he is.

If he represented these things as an overtly heterosexual alpha male, it would merely be provocative. If he did so as a declared homosexual, it would be irrelevant. Being possibly both of these things or neither of them, it's the attitude and approach to life that he represents which come to the forefront - honesty, admission of vulnerability and weakness, sensitivity, earnestness, empathy - and at the same time defiance, combativeness, refusal to accept injustice. I do believe he hits something very deep and complicated in many straight men and I'm not quite sure what it is, but I suspect it has something almost christ-like about it - a tortured soul who chooses to stand outside most of the stuff we are grappling with, and who can't simply be dismissed as just another over-sensitive limp wrist. He even seems to be proud of it and laugh at us, the cheeky bastard.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that by remaining aloof from that question, he manages to give his lyrical observations a universality that he would be otherwise be closed off from. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.

I don't know, nor do I care :)

I don't mean that in a 'dissing' the thread way. I just don't mind what he is :)

I don't know, nor do I care :)

I don't mean that in a 'dissing' the thread way. I just don't mind what he is :)

That's good, I feel that way too, but some people you know would enjoy putting him inside a glass cage like he's a zoo attraction. Then watching him squirm like some last of his species animal. Maybe they would like to mimic him just like apes copy each other's behavioural patterns in order to fit in with a group. Is he this or is he that? They have to have a take on him so they can live their own lives as who they think they are, instead of just living, because that's a bit too difficult

I voted "can't and shouldn't be classified" because I think the whole point is that it's not the point.

As a figure and lyric writer, a key element of his appeal is that he makes that issue seem somehow unimportant. I don't know how this works for gay people, but for straight men I believe he provides access to a kind of honesty and sensitivity that is, well, liberating. He represents a negation of all the most gruelling elements of mainstream male culture - the need to appear strong and confident even when you are not, the taboo of sentiment, the difficulty in articulating emotion, the ridicule that tends to be the reward of earnestness and all that. No one finds these things easy, even if they accept them and follow them, and for this he is loved, as the unique figure that he is.

If he represented these things as an overtly heterosexual alpha male, it would merely be provocative. If he did so as a declared homosexual, it would be irrelevant. Being possibly both of these things or neither of them, it's the attitude and approach to life that he represents which come to the forefront - honesty, admission of vulnerability and weakness, sensitivity, earnestness, empathy - and at the same time defiance, combativeness, refusal to accept injustice. I do believe he hits something very deep and complicated in many straight men and I'm not quite sure what it is, but I suspect it has something almost christ-like about it - a tortured soul who chooses to stand outside most of the stuff we are grappling with, and who can't simply be dismissed as just another over-sensitive limp wrist. He even seems to be proud of it and laugh at us, the cheeky bastard.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that by remaining aloof from that question, he manages to give his lyrical observations a universality that he would be otherwise be closed off from. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.

Very well said! :clap:

Tags
sex pole yoyoma=sex
Back
Top Bottom