NYC Hotels, Hostels

appleblonde

I've never been to NYC, but a group of 5-6 Morrissey fans are looking for a place to stay. We want very economical options. If anyone has any insight please let me know.

Also, if there's a group/individual who's already staying in a hostel and looking for a roommate or two let me know. I want to get everything settled asap!

I've never been to NYC, but a group of 5-6 Morrissey fans are looking for a place to stay. We want very economical options. If anyone has any insight please let me know.

Also, if there's a group/individual who's already staying in a hostel and looking for a roommate or two let me know. I want to get everything settled asap!

DONT stay in a hostel in NYC. If there's 5 or 6 of you, just get a hotel room and sneak everyone into the same room. A nice room you could find for $200 and that would only be $50 a person. And you could get a cheaper option, but $200 would def get you a good hotel if you research it. Hostels in NYC are scary.

Check out tripadvisor.com under NYC for hotels/b&B/other type places to stay. After some research on there as to where you might like, check out hostelbookers.com. I couldn't make a booking via the hotel's direct website but was able to under the hostelbookers.com site.

Good luck!!!

go to craigslist and look for an apartment to rent for a week...they do that in new york. they are usually expensive for one person but 5-6 should be able to afford it (not sure if they can all fit though). i would look for a place in Brooklyn...cheaper so you can find a bigger place for the same money. it's worth a look...or go for Manhattan...no matter.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/sub/

I second the idea of getting a hotel for two and then sneaking in three or four other friends..When my band toured, we did that all the time..be descreet about it and it works like a charm..

one other word of advice with hostels..some friends went to the one near penn station and she told me there is actually a curfew and you need to be back by midnight..said it was pretty scary there but only cost $40 bucks for the night..

go to craigslist and look for an apartment to rent for a week...they do that in new york. they are usually expensive for one person but 5-6 should be able to afford it (not sure if they can all fit though). i would look for a place in Brooklyn...cheaper so you can find a bigger place for the same money. it's worth a look...or go for Manhattan...no matter.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/sub/

The guys I'm staying with were planning on getting the cheapest apartment to rent for a week. I'm trying to talk them into other options because I don't think we will fit ha ha. They will be there all week, but I'm coming later for the last 3 shows. If I don't make other plans I might not have a place to lay my head...Anyone want to share a 2 bed hostel with me? Or is there a group going to NYC that's not gonna be packed in like sardines?

dont stay at the jazz uotels tripadvisor as well as hostelworld com did get horrible reviews from the guests qwho did stay there

one quote
jazz on lenox hostelworld com
woke up with a rat in my face and was told that it wasn't their problem
(the people who worked there)

Last edited:
Hey there,

I wrote this for someone else who was looking for somewhere cheap to stay. Look under the thread, "Help:Subway TIXs NY Q?" Under there you can find my reply (toward the end) about www.nyhabitat.com. You should check it out - it's worth looking into. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom