(Odd) thrashed pair of (high top) PF Flyers found at Portland Goodwill, Marr's signature etched?

A

Anonymous

I spend a lot of time thrifting (and some of it reselling) and I found something rather strange at a Portland Goodwill. It's a very beaten-up pair of PF Flyers, with what appears to be Marr's signature on the tongue. They're very similar to the special edition PFs he put out, but these are not low-top. They surfaced at the closest Goodwill Outlet to where I understand Marr's home in Portland to be...

It seems possible to me that they were Marr's shoes at some time, and I don't know what to do with them. Would anyone here be interested in such a thing, or have any thoughts on the matter? Sorry if this is a strange, poorly-placed or silly question!

I know about those, and that's what I would have thought too - but aren't those the PF Flyer Center Lo, and not high-top? That's why I thought it was strange.

Neat find. The bins on 122nd? The only thing I would say that would make them not very valuable would be the condition.
They aren't exactly collector's quality but I'd still call it a score.

I spend a lot of time thrifting (and some of it reselling) and I found something rather strange at a Portland Goodwill. It's a very beaten-up pair of PF Flyers, with what appears to be Marr's signature on the tongue. They're very similar to the special edition PFs he put out, but these are not low-top. They surfaced at the closest Goodwill Outlet to where I understand Marr's home in Portland to be...

It seems possible to me that they were Marr's shoes at some time, and I don't know what to do with them. Would anyone here be interested in such a thing, or have any thoughts on the matter? Sorry if this is a strange, poorly-placed or silly question!

Johnny wears a kids size 8. The correct size may help determine if these were truly worn by him.

Thanks, everyone! I especially appreciate the info about the shoe size - that's just what I needed to know. These are a mens 9.5, so they don't quite fit the bill. An interesting thing find, though. :)

There was a range of PF Flyers came out some years ago with Johnny's signature on them.
Remember seeing a pair in Schuh in Edinburgh.

They were quite expensive if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom