Of Morrissey's 8 studio albums which has the best sleeve?

Of Morrissey's 8 studio albums which has the best sleeve?

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
eight.jpg

From a designer's point of view, the Kill Uncle sleeve is easily the most iconic of the ones. Below that, perhaps Southpaw, because I think it captures the albums sound, which is often a very difficult thing to do.

I must agree that Viva Hate is second best to my first choice of Your Arsenal.

To me, it's a tie between Your Arsenal and Viva Hate, I really can't decide.

your arsenal

ringleaders

viva hate (the original not that awful rereleased cd)

For me it has to be Ringleader. The font, image, inside booklet, it's all very classy.

Not sure about best, but I have to say "Kill Uncle" has the most Morrissey in it, for me, if that makes sense. Have to say, I don't think he's really come up with a GOOD cover, ever (ROTT has some nice irony, though, come to think...). Makes me think of many of his videos, which just seem bland and uninspired to me.

From a designer's point of view, the Kill Uncle sleeve is easily the most iconic of the ones.

Yep, that's the word I could have used... :)

from a 'normal' perspective it has to be Ringleader, (love the deutsche grammaphone take)
from a 'lust' perspective it has to be Your arsenal. (spent many a happy hour licking that picture)

I'm not voting, simply because I think the 1997 re-issue of VH has the best Morrissey sleeve.

Kill Uncle and Quarry are also good. I often find myself doing the KU pose.

Kill uncle because you know he's been having a kick about and is feeling good about the album. Unfortunately he lost some of his audience on it's release. I still rate it above most of his later stuff.

Back
Top Bottom