Morrissey Central "Oh Sigh" - link to Der Spiegel fraudulent journalist Claas Relotius

Oh Sigh - Morrissey Central
December 20, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/der-spie...trated-years-long-134139746.html?guccounter=1

Germany: Der Spiegel says star reporter made up material - Yahoo

Excerpt:

BERLIN (AP) — An award-winning journalist who worked for Der Spiegel, one of Germany's leading news outlets, has left the weekly magazine after evidence emerged that he committed journalistic fraud "on a grand scale" over a number of years, the publication said Wednesday.

Spiegel published a lengthy report on its website after conducting an initial internal probe of the work of Claas Relotius, a 33-year-old staff writer known for vivid investigative stories. The magazine said Relotius resigned Monday after admitting some of his articles included made-up material from interviews that never happened.

The Hamburg-based magazine said Relotius contributed almost to 60 articles published in print or online since 2011, first as a freelance writer before being hired full-time last year. The reporter previously worked for other German and Swiss publications and won numerous awards, including CNN Journalist of the Year in 2014.

Spiegel said Relotius acknowledged fabricating parts of at least 14 stories, including a piece about an American woman who he said volunteered to witness the executions of death row inmates, such as one in Texas at the beginning of the year.

Relotius didn't immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.

The case, which is still being investigated, "marks a low point in the 70-year history of Der Spiegel," the magazine said.

Recall the Morrissey interview in Der Spiegel in Nov. 2017 in which Morrissey denied saying some of the things printed, later refuted when the journalist Juliane Liebert released the audio file of the interview. It's unclear how the journalist Claas Relotius relates to Morrissey other than the Der Speigel link.

Related items:

Last edited:
Many artists become conservative when mostly old people buy tickets to their performances.

You have to know your demographic.

If youth is wasted on the young, then the future is wasted on the aged.

What kind of mental illness do blind Morrissey supporters have that makes them post text like this?

Is there a name for it? You do realize that you are not helping his cause, don't you?

I mean, not that he has much of audience left, and this is the only site that fans come to in any measurable amount.

im praying to ALLAH:turban: that in the coming New Year, your idol :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is blessed with his own blog a la blue rose blog. that way all you sock puppets can go practice your sock puppetry over there. there is but 3 of you, with skinny at the helm.

have Barnaby Jones set up a blog search committee.:oldwoman:

What kind of mental illness do blind Morrissey supporters have that makes them post text like this?

Is there a name for it? You do realize that you are not helping his cause, don't you?

I mean, not that he has much of audience left, and this is the only site that fans come to in any measurable amount.
She is a Mozbot. That's what it's called. One of the symptoms is extreme stress when confronted with facts.

What people are missing with the Italian policeman incident is that it was a complete load of lies and bollocks. :tiphat:

What people are missing with Der Spiegel is he did 4kin say it, we've heard the words coming from his mouth. :tiphat:

What people are missing with the peacock feather embellished brown cardigan is that Steve is a so called vegan and he wore it even though it was made with wool and cashmere. :tiphat:

I could go on but I'm off out for some merrymaking :thumbsup:
Happy to help at this festive time :christmastree:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
What people are missing is how sad it is that Benny is still posting the same tosh here. Years of anger, years of pointless posts. Ranting to an empty room.

Depressing. These people visiting a site of an artist that they can not stand.

SAD AND INSANE.

Wouldn’t bother with them entertaining the fact that the tape was edited by the interviewer and maybe even the publication. It’s not what words of his were published, it’s what was not published. And then the general media pulling things out of context turning it into clickbait.

The pauses in the tape could easily have been there due to the journalist pausing the tape for her to consult her notes or some other interruption. Anyway, at exactly no point has Morrissey said what and how exactly he was misquoted. He obviously said what he was reported to have said, we have heard the tape. And what exactly could have been edited out to make any difference? Morrissey has not said that either. Because unless he said, "ha ha, I was just f***ing with you, of course Kevin Spacey is a vile molester", the possible edited out comments would make no difference. Stating otherwise is just SAD AND INSANE.

The pauses in the tape could easily have been there due to the journalist pausing the tape for her to consult her notes or some other interruption. Anyway, at exactly no point has Morrissey said what and how exactly he was misquoted. He obviously said what he was reported to have said, we have heard the tape. And what exactly could have been edited out to make any difference? Morrissey has not said that either. Because unless he said, "ha ha, I was just f***ing with you, of course Kevin Spacey is a vile molester", the possible edited out comments would make no difference. Stating otherwise is just SAD AND INSANE.
He's not shy of taking people to court. If he had been misquoted to any significant extent he would have sued. The fact is that what he said has been echoed/repeated/reflected in other interviews down the years, so it's not as if it didn't ring true. I really think he's still getting to grips with the digital age, and the fact that it's harder to be 'provocative' these days because the backlash is so huge and immediate and unforgiving.

He's not shy of ta
king people to court. If he had been misquoted to any significant extent he would have sued. The fact is that what he said has been echoed/repeated/reflected in other interviews down the years, so it's not as if it didn't ring true. I really think he's still getting to grips with the digital age, and the fact that it's harder to be 'provocative' these days because the backlash is so huge and immediate and unforgiving.

:rolleyes:

that was back in the day before the rise of commie fake news. there 'aint' lol enough lawyers to sue the many fake news. thats why Moz have very intelligently taken an approach to weed out the riff raff via email.o_O

very nifty by Moz, no?:brows:

good work with the postings peppermints, you and the Barnaby detective AND that Actol deserve posting prizes.

Cordially with many Salaams.

:pigface::turban::pigface:

the Halal Butcher

:highfive:

The only truth is ... we don’t know. There are edits noticeable and the interviewer admitted it was edited.

We can’t can’t rely on assumptions and guessing what he said or didn’t say and because of the edits his answers are only half answers,we’re not getting the whole picture, but that’s how this publication gets attention readership and makes its money and it’s name.

Also I believe Morrissey would need an unedited version (if it exists) to bring the publication to court.

The point is... until we hear an unedited version we don’t know what he said.

He's not shy of taking people to court. If he had been misquoted to any significant extent he would have sued. The fact is that what he said has been echoed/repeated/reflected in other interviews down the years, so it's not as if it didn't ring true. I really think he's still getting to grips with the digital age, and the fact that it's harder to be 'provocative' these days because the backlash is so huge and immediate and unforgiving.

I believe Morrissey would need an unedited version (if it exists) to bring the publication to court.

The point is... until we hear an unedited version we don’t know what he really said.

I believe Morrissey would need an unedited version (if it exists) to bring the publication to court.

The point is... until we hear an unedited version we don’t know what he really said.

To begin with, he could try to say exactly what was left out and how the printed version misrepresented what he said. But of course he can't. I personally think that he's probably shocked himself how it turned out what he said -- which is not the journalist's or the magazine's fault, but his own. He just wasn't thinking clearly and considering how the comments work on paper (and on screen). A normal person would issue an apology or a retraction of the comments, but that's not our Moz, who chooses to wage a losing battle on an innocent journalist and a respected magazine. This I find much more disturbing than his original comments.

To begin with, he could try to say exactly what was left out and how the printed version misrepresented what he said. But of course he can't. I personally think that he's probably shocked himself how it turned out what he said -- which is not the journalist's or the magazine's fault, but his own. He just wasn't thinking clearly and considering how the comments work on paper (and on screen). A normal person would issue an apology or a retraction of the comments, but that's not our Moz, who chooses to wage a losing battle on an innocent journalist and a respected magazine. This I find much more disturbing than his original comments.

:rolleyes:

O BROTHER!! of course he cant it MOZ DID NOT MAKE THE TAPE!!!
IT WAS MADE BY THE DEVIOUS FAKE NEWS DIE SPIEGEL FFS!! HOW IS MOZ
GOING TO HAVE THE TAPE!!??? very dumb these Moz haters:lbf:

AN APOLOGY TO DIE SPEIGEL WTF!! THE WHOLE OPERATION MAY BE ARRESTED FOR MAKING FAKE NEWS AND INTERVIEWS.:crazy:

THEY SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO MOZ ASAP:thumb:

To begin with, he could try to say exactly what was left out and how the printed version misrepresented what he said. But of course he can't. Maybe he has no unedited version to prove and counter their edited version of the interview, and just felt... why bother? I personally think that he's probably shocked himself how it turned out what he said -- which is not the journalist's or the magazine's fault, but his own. We don’t really know. He just wasn't thinking clearly and considering how the comments work on paper (and on screen). A normal person would issue an apology or a retraction of the comments, but that's not our Moz, Yes,‘normal’ does not write the songs that saved our lives.who chooses to wage a losing battle on an innocent journalist and a respected magazine. This I find much more disturbing than his original comments.
I understand how you and others can come to these assumptions/conclusions, but until we hear an unedited version ... we don’t really know what he said or is defending.

Venezuela

I’ve never seen anyone defend another person as much as Ketamine Sun defends Morrissey. Perhaps a mother with a child, but that’s understandable and comes from instinct. But Ketamine you are ferocious! You’re like morrisseys personal bulletproof vest, you’d literally hurl yourself infront of a train for him wouldn’t you. It’s actually quite noble, but also very worrying! I can’t say your posts don’t make me laugh, they do, I was splitting my sides there reading your exchanges! But as a compassionate human being, can I ask that you please seek professional help.

The only truth is ... we don’t know. There are edits noticeable and the interviewer admitted it was edited.

We can’t can’t rely on assumptions and guessing what he said or didn’t say and because of the edits his answers are only half answers,we’re not getting the whole picture, but that’s how this publication gets attention readership and makes its money and it’s name.

Also I believe Morrissey would need an unedited version (if it exists) to bring the publication to court.

The point is... until we hear an unedited version we don’t know what he said.

Why didn't the notoriously litigious Morrissey sue them then for misrepresentation? I mean - could it possibly be because he ACTUALLY SAID ALL THAT SHIT?

Yes. yes he did.

You are an utter f***ing moron.

Why didn't the notoriously litigious Morrissey sue them then for misrepresentation? I mean - could it possibly be because he ACTUALLY SAID ALL THAT SHIT?

Yes. yes he did.

You are an utter f***ing moron.

Head>BrickWall>BANG

Even if Morrissey admitted it, ketamine sun would still refute it! The guy, or gal, is a wacko.

Is there a link to the audio of Morrissey saying all the things he said he never said?

Morrissey came out and challenged Der Spiegel to release an audio and if they couldn't then to only trust the words seen leaving his mouth.
I wonder why nobody can find an audio link to that interview?

Morrissey came out and challenged Der Spiegel to release an audio and if they couldn't then to only trust the words seen leaving his mouth.
I wonder why nobody can find an audio link to that interview?
Discussed at length here in 2017/18.
They published the recording and a MP3 link (it's probably dead on their site by now, but it exists).
Der Spiegel, 2017:
https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...f-our-interview-with-morrissey-a-1183075.html

Transcript & audio:

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom