Omega Auctions: memorabilia auction results (June 30, 2020)

Following on from the Market Place thread detailing the auction of mainly Geoff's memorabilia, here are the final prices reached by the lots.

(Lot number/Item/Estimate/Hammer price).

242THE SMITHS I STARTED SOMETHING BILLBOARD POSTER£80 - £120£200
243THE SMITHS - MEAT IS MURDER TOUR POSTER£150 - £250£550

(The above were not from Geoff's sale).

Last edited:
Well it's good to see that the TQID signed by Moz went for £750. Mine has been on the wall for over 30 years, but it's not for sale.

Well it's good to see that the TQID signed by Moz went for £750. Mine has been on the wall for over 30 years, but it's not for sale.
Ohhh sounds interesting, do tell the tale I love these sort of stories!!!!

Very nice

That was the item I’d have bid on if I had the money.

Hatful is my favourite Smiths album & having Morrissey’s hand-drawn sketch would be amazing.

I’m rather jealous, but good for you.
What language do you speak?

Very nice

That was the item I’d have bid on if I had the money.

Hatful is my favourite Smiths album & having Morrissey’s hand-drawn sketch would be amazing.

I’m rather jealous, but good for you.

No need to be jealous, for as some have pointed out. My post was a joke.

Though it is an interesting collectors item, It’s not important to me. Possessions.

put me out of my misery,what is a stamper.

Correction, pretty sure this is the mother plate that stampers would’ve been pulled from, Omegas description isn’t the best, titled “metal stamper used to pressed side A1 of shoplifters” makes it sound like it’s a stamper that pressed the records, but actually, could be the mother plate. I’m no expert on how the process works btw, but it’s something like, master recording is cut into an acetate, the acetate is blasted with metal liquid , then you peel the Master/Father plate off, which will now ridges instead of grooves, you’ll then repeat the process , and pull the mother plate, off the father plate, which now has grooves again, and is pretty much a metal carbon copy of the acetate, then, you can pull stampers off the mother, the stampers have ridges like the father plate, and those will press your record.

Correction, pretty sure this is the mother plate that stampers would’ve been pulled from, Omegas description isn’t the best, titled “metal stamper used to pressed side A1 of shoplifters” makes it sound like it’s a stamper that pressed the records, but actually, could be the mother plate. I’m no expert on how the process works btw, but it’s something like, master recording is cut into an acetate, the acetate is blasted with metal liquid , then you peel the Master/Father plate off, which will now ridges instead of grooves, you’ll then repeat the process , and pull the mother plate, off the father plate, which now has grooves again, and is pretty much a metal carbon copy of the acetate, then, you can pull stampers off the mother, the stampers have ridges like the father plate, and those will press your record.
So you are an expert , just say so , we won’t laugh

is it a unique item?

And I thought I was cracked pre-ordering the Gene 5 album boxset (8 coloured vinyl platters with signed poster by the band) for £135!

I won the Hatful of hollow sleeve design hand drawn by Morrissey

got me some markers and crayons, gonna finish up where he didn’t and tidy it up a bit so it looks better. Trust me, it’ll be a big improvement after I’m done with it.

Stand by for before and after photos !
Hey, before you do something stupid...would you consider mailing it to Sam? I'd really like to see what kind of creative "photo montage" he might create with such incredible raw material.

is it a unique item?

I dunno, you can get 3 mothers off the father/master before degradation. I reckon this one probably is unique tho. If you’re pressing shit loads of records you’re gonna need more stampers, which means more mother plates, Cos you can only get about 5 stampers off one mother before it’ll “wear out” for want off a better term. With this tho, I don’t see the need for loads of stampers, therefore no need for multiple mother plates, as it was used for an unreleased “You Just Haven’t Earned It Yet, Baby”, a handful of tests were pressed & supposedly only 900 copies of the mispressed shoplifters. If it’s not 1 of 1, then it’s pretty close, 3 maximum. (I’m just guessing tho)

This is all very interesting, but does anybody know how much UnclePeter splurged during the sale? Prices were quite high...he'll have to invent another shade of blue to pay for the T-Shirts alone.

learn something new everyday,thanks for the info.

Is item #288 - £5000 ($6232) the most anyone has ever paid for a Smiths/Morrissey item ever?
288THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY£600 - £1,000£5,000

Is item #288 - £5000 ($6232) the most anyone has ever paid for a Smiths/Morrissey item ever?
288THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY£600 - £1,000£5,000
It was £6,400 with fees.

Prob the highest recorded item yeah. There’s always crazy private deals going on behind the scenes tho, I know Reel Around The Fountain Tests that’ve gone for £3,000, and someone paid £4,000 for a Hand In Glove Negative. I know there’s a £5,000 bounty on a Red William It Was Really Nothing Sleeve, lol.

Prob the highest recorded item yeah. There’s always crazy private deals going on behind the scenes tho, I know Reel Around The Fountain Tests that’ve gone for £3,000, and someone paid £4,000 for a Hand In Glove Negative. I know there’s a £5,000 bounty on a Red William It Was Really Nothing Sleeve, lol.
That's good to know. I'd have to say these are some of the highest prices I have seen for items in a while.

It would be great to see lists compiled/and or tracked on M-solo/Forums for top 10 or 20 Items sold at highest prices for 3 categories.. The Smiths, Morrissey, and then a list of 1-of-a-kind (non-standard released) items. Is there such a list or thread?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom