On this day

1986:

Last Smiths concert

Personally
12/13 Dec 2011 - consecutive nights in Guadalajara
The previous day, 11th in 97, Chester Northgate. One of the coldest nights I can recall - even back then in my youth.

2004:

Priest frink

Jesus.jpg

"Thank you very, very much Father Morrissey. How are you?"

"I'm blessed."

Last edited:
Recorded 9 December, but aired 17 December 2004:

Radio session featuring one of my favourite Quarry era songs, I'm Playing Easy To Get, and a charming little interview in between.

Janice was -understandably- disappointed that Moz didn't wear the priest outfit for her. 😇

Parts of NITBR always remind me of this great track (Hocus Pocus) by Focus (from 1971);
check the Focus track around c.0:45-0:48-ish and on your Moz clip around 17:00 of NITBR.

Parts of NITBR always remind me of this great track (Hocus Pocus) by Focus (from 1971);
check the Focus track around c.0:45-0:48-ish and on your Moz clip around 17:00 of NITBR.

Yeah, I can definitely hear it. It also reminds me of the beginning of Rose Garden (Sandie's version, but most of all his own live cover version.)

Both Hocus Pocus and Rose Garden are much better songs than Noise Is The Best Revenge though. 😬

Yeah, I can definitely hear it. It also reminds me of the beginning of Rose Garden (Sandie's version, but most of all his own live cover version.)

Both Hocus Pocus and Rose Garden are much better songs than Noise Is The Best Revenge though. 😬
I like NITBR, it's not a favourite but it's absolutely ok by me...(Hocus Pocus though is far superior, obv), ...but that guitar riff (if that's what it's called) bugged me for ages as I just couldn't put my finger on what it reminded me of. I solved the puzzle a while ago, but it was your post which reminded me of it again. :thumb:

I like NITBR, it's not a favourite but it's absolutely ok by me...(Hocus Pocus though is far superior, obv), ...but that guitar riff (if that's what it's called) bugged me for ages as I just couldn't put my finger on what it reminded me of. I solved the puzzle a while ago, but it was your post which reminded me of it again. :thumb:
Hocus Pocus wasn't on my radar, but the similarly to Rose Garden is also pretty obvious.

2017:

Recorded (for the most part) 18 December 2004:

Picked for the article - many mentions on Twitter. Shame there was never any justice for her.

Back
Top Bottom