one and a half hour smiths interview

You mean you didn't read the David Bret masterwork of biographical rock journalism Scandal and Passion?

Lol. I read some hilarious snippets after he launched his solo bitchfest a year or so ago. That dude's a piece of work.

How do you know all this stuff? :squiffy:

I guess I should preface that by saying I read exactly one biography, Saint Morrissey. And while it was an enjoyable read, I decided not to read anymore. I mean there's a lot of room to read between the lines and I didn't think it was fair. If someone read my biography they wouldn't exactly have me figured out. I wanted to extend Morrissey the same chance to see him through his work and words, not other peoples.

Reading interviews, obsessively, for years and years, and picking up on small useless parts of them that no-one else would bother with, most likely! I've never read any Morrissey biography (unless you count Mozipedia) because they all seem to be written by people with agendas, and I'd rather make my own mind up about the man. I have read The Severed Alliance but I came to it late - a long time after it was published - so hardly any of the info was new to me and I felt like Rogan was a little intrusive and underhanded, spending so much time discussing Morrissey's parents and interviewing people from his school days etc.

You mean you didn't read the David Bret masterwork of biographical rock journalism Scandal and Passion?

I haven't read that either. I stay away from Morrissey biographies in general. From "reviews" I've read of Scandal, it may as well have been called Exposing the Closet Case: Why Morrissey Shagged Everyone He Ever Worked With :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Saint Morrissey was just a biography written by an obsessed Moz fan

The Severed Alliance was an enjoyable read, but like someone said, has become outdated

Good 'ol Mozipedia is like the holy bible of all things Morrissey at the moment

until his self-written autobiography drops sometime (?) this year...

Saint Morrissey was just a biography written by an obsessed Moz fan

The Severed Alliance was an enjoyable read, but like someone said, has become outdated

Good 'ol Mozipedia is like the holy bible of all things Morrissey at the moment

until his self-written autobiography drops sometime (?) this year...

That's my favorite kind of autobiography.

:rofl:

I'm waiting for Johnny Marr's Morrissey autobiography! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom