"One night with Morrissey for ’80s New Wave kids" - brief interview in the Philippine Daily Inquirer

He probably does, I agree; but no fan knows who Morrissey really is, and when this repetitious anti-Royal axe-grinding is all we've got to go on in print, it doesn't paint a particularly flattering portrait. He just sounds like a man who bears too many grudges and doesn't have much else to talk about. You can blame the journalists all day long, you can say his remarks are taken out of context or twisted to generate sales or whatever else, but at some point you have to read what he's actually saying and realise that it's the same old "I am a martyr" crap again and again.

I suspect he's as bored with the questions as we are with the answers. He might not mind speaking the same tired old lines because, after all, it's a reporter from the Philippines he's talking to. If you read the recent accounts of his gigs (especially Jakarta), you'll realize that he's visiting places where fans are getting "the Morrissey experience" for the first time. Maybe he's indulging reporters from these places. In England he might do his usual "Next question" bit.

How do people find out about me? Come on Morrissey. Were smiling because we're thinking the same lines.. ya, pop, rock, inde music is asleep at the moment, nothing inspires, nothing connects.
Then one dreary, drab and uneventful day, some one hears, "What Difference Does It Make?", at a Moz party, at a pals home, on u-tube. That day becomes an eventful one. Hmmm, one wonders, that did sound better than any new stuff out there! Different, inspiring and a connection is made! Tour stuff is out there Morrissey, being heard and to
a large degree liked. Yup... Gonna put on The Smuths, gonna listen to, "What Difference Does It Make?" and realize it made all the difference in the world! The Smiths saved pop-music and Morrissey made the difference...m&d

Flacid, no less. The three albums thing? Not going to happen. It's code for his nick name, "tripod."

no his name in the Brittain gay scene was Troy Hip

about 10 years ago someone wrote that on gay- lesbian newsgroup
plus they dislike him for keeping in the closet

so his female devotees can dream to see in real if his butt tattoo is real

:crazy:

'and they say he's mentall'

no his name in the Brittain gay scene was Troy Hip

about 10 years ago someone wrote that on gay- lesbian newsgroup
plus they dislike him for keeping in the closet

so his female devotees can dream to see in real if his butt tattoo is real

:crazy:

'and they say he's mentall'

"I like you, because your not right in the head.&.. Nor am I and this is why I like you."m&d

Well, on the other hand, don't we always read about him going out to see bands he likes, such as The Heartbreaks? He's up on the current scene. He's a fan of contemporary bands.

We do, which is why in this day and age when an "act" can be so easily seen through because of how easy it is to get information about people, its kind of sad he's not being himself. I get the feeling he'd rather be seen as the guy who thinks all new music is terrible rather than say "actually I'm listening to these guys right now, check them out.." ... it's like "Oh I never use the telephone, never never, don't use computers, never never" ... and then we hear left right and center about people who received a call from Morrissey or an email from Morrissey. I get the feeling he'd rather live up to his own stereotype than actually just allow him to be himself. He's said it before, that sometimes it's good to have a little mystery about the people you admire, and I understand that, he's deliberately aloof sometimes, but when it's just outright obvious...

Let's talk about the ticketprices in Manilla. To attend will cost an avarage monthly wage for an Filipino. Life if hard enough when you belong there...
Shame is the name, Morrissey.

Let's talk about the ticketprices in Manilla. To attend will cost an avarage monthly wage for an Filipino. Life if hard enough when you belong there...
Shame is the name, Morrissey.

What price are the tickets?

We do, which is why in this day and age when an "act" can be so easily seen through because of how easy it is to get information about people, its kind of sad he's not being himself. I get the feeling he'd rather be seen as the guy who thinks all new music is terrible rather than say "actually I'm listening to these guys right now, check them out.." ... it's like "Oh I never use the telephone, never never, don't use computers, never never" ... and then we hear left right and center about people who received a call from Morrissey or an email from Morrissey. I get the feeling he'd rather live up to his own stereotype than actually just allow him to be himself. He's said it before, that sometimes it's good to have a little mystery about the people you admire, and I understand that, he's deliberately aloof sometimes, but when it's just outright obvious...

I hear what you're saying, but in my view you're not giving enough weight to your observation that everyone already knows the truth about him being a somewhat modern person. It is an open secret. He knows it's an open secret. He likes lying for the sake of it. He likes saying things that are patently untrue. As such I think your post is slightly off because your criticism stems from the assumption that he thinks he's fooling people. I don't think he's trying to do that at all. He's basically saying, "I'm lying. So what?" Personally I think it's entertaining and endearing. I don't think he's lying to me-- as I perceive it, when he lies to newspaper reporters he's really sending a message of contempt for crappy journalism, not his fans. I think he treats boring, stupid, or by-the-numbers questions with the respect they deserve.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom