"One Of Ours" Jennifer who met Morrissey backstage on Friday has passed away

Dear Morrissey-Solo-

Thank you all for your well wishes to Jennifer and her family. An amazing update to this story. Jennifer fought hard to stay well enough to attend a recent Morrissey show in LA. Morrissey asked her to come back stage, where she met her hero. He was very kind and loving to her, just as you would hope our man would be. The day after the show, Jennifer's health deteriorated and she was taking to the hospital where she is now in the intensive care unit. We are all so grateful that she could have this moment with Morrissey. A special thank you to her husband Eamon who persevered and, somehow, got a message to Morrissey about Jennifer.

Below is a message from Eamon and a photo of the visit.

My beautiful wife... her dream came true on Friday when she met her hero and idol, Moz...
she always said she would never meet Morrissey in her life time yet here she is... she didn't let anything stop her.
Thank you Morrissey for being an absolute gentleman... Kind and respectful and super suave.

Viva Moz and Viva Jen

Andy-Mats

UPDATE Nov. 8, 4:00 PM PT

From Andy-Mats:

I'm so sad to say that Jennifer passed away today. She held on to meet Morrissey. I am very sad but I am grateful that she got to meet him. She held on to meet Morrissey. I am very sad but I am grateful that she got to meet him.

39339_morrissey_and_jennifer_santa_barbara.jpg

Hello my friends,

I have a very good friend of mine who is a massive morrissey fan that is very sick. She actually turned me onto morrissey and the smiths in 1992. She unfortunately has stage four cancer and is fighting for her life in LA. I know she would appreciate hearing from fellow fans. Feel free to drop an encouraging note here for her to see or feel free to visit her Facebook page and leave a comment.

Here's her page:
https://www.facebook.com/cuddleworthy?fref=ts

To read more about her story, feel free to visit a page some of her good friends put together:
https://www.gofundme.com/2hh372c

Thank you to all the gentle and kind souls reading this....

Your old friend-

Andy-Mats

UPDATE Nov. 11:

Morrissey dedicated "One Of Our Own" to Jennifer at the Irvine concert on Nov. 9. Link posted by an anonymous person in the post-show thread:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
To read about Jennifer touched me deep in my heart. I am very sorry for her husband and her other loved ones. To loose the one you love most is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. It leaves you feeling empty, sad and life feels meaningless. I wish all the people who loved her a lot of strength not to give up, and to live a life Jennifer would be proud of.

This is such utterly, utterly bittersweet news.
I'm glad that since the positive thoughts earlier in the year that this brave lady got to achieve something so very important to her and meet Morrissey.
I extend my most heartfelt condolences to the family. I'd also say kudos to Eamon for managing to get word to Morrissey - which I'm sure wasn't easy.
My kindest, most humble regards,
FWD.

What a tragic thing to happen to such a beautiful young woman, she looks so happy in that photo, I'm sure her family and friends will cherish that memory, well done to moz for making her wish come true

Such sad, sad news. So glad she got to meet Morrissey, she looks so happy in the picture. Thanks Moz for making this special moment happen.

Very sad :( Thoughts to her family. Glad she got to go to the show and meet Morrissey and enjoy one of her last days as she did. I have absolutely zero idea who she is, but the smile on her face in the photo knowing she was so close to the end is pretty powerful.

this may be the first thread in solo history that has not train-wrecked into negativity. So happy to see that.

much condolences. what a nice thing to happen for her in her last days.

Very sad news to read about Jennifer's passing. I didn't know her but have been affected by cancer taking away a loved one. Respect for Morrissey for taking the time to meet her. I'm sure it was a beacon of light during a tough time. RIP.

Oh Jen I hope you got to hear my nothing but love dedication for you in the previous related thread.
Nothing but love to Andy, Eamon and family.

Benny :(:greatbritain::knife:

these past 2yrs i have come to learn that God, (always was cynical of a God), is everywhere.
and He, It, how ever you refer to God, is in us. He uses us to bring His peace.
Moz was just a special person put there to bring her a little peace, she probobly left this life with Morrissey in her mind, and if that's what made her happiest, she left without fear. What more could we ask for?
things happen for a reason, we don't have to know why.
Thoughts and prayers to her loved ones.
She IS beautiful.

I`m so sad for her friends and family.My heart goes our to them.I`m so glad she got to meet Morrissey.I`m glad one of her wishes came true.Again my heart goes out to her family and friends.

these past 2yrs i have come to learn that God, (always was cynical of a God), is everywhere.
Moz was just a special person put there to bring her a little peace, she probobly left this life with Morrissey in her mind, and if that's what made her happiest, she left without fear. What more could we ask for?
She IS beautiful.

Look, this is a tragedy, and I feel deeply for her loved ones, but do you really think this is the same God who lets people in Syria get bombed on a daily basis? It's a terrible thing when people around you die. I know. Shit happens. And it has nothing to do with any mystical being. Shit. Just. Happens.

That picture shows Morrissey as the kind and loving soul we all thought him to be. It's a shame that the vitriol he's spewed over recent years has taken center stage.

She IS beautiful.

I do respect your feelings but:
"Moz was just a special person put there to bring her a little peace,"
Just?
He did this on his own initiative. I don't believe he was unconsciously send by God.
With all criticism possible at Moz, that was a very kind and very nice gesture of him and I reckon it did comfort and sooth her and made her happy. When nothing more can be done, it would make me happy too and maybe, hopefully accept the unacceptable.
I hope this will be of any compensation for all her loved ones as they will be going through hard and sorrowful times.

A really lovely photo. Maybe my bitterness has been spent on the recent non-election, but the image radiates warmth to me. I hope that Eamon is getting all the support he needs and then some.

Best,

S.

I'm really sorry to hear about her passing. What a great photo - I'm glad she got that moment - she looks so lovely.
Condolences and sympathies.

So sad that she passed. I did not know her but I'm sure she was happy to meet him and to make it to see him. Prayers for her and her family and loved ones. Moz is a great guy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom